Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
MAsha'allah

salaam alikom

My story is really long " on August 3 " I was born and after 2 Years I started to know I am muslim then by 7 I was beaten to pray :D ;) jk, by 10 I was praying hamdulillah, that how I found out I am a Muslim.

wa salaam alikom

IT's great to see that you found your way to islam at such a young age.
salam.

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
MashALLAH

. I mean, I didn't even realize they were muslims.

Then I finally met a muslim who,
"brain wash" me,
gave me the best example, through the acts and behaves.

So, we can say that Allah gave the famous "click" in my brain through this person. Alhamdulillah!
Islam is the truth!

brothers & sisters, don't be upset if you are shy or you don't feel confident in giving da'wah by words...act! The acts speak better than the words! SubhanAllah!

Your absoluotly
100 % right Sister
May ALLAH be pleased with you
your are born Muslimah , i can feel from your words
All praised be to ALLAH , ar Rahman ar Raheem
thanks alot for having time writing about your lovely story
May ALLAH be pleased with you and Guide you

:hearts:
yours
laila

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
it is never to late!!!!!!!!!!

[Good afternoon everyone.
I am 25, French and Muslim since the first day of this year's Ramadan.
Here is my story.
I've been raised by my Swiss mother and half Algerian father. She used to be protestant but denied God after her father's death. His father was Muslim but he's been raised in a catholic church. He's always believed in God and raised all his kids with beautiful values and moral. Both have beautiful hearts and gave their lives to others, helping and advising to the right path.
Unfortunately in his early years, my dad married a woman who changed him and spoiled him. This woman was a kind of witch full of dirty spells. No one will never explain me how, but after his divorce (and 2 kids) and he married my mum, they accepted to accommodate his ex wife who lived under our roof until I was born. I believe that she put a kind of malediction into my family because their lives since them just changed direction. He turned into alcoholism and hard drugs. He almost died a few times. But he’s never been violent and has always been _despite his weakness_ the most giving person in the world. You can imagine how I grew up. I needed to be mature enough very quickly and was adult thinking by the age of 8. I’ve never been able to understand this world, how it works and why people act the way they do. My mum always told me to believe in men. I couldn’t understand how she still could believe in them. Secretly, in my bedroom, after crying for hours, I prayed God the way I saw it in movies and have been Listened by Him. I asked him not to be alone anymore and He sent me a sister when I reached 11.
Her parents are Senegalese. Her mother died months before we met and her father abandoned her and her 3 brothers and sisters when they were young. They were all Muslim. There’ve immediately been a connection between Maty and me. Not a normal one. Something told us that we would be linked for ever. We knew it whilst we were children. We became inseparable very quickly. After a few years, we completed each others sentences. Today, I don’t even need to talk to her anymore as I know what she thinks almost all the time. Something extraordinary linked us and saved us.
My parents also became very close to this whole family and decided one day to adopt all of them. They are a full part of the family and they've always been treated the same way than us.
But, not only did I find a family, I also found my religion.
When I reached 14, I’ve had a dream urging me to become Muslim. From that day on, I stopped eating pork and started studying Islam.
Although I was genuinely interested in religion, it was also our “teenage bad age” and my new sister and I started smoking cannabis a huge deal. After cannabis, it was alcohol and without even realising it we both were drinking one to two glasses of wine per day. It also happened to go to far with alcohol and each time I’ve been on my own facing the rest of the world, I drunk and drunk and drunk, sometimes to much for my brain to understand anything happening. I made huge mistakes and realised I turned my back to Islam.
A year ago, I’ve had another “revelation”. I realised that all I’ve been asking when I was a child actually happened, that all I’ve been praying for have been realised. And I understood how unfaithful I had been and decided to turn back to Islam. I learned how to pray on the first day of Ramadan this year. My sister and I are now in the right direction.
My father stopped drinks and drugs 5 years ago. It was too late. His brain is not working properly anymore, he’s got diabetes, hepatic, lung cancer and in a few days will have a biopsy and check on his vocal cords. Doctors told me he wouldn’t last a year. Up to a few months ago, I still thought I would never be able to forgive him for what he’s done to his family. Because of him, my mum is highly depressed and has never had a normal life, I’m quite weird and all his children are traumatised. But I realised recently that it’s not him who needs forgiveness but me. I should never have to judge my parents. Their choices were theirs and I’ve also made mistakes. Since then, my relationship with him improved a lot and we started talking. I discovered that he’s always been a Muslim in his heart. I told him I started praying and he was the happiest dad in the world. He is proud of me because I’ve taken a different path.

Today, I feel it’s my role to push him back in religion. His health is worse and worse everyday and I fear his lost soon. I now live in London but do my best to go back to France very frequently to see him. I’m afraid I don’t know what to start with. I don’t know how to put the subject on the table. I just want him to know the FATIHA before his death. I just wish he listens to me. But all he says is “it’s too late for me”.

If anyone, anyone can help me, please do.

I don’t know why I felt the urge to express myself today. It’s very rare, moreover on Internet. But I’ve been guided.
I’m sorry if some of you don’t find this text written well enough.

NAHID
dear Nahid
it is never to late sister to help your father
ask him to say Shahadah
ask him to say truely, La elaha il ALLAH
if he believes truly that there is not truly GOD but ALLAH ,inshallah AllAH will forgive him, ask him to do good,
ask him to repeat Shahadah all the time, ask him to say ALLAH AKBAER,
this will help him, inshallah

la hawla wa la quaa ella be ALLAH
i pray ALLAH lord of Al ameen to guide him in his last days to the right path,
la elaha il ALLAH
Muhammad is his messenger

i love you dear sister
may ALLAH guide you and forgive you Ameen
yours
laila

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
MashALLAH

yea ok i was born into a Muslim family but i was never really religious until the 2nd war on Iraq started...
so now im only 14 years old... a born Muslim.. and trying to do what i can for the world! :)

God Bless![/QUOTE]

MashALLAH little muslim sister, first of all, all praised to Allah for you recovery and safty, second and most important you are back to ALLAH , i am so happy for you,
you are so little and still you want to do for the World,
you are amazing
May ALLAH grant you health and May HE swt be pleased with you
yours
laila

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
MashALLAH

I grew up a Roman Catholic and would always accompany my mother doing her weekly novena to the 'Mother of Perpetual Help', a few kilometers from our house in Cavite,Philippines. I have always had a strong sense of religion and need for God. This brought me to a more aggressive search which led me to be involved with a Christian cult organization, known worldwide as "The Family" or "Children of God" founded by an American - David Berg. After leaving the organization, because of conflicting convictions and doctrines, I joined a Baptist Church and through the years, became an active youth and Bible study leader, until in 1994, the last church I attended was a full gospel evangelical mission church in Manila - The Calvary Chapel of Manila, where I led the Ushering ministry.

I came to Saudi Arabia in 1994, and was on and off attending home services for Christian evangelical groups. Later on I started to have Muslim friends who encouraged me to become Muslim but I was very strong in my refusal and always stops them short of further lecturing me about Islam. IHowever, there were very vivid instances when Islam and the Muslim prayer would just strike me and make me cry. Watching them pray makes me feel guilty of my own shortcoming as a Christian with my not so impressive prayer life.

I left Saudi Arabia in 2001 for a year and I got married to a nice Christian young lady in the Philippines. I returned back in 2002. And soon after realized an amazing desire to discover Islam. I bought myself a carpet and started praying my heart and calling God, Allah. I asked for guidance admitting my own need to a true form of worship. Then, one time, I chanced upon a book given to me by a Saudi friend, looooooong time ago, the book is a concise version of Kitab Al Tahweed (Oneness of God). I quickly finished the book between working times and finally decided I want to become a Muslim. In April 19, 2002, Black Friday,I went to the seaside crying and asking Allah to make a Muslim and make that day the last day i would be a Christian.

The day after, through the help of another Saudi friend, I said the Shahaada. 20th April, 2002.

I have since separated with my wife, because of misunderstanding and have remained single, until inshAllah, Allah will grant me with a nice Muslima, inshAllah.

Still here in Saudi Arabia, and continues to struggle in this life, aiming to please my Allah.

MashALLAH
borther, i am happy for you
Why struggling still?
your close to Beit ALLAH, Allah House!!
May ALLAH be pleased with you

laila

Anaa Muslimah

Al salamu aleikum

:tti_sister:
I reverted to islam about 2 years ago, I was born and raised in Brazil and my family is non practicing Catholics, and most of Brazil is. I moved to U.S about 8 years ago and started working for a muslim family, wacthing them and how they lived really touched me, so I took interest in Islam, I bought books and asked lots of questions to all muslims that I could find.
When I read about Islam, my heart was captured, and the lifestyle was amazing to me, being that I come from a very liberal country.
Reverting to islam was the best choice I've made in my life, I am truly happy with my decision and thankful to Allah for shinning light in my heart and bringing me to the truth, alhamdulillah.
My family was not happy at firts, but now they've accepted my choice and even buy hijabs and long shirts for me, which means a lot to me, it really shows me that they have respect for my decision.
That's the short version of my story!!!!!

FI amman Allah

jimcate

my conversion to Islam

Assamu Alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I converted to Islam 9 weeks ago today. I was raised christian and thought all my life that was the one true faith. But, observing many christians, I saw the attitude that almost anything goes. Some peope were very pious in their faith while many were lax in it. I found myself floundering from church to church, not really being satisfied with any. I was in the US Navy stationed in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia and I would hear the Anthan 5 times every day over the many loud speakers. I also purchased about 4 prayer rugs. I remember being impressed with the way Muslims prayed. One day, I was in a used book store and I came across an english translation of The Noble Qu'ran for 5 dollars-so I purchased it and started reading out of curiousity;after a little over a month of reading, I came across a web site over the internet on how to convert to Islam. I said the Shahada 9 weeks ago today, and I have felt more contentment, peace, and happiness than I ever felt before in my whole life. My wife is very upset with me over this but I try to live a humble,muslim life before her so one day she may see the light of Islam. That is my story,
Insha Allah,
jim cate:salah:

Mairo

Maryama
:salam2:

Assamu Alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I converted to Islam 9 weeks ago today. I was raised christian and thought all my life that was the one true faith. But, observing many christians, I saw the attitude that almost anything goes. Some peope were very pious in their faith while many were lax in it. I found myself floundering from church to church, not really being satisfied with any. I was in the US Navy stationed in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia and I would hear the Anthan 5 times every day over the many loud speakers. I also purchased about 4 prayer rugs. I remember being impressed with the way Muslims prayed. One day, I was in a used book store and I came across an english translation of The Noble Qu'ran for 5 dollars-so I purchased it and started reading out of curiousity;after a little over a month of reading, I came across a web site over the internet on how to convert to Islam. I said the Shahada 9 weeks ago today, and I have felt more contentment, peace, and happiness than I ever felt before in my whole life. My wife is very upset with me over this but I try to live a humble,muslim life before her so one day she may see the light of Islam. That is my story,
Insha Allah,
jim cate:salah:

:ma: What a wonderful story! It really is a wonderful thing to hear the Azthan 5x a day (that is something that effected me too, even before I embraced Islam), it is hard to explain to someone who has never heard it. Insha'Allah, would love to hear it daily here in the USA . . .

May Allah bless you and keep you safe, may you increase in patience and may Allah make your affairs easy for you.

Best wishes, God bless

hambaAllah

Welcome on board, Brother

:bismillah:
:salam2: bro Jimcate

:allahuakbar::allahuakbar::allahuakbar:

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206: to the Deen and TTI.
May you find your stay here beneficial and :inshallah: increases your eeman and knowledge.
:salah::tti_sister: May Allah AlMighty makes it easy for you and :inshallah: guides your wife to the deen too. Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

:wasalam::hijabi:

syahidah2112

wanna be shalehah
Great!!! I like this thread so much. I can catch up the spirit of being muslim. masha Allah.

FYI I was born as muslim because my parents are muslim. But, I think my family dont have an enough understanding of Islam. They only know that Islam is doing syahadah, shalat, fasting in Ramadhan month, zakat, hajj. They dont know that hijab is a mandatory, and some of them can not read arabic (Al Qur'an).

Alhamdulillah, my mother was realizing that she didnt want their children ignoring Islam. She really wanted to make her children know Islam better. Then, my parents registered me to an Islamic school when I was in elementary sch.

Actually, until I was 18 years old, I was not really interested in thinking of life and religion. But I convinced that Islam is the truth.
Then, It was the first year I was in university, I started to think seriously about life. Since that time, I learnt Islam seriously. I thought what happened around me, what happened in this world, I saw what mentioned in Qur'an and thinking of it, and thought of what I have to do in my life.

I realize that no doubt in Islam. Islam is the truth :)

Wassalamualaikum

syahidah2112

Sakeena

My reversion story

Asalam alaikum sisters,

I reverted almost 4 years ago when I was 15 years old Alhamdulilah! I became interested in Islam after I studied many cultures andto each a religion or belief belongs to. I studied India, and most of Asia and parts of Africa and Europe, too.

I am from a Christian family, I was never practising the religion, as some young people choose to get into the Bible, I wasn't at all interested in reading it or attending church services.

I so wanted to belong to a good religion that made sense to me and gave me a sense of peace inshallah. Like many people, I wanted to know more about the wolrd I live in and more about myself and what I wanted in life.

In Middle school, I met a wonderful sister, who soon became my dear friend. At the time I didn't know that she would become my sister in Islam or in anything. She was from Pakistan, raised in a Muslim family. She wasvery nice and befriended me.

She told me about her time in Pakistan, the story about Ali and Fatima, Eid-ul-Fitr, Ramadan, and the beloved Prophet (SAW).I didn't like it that much but I did later. In High school Hina and I separated, we both went to different high schools and it was hard t see and even talk. I called her of course and I asked her about Islam. "I don't like Christianity, Islam is very interesting. Tell me more, please." I said to Hina.

"Islam is the religion of mankind. There is no god but Allah (God in Arabic) and Muhammad (SAW) is His Messenger. Jesus (pbuh) is not the Son of God. He is a prophet sent by Allah (SWT) for the same messege that He sent Muhammad (SAW). Allah (SWT) is Forgiving and Merciful God."

I was so astonished! It made so much sense to me! No other religion has ever made sense. I thought to myself and asked: "How can God have a son? Why would God need to kill His son to save me? I'm not perfect...For example if I get an F on my report card, is it my fault or will Jesus take the fall for me? Afterall, he did die for my sins??

This is crazy! What is the Holy Ghost and Jesus have to do with worshipping God? What about the Ten Commandmets?

1. Have no other gods.
2. Have no idols.
3. Honor God's name.
4. Honor the Sabbath day.
5. Honor your parents.
6. Do not murder.
7. Do not commit adultery.
8. Do not steal.
9. Do not perjure yourself.
10. Do not covet.

Christians worship statues and imagesof bioth Jesus and his mother Maryam. Did God not command us to worship no other gods than Him Alone?! Sigh...

Islam is the light of our dark world. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe.
Islam is the truth and people can ignore it, reject it, but it will always haunt them even after they enter their grave!

I decided to become a Muslim in September of 2005 and I said Shahadah with the help of my dear friend Hina over the phone. Masha'Allah. On Seoptember 27 2005 I said Shahadah and kept my reversion a secret from my family.

My family, my mother was strictly opposed to the idea and she claimed it is just a phase of rebellion that I am going through. I am a Muslim and I serve Allah (alone) and Muhammad (saw) is my Prophet! I ignore their threats, their rude comments, their opinion about 9/11 and terrorism and the oppression of Muslim women.

I truly love Hijab. I feel so happy and protected in Hijab. Maybe I may wear Niqab inshallah.

Am I oppressed? No! I am free! No one put a gun to my head to be Muslim; it is my own choice. I am not brainwashed. I have a mind of my own. I think freely, I CHOSE ISLAM MYSELF! Alhamdulilah!

When I first read the Qur'an, I fell in love with it masha'Allah. I knew it was so beautiful in my heart and I can't explain the beauty of it. So elaborate in a unique poetic style. I read Al-Fatihah.

In the Name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Mercful,

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe,

Most Gracious, Most Merciful,

Master of the Day of Jugement!

You do we worship and You do we turn for help,

Keep us on the Straight Path, The Path of those whom You have bestowed Your Grace,

Not those whom incur Your wrath nor those who go astray.

Ameen!

My family never accepted me as a Muslim and I don't really care much anymore.I know that Allah (ST) loves me and I can depend on Him to help me and support me always. Allahu Akbar!!

Thanks,

May Allah (SWT) bless us all and guide us all to the straight path, ameen!

salam alaikum.

Sakeena

Never expect things to happen, struggle and make them happen. Never expect yourself to be given a good value, create a value of your own.

Sakeena

My reversion story

Asalam alaikum sisters,

Yeah, so that's my story. Anyone else want to share inshallah?

salam alaikum.

Sakeena

Never expect things to happen, struggle and make them happen. Never expect yourself to be given a good value, create a value of your own.

Sakeena

ALLAHU AKBAR!

Asalam aalaikum,

This is a beautiful thread, masha'Allah. I have finally posted my story on here lol. I still have a lot more to write. I can say that I learned a lo more about Islam on the internet, too. It's great to be Muslimah, masha'Allah.

take care,

peace and love,

~Sakeena :SMILY252:

ummsami89

american muslim comedian

Salam aliakum brothers and sisters. There was a young american muslim brother, who had a video here from youtube about Ramadan, fasting, being muslim,etc. He was very funny but very relevant. Does anyone know who I am talkin about? please help inshallah.
Sister Jamie, aka ummsami89

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
A long time back I penned this story to be shared in a yahoogroup. I found this a good platform to share so I'm here sharing it after 4 years again. Its a story of 'muslim by chance' to a 'muslim by choice'.

------------
A tear dropped from my eye, lying on my sofa, reading an Islamic digest, detailing down the words of UMMAH HATUL MOMINEEN (Mother of ALL MOMINS) and the SAHABAAH KARAM RIZWAN ULALLAH HAI AJMAEEN( The companions of the Holy Prophet (SAW) when they were about to depart from this mortal world.

Astonished by the fact, that when they were departing from this mortal world, they’re crying. Was that cry for the FEAR of DEATH? The answer came as NO. Was that cry for the fact that they’re not happy about how they passed their lives? I was confused on the answer to it. Continued anxiously to know the reason, the words of AMMA AYEESHA (RA) went passed my eyes which said “I’d wished I was a stone, a grass, for these things at least don’t have to be answerable for their deeds”.

A moment of pause came, a moment which straightened the hair on my body with fear of ALLAH I couldn’t understand. I kept thinking that as of those companions and mothers who did so much of good deeds that no one among us can ever think of , who had the most god-consciousness, piety as compared to anyone of us, when they were departing, they were weeping and crying for they couldn’t stand in front of the ALMIGHT CREATOR, ALLAH, to be answerable for their deeds. Having a fear of ALLAH so much in their last moments, even though they were among the best of the best , made me shiver with the fear of ALLAH.

For those great people who spent their lives for ISLAM, they were not satisfied with the way they passed their lives, that who knows to which act ALLAH will make them accountable for the deeds. Reading more made me go through the following hadeeth:

“Prophet Muhammad (SAW ) said” Every child of Adam (AS) goes embarrassed from this earth? The companions asked: “O Prophet! Do the good ones as well?” The Prophet (SAW) replied: “Yes, because for a person who is bad, he feels embarrassed that he was not able to do SOME GOOD DEEDS and for a person who is good he is embarrassed that he was not able to do MORE GOOD DEEDS”

Tears kept rising from my eyes as in continued to read as
“For FAITH lies in between FEAR and HOPE from ALLAH”

I started questioning myself? Where do I stand at in terms of my so-called faith? Suppose if I die now, what is it that I have to offer to my ALLAH ALMIGHTY? Nothing was the reply from the bottom of my heart. I was empty inside in terms of my offerings to ALLAH. I paused for a moment, thought over it more; tears came out and kept on drying. I was feeling guilty of the past 21-22 years of my life in which I did nothing much for ALLAH but did everything for myself. Was never a regular prayer, always used to enjoy my life that was given in a the most appropriate way I can, never had the thinking in my mind that I’m going to die. That day turned out to me as my first call to prayers when one says “ALLAH HU AKBAR” ALLAH IS THE GREATEST., I wept, I cried, I repented to ALLAH to forgive me, I asked for His mercy, I was terrified from the Fear of ALLAH and I knew that I was just running away from TRUTH by just following my OWNSELF.

From that point on till now, ALHAMDULILLAH, I have been praying regularly and I try to know more that ISLAM in total has to offer me. I’ve never felt the peace of heart in my previous life than that day when I REPTENTED over sins. I prayed my first TAHAJUD that day and I’m hopeful that ALLAH will forgive me because His blessing encompasses HIS terror and I continue to hold steadfast in the way of ALLAH because I know now that after repentance if u turn my back on ALLAH’s command, I’ll have to face the torment of this world and the hereafter.

I’d been a normal teenager like anyone of this age who looks forward to find all the charms in the material world things weather it be partying, playing etc. but praise be to ALLAH how has told me the real purpose of LIFE that one can’t find peace (ISLAM) if one doesn’t submit to HIM both Verbally and Practically. Yes, I was a MUSLIM by LABEL only, who was doing everything that if compared to a NON-MUSLIM one would not find any routine difference. For that matter, I’d believed that that was not a MUSLIM for the past 21-22 years of my life.

The faith that I had on that day was so much that I was so hopeful of the blessings of ALLAH on my repentance that I knew that if I’m going to die that day, ALLAH will INSHALLAH submit me to paradise because its ALLAH’S promise that anyone who repents back to ALLAH, ALLAH mercy n blessings are always favored for him. It was never a process that took me a day to change my mind but that day was a turning point in my life that turned the life that I’m going to pass ahead.

It has lots of background to it, one of which I feel that I have been a person who has been blessed by ALLAH SUBAHANAWATALLAH in so many aspects that I can’t pay back to Him for what he has given me. Not many people have passed a life of luxury like me; such has been the favor of ALLAH on me. One of the blessings in disguise that came from ALLAH for me was my father, may ALLAH continue to bless him, who I feel that whatsoever he has given to me as a son, the most beloved things he gave me was ISLAM, meaning that it was he who actually made me change in terms of my what I’m right now. He was never a religious man before but what I know for him is that I have never seen him miss his prayers the moment I had been in my consciousness.

That moment came as was planned by ALLAH. I along with the family besides my father had to shift from Saudia Arabia to Pakistan for my further education. After 6 months of gap he came to spend the vacations with us. Entering as a bearded man, managing a smile on his face, met us all. We’re all astonished to see it but at the same time happy to see my father keeping it because he was looking MASHALLAH good. So my impression to keeping the beard was keeping it if it looks good. I never realized the spiritual aspects of it that it refrains a person from.

He never forced us, brought forward with him some cassettes and CDs of ISLAMIC SERMONS of different SHAIKHS and requested us to read it. He was gradual in his preaching us the ISLAM that he has known. I would say that I since my childhood had always this anxiety to know about ISLAM n Prophet Muhammad sayings because most the times I have read them I felt the beauty in it and it has always been touching my heart. Continued the period in which I listened to different topics in ISLAM explaining the QURAN and the hadeeth. The SERMON always used to leave some deep feelings but that was for a LIMITED period of time and then I continued on pass on the life as I wanted. May be the sins that I had earned had left my heart filled with black spots that I didn’t want to accept it practically, I had always accepted it verbally but I’m thankful to ALLAH who in spite of the sins I had earned favored me with the blessings of ISLAM in a TRUE way that made my heart n mind peaceful which has never been before.

One scholar I’d like to mention explicitly is Dr.Zakir Naik, who when I first say the impression that came to my mind was what is this tall, weak, feeble man has to reply to the Christian questions that was posed to him and my eyes remained opened when I saw that person reply beautifully, scientifically, logically remaining in perspective of ISLAM. The calmness with which he delivered the answer made me clap, made me feel proud of the religion of truth that ALLAH has blessed, and after that point on came my struggle to acquire more n more and the quench of that is still increasing on and on..

This changed man is a result of so many SHAIKS SERMONS that they deliver to make the people come to the right path and to all the people who have favored me in this life, I feel that I can’t give back the favors of my father on me in terms of ISLAM. I pray to ALLAH to return back the favors he has done on me on the Day of Judgment.

From the beardless to the beard, is yet again a thing that was quite difficult to do for any youngster. It’s just the lack of FAITH that makes him away from keeping the beard which is again a blessing that keeps ONE away from some sins that most of the youngsters these days are up to like chasing the sisters, using dirty language. They don’t keep one because they want to continue their bad acts of evil because they know if they keep it then they don’t have to do it in short.

I kept my beard short and imagine the brother of Islam, most of them, came telling me O DUDE!! You look better without that beard. Asking questions like. Which group you have joined? Why are you becoming so ISLAMIC? Had that question from someone who was not MUSLIMS that would not have been hurting but it was my own Muslim brothers who were not happy to see a bearded face? I asked ALLAH to be with me on that though I admit that these sort of questions always used to make me trim the beard to an-inch long beard only. It was just due to my lack of faith but ALHAMDULILLAH I never made it shaved once I had made the Promise with ALLAH that I’ll not remove it and then gradually and steadily ALLAH helped me increase my faith and now I’ve kept it ALHAMDULILLAH on SUNNAH, i.e. trimming the moustache and growing the beard after that day I have not made it even an-inch short. ALHAMDULILLAH! I’m happy for my elder brother as well, who also has kept it, not just because of me but its because of the thinking that one can always give a signal to the other person that I’m a changed man, yet calm and collective, try to find out the difference that I have achieved and you haven’t.!!!

ALHMADULILLAH, I did the first AITIKAAF of my life and I have always felt that I’m a strong man and believe me, its very difficult to make a person weep or cry but praise be to ALLAH who has revealed the QURAN which if pondered upon will make even the most stiff heart man weep and cry because ALLAH, the ALMIGHTY when talks to us through that QURAN , you feel that it is you who is being pin pointed by ALLAH for your deeds. For that book is a book that can soften any heart, but the alas! part is that we Muslims just read it but don’t try to understand the message of it. Nothing has made me weep other than the book of ALLAH which has glad tidings for the good and bad results for the bad but even then I always include myself in the bad because if I’ll get excited about the glad tidings then who knows that feeling might lead towards misleading me from the way of ALLAH and the Eid I spent was really the only EID I had ever passed peacefully. ALL praise be to ALLAH!

Last not the least, I’d like to mention that most of people would be curious of that how a person so learned can, qualified to have a bachelor’s degree of computers, can say and think such a thing but dear brothers and sisters, it all about at what level of FAITH you stand on, the more you increase your faith, the more you grow to give the most beloved thing that you have with you to give in the way of ALLAH and that is your LIFE. ALLAH knows that deep inside I feel that if a day comes that I have to give the most beloved thing in the eyes of ALLAH; I’ll not show my back INSHALLAH. I pray and continue to pray that ALLAH make me steadfast on His religion.

I’m a changed man by the blessings of ALLAH and prayers of my father I feel, who continues to pray for us wherever he is. One thing is for sure that it is me who has IMPLEMTNED THE ISLAM on me. If a person, who walks by you, can’t see ISLAM on your physical body then imagine yourself being so pathetic that even though you made a Muslim, it’s difficult for anyone to tell from your face, from your body that you’re a Muslim.

ALLAH doesn’t change anyone unless they change themselves. The first step brothers and sisters have to come from you. If you fail to give it, ALLAH will not help you because it’s you who is showing your back to ALLAH and the other hand ALLAH has opened his arms for all blessings for those who come to HIM.

Last, but not the least, look into the things you have earned? Are you not the one who is doing disobedience to ALLAH after you have believed? Are you praying? Are you keeping the fasts as is the mission of fasts? Are you following the prophet’s sayings? Are you not leading a life of thyself? Are you not addicted to worldly materials and desire of the evils? Has evil not overtaken you? Are you not doing the wrong by making ideals like heroes and heroines of today? Are you not doing falsehood by loving each and every third boy or girl you meet? Are you not the sharing the LOVE that you owe to ALLAH to someone else? Are you not a victim to some one’s love illegally? Does your ISLAM allow all that? Are you being loyal to it? Are you not a lover of SONGS and when QURAN is recited upon you no change is made in your heart? Who are your ideals. Tariq bin Ziyad or a bollywood, hollywood actor; AMMA AYEESHA (RA) or a fashioned girl of a hollywood, bollywood ? Who are you blackmailing? Do you want to become a modest women or a fashion-oritned women?

With all these queries, I’d like to end it by praising ALLAH, who has given me strength to pen it down and I attribute it to my parents who have toiled too hard and are still toiling to make me a good Muslim. With some desires to memorize the QURAN and become a SCHOLAR OF QURAN AND HADEETH, I’d like you to all to pray for me so that one day when I leave from this earth, I had earned some good deeds that ALLAH be happy with and forgives me on the Day of Judgment; for that day will be day full of FEAR OF ALLAH. May ALLAH keep us all safe from the embarrassment of that day. At the end a request to all brothers and sisters to shed a tear in the way of ALLAH and repent for your wrong acts who knows the last tear dropped from your eye for the fear of ALLAH might be the last one you can offer to ALLAH, who knows its the last day your passing on this earth? who knows its the last prayer that your praying for ALLAH? Think and pause for a moment....

WAL HAMDULILLAH HAI RABIL AAALAMEEN
PRAISE BE TO ALLAH, THE LORD OF THE UNIVERSE.

May Allah bless you brother. Your story is very inspiring, and it is a story I can relate too. I too walked the same path and in a sense still struggling to deviate from the path of temptation and weakness.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
[Good afternoon everyone.
I am 25, French and Muslim since the first day of this year's Ramadan.
Here is my story.
I've been raised by my Swiss mother and half Algerian father. She used to be protestant but denied God after her father's death. His father was Muslim but he's been raised in a catholic church. He's always believed in God and raised all his kids with beautiful values and moral. Both have beautiful hearts and gave their lives to others, helping and advising to the right path.
Unfortunately in his early years, my dad married a woman who changed him and spoiled him. This woman was a kind of witch full of dirty spells. No one will never explain me how, but after his divorce (and 2 kids) and he married my mum, they accepted to accommodate his ex wife who lived under our roof until I was born. I believe that she put a kind of malediction into my family because their lives since them just changed direction. He turned into alcoholism and hard drugs. He almost died a few times. But he’s never been violent and has always been _despite his weakness_ the most giving person in the world. You can imagine how I grew up. I needed to be mature enough very quickly and was adult thinking by the age of 8. I’ve never been able to understand this world, how it works and why people act the way they do. My mum always told me to believe in men. I couldn’t understand how she still could believe in them. Secretly, in my bedroom, after crying for hours, I prayed God the way I saw it in movies and have been Listened by Him. I asked him not to be alone anymore and He sent me a sister when I reached 11.
Her parents are Senegalese. Her mother died months before we met and her father abandoned her and her 3 brothers and sisters when they were young. They were all Muslim. There’ve immediately been a connection between Maty and me. Not a normal one. Something told us that we would be linked for ever. We knew it whilst we were children. We became inseparable very quickly. After a few years, we completed each others sentences. Today, I don’t even need to talk to her anymore as I know what she thinks almost all the time. Something extraordinary linked us and saved us.
My parents also became very close to this whole family and decided one day to adopt all of them. They are a full part of the family and they've always been treated the same way than us.
But, not only did I find a family, I also found my religion.
When I reached 14, I’ve had a dream urging me to become Muslim. From that day on, I stopped eating pork and started studying Islam.
Although I was genuinely interested in religion, it was also our “teenage bad age” and my new sister and I started smoking cannabis a huge deal. After cannabis, it was alcohol and without even realising it we both were drinking one to two glasses of wine per day. It also happened to go to far with alcohol and each time I’ve been on my own facing the rest of the world, I drunk and drunk and drunk, sometimes to much for my brain to understand anything happening. I made huge mistakes and realised I turned my back to Islam.
A year ago, I’ve had another “revelation”. I realised that all I’ve been asking when I was a child actually happened, that all I’ve been praying for have been realised. And I understood how unfaithful I had been and decided to turn back to Islam. I learned how to pray on the first day of Ramadan this year. My sister and I are now in the right direction.
My father stopped drinks and drugs 5 years ago. It was too late. His brain is not working properly anymore, he’s got diabetes, hepatic, lung cancer and in a few days will have a biopsy and check on his vocal cords. Doctors told me he wouldn’t last a year. Up to a few months ago, I still thought I would never be able to forgive him for what he’s done to his family. Because of him, my mum is highly depressed and has never had a normal life, I’m quite weird and all his children are traumatised. But I realised recently that it’s not him who needs forgiveness but me. I should never have to judge my parents. Their choices were theirs and I’ve also made mistakes. Since then, my relationship with him improved a lot and we started talking. I discovered that he’s always been a Muslim in his heart. I told him I started praying and he was the happiest dad in the world. He is proud of me because I’ve taken a different path.

Today, I feel it’s my role to push him back in religion. His health is worse and worse everyday and I fear his lost soon. I now live in London but do my best to go back to France very frequently to see him. I’m afraid I don’t know what to start with. I don’t know how to put the subject on the table. I just want him to know the FATIHA before his death. I just wish he listens to me. But all he says is “it’s too late for me”.

If anyone, anyone can help me, please do.

I don’t know why I felt the urge to express myself today. It’s very rare, moreover on Internet. But I’ve been guided.
I’m sorry if some of you don’t find this text written well enough.

NAHID

Very inspiring story, and thank you so much for sharing! May Allah bless your father and bring him closer to himself. May Allah bless and guide you.
I do hope that your father becomes a practicing Muslim again. Even with all his fault, from what you told me, it seems though he also has a very good side. I hope he is not too harsh on himself and use that as a reason not to turn back to Islam. "It's too late for me" is not true, it's never too late for anyone, when some one truly repents and sincerely express his/her desire for forgiveness and mercy Allah is forever willing :D There is no limit to his mercy and bounty.

God bless you sister

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I grew up a Roman Catholic and would always accompany my mother doing her weekly novena to the 'Mother of Perpetual Help', a few kilometers from our house in Cavite,Philippines. I have always had a strong sense of religion and need for God. This brought me to a more aggressive search which led me to be involved with a Christian cult organization, known worldwide as "The Family" or "Children of God" founded by an American - David Berg. After leaving the organization, because of conflicting convictions and doctrines, I joined a Baptist Church and through the years, became an active youth and Bible study leader, until in 1994, the last church I attended was a full gospel evangelical mission church in Manila - The Calvary Chapel of Manila, where I led the Ushering ministry.

I came to Saudi Arabia in 1994, and was on and off attending home services for Christian evangelical groups. Later on I started to have Muslim friends who encouraged me to become Muslim but I was very strong in my refusal and always stops them short of further lecturing me about Islam. IHowever, there were very vivid instances when Islam and the Muslim prayer would just strike me and make me cry. Watching them pray makes me feel guilty of my own shortcoming as a Christian with my not so impressive prayer life.

I left Saudi Arabia in 2001 for a year and I got married to a nice Christian young lady in the Philippines. I returned back in 2002. And soon after realized an amazing desire to discover Islam. I bought myself a carpet and started praying my heart and calling God, Allah. I asked for guidance admitting my own need to a true form of worship. Then, one time, I chanced upon a book given to me by a Saudi friend, looooooong time ago, the book is a concise version of Kitab Al Tahweed (Oneness of God). I quickly finished the book between working times and finally decided I want to become a Muslim. In April 19, 2002, Black Friday,I went to the seaside crying and asking Allah to make a Muslim and make that day the last day i would be a Christian.

The day after, through the help of another Saudi friend, I said the Shahaada. 20th April, 2002.

I have since separated with my wife, because of misunderstanding and have remained single, until inshAllah, Allah will grant me with a nice Muslima, inshAllah.

Still here in Saudi Arabia, and continues to struggle in this life, aiming to please my Allah.
Wow, your story is very courageous, saddening, and triumphant. May Allah bless your life, and hopefully with a nice "Muslima" as you put it, amongst other things :D

tikoiusb

Be stronger.

Assalaamualaikum.
Dear,
my brother and my sister.
May Allah give always hidayah to all of us. Give guidence how all muslim in world could be together together.
Don't be scare because Allah always with us. When we remember Allah then Allah will remember us.
All the story very motivated.
Straight our way going to Allah,the only truth path.

wassalam.:)

leon

hi all..

as i have stated before........westerner working in Iraq..........fasinated by its people , religion and pureness....

since 2006 used to ask an employee and local national , at same company questions about Islam......she gave me the english version of the Qu'ran......and started to educate me........Alhumdillah........

70% of all our conversations since then took place via online regarding Islam.........we were not from same department and is very difficult to talk in the open due to the circumstances in Iraq ..

thanks to her unselfish time spent in teaching me about Islam.......two people from different worlds and different religions..... i converted.........Alhumdillah..

i still up to now ask her questions and get my teachings from her online regarding Islam.......although she is miles away now..

P.S...we were married last month...........Alhumdillah

faith86

Assalamu alaykum.

Masha Allah sisters and brothers.Alhamdu li allah , Allah shows us the light . May Allah the Almighty,help you and us to invest our lives ,our time,our money ,our relashionships solely for his pleasure,and may he make it a wealth of salvation for us when we will need it the most,in the afterlife.
Ameen ya rab. never submit to satan.ameen.
salam.