Question about Jesus.

u guys said another guy volunteered to die in place of jesus right? n that that guy too was ensured paradise for dying in jesus' place? why couldnt jesus die n go heaven. what is the point of another guy dying FOR jesus after which he goes to heaven

Surah al-imran:55
And (remember) when Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that Jesus is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Torah, the Gospel, the Qur’an] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."

AL-Kateb

however the documentary "Lost Tomb Of Jesus" shows that the tomb contained ALL of jesus' family members. there is big reason to bilieve that this is true. u should see it. on the tombs there were names such as "Joseph", "Jesus son of Joseph","Mary","James son of Joseph,brother of Jesus"...

the quranic stand may still apply, maybe the person who volunteered to die in jesus' place was the body in the tomb of jesus and family. however scientists found one more body inside the tomb. "Judah son of Jesus".

is there a possiblity jesus had a son?
dear daiual

u know that it is so hard to prove that this was the tomb of someone who was before 2000 years!! how can some one prove this?? it is impossible

and u know what! both muslims and christians believe that prophet Jesus (PBUH) went to heaven and there is no body belong to him on the earth so i wonder how u can believe it while ur bible does not

there is nothing prove that prophet Jesus was married but i do not know if there is any thing provr that he did not

on the tombs there were names such as "Joseph", "Jesus son of Joseph","Mary","James son of Joseph,brother of Jesus"...

do u think this can prove anything?!! so tell me how!

sorry for my poor english

Amir_of_spain

so what happen to jesus christ??

[QUOTE=danial;90819]hello. i am danial's friend. im a christian. im using his account to ask a question.

according to the quran, jesus didnt die right? i heard he lived till a ripe old age. did he marry anyone?[/QUOTE]

Asalam wailkium/hello Daniel.
As muslims we hold the quran and the narrations or teachings of Prophet Muhammad to be the solid source of reliable information for studying and learning of religion/god. Other sources can be examined whether it be that Utube video or another text or document, but ultimately such secondary information can only support what we know from the already established islamic sources. To summarise the answer to your question....

1) jesus did not die nor was he killed, instead the roman soldier who went to arrest jesus in his house, that solider's appearence was made to appear as jesus, and thus this soldier was killed. The soldier did not willingly take the place of jesus, instead he wanted to arrest him so he ended up being punished and died on the cross, hence it was made to appear as if jesus was killed on the cross but it was the roman soldier.

2) so what happen to jesus? well god saved him from such a terrible torture adn raised him into the heavens where he is now, awaiting until he is commanded to return to kill the anti christ towards the end of times. Note: he was raised/saved into heaven in his human bodily form, flesh and blood and soul, just like me and you are. But in heaven there is no ageing, so he will return in the same normal body that he was taken up.

3) after the battles of the anti christ is over, jesus will marry have kids, and eventually grow old and die, finishing off his natural life just like the rest of us, thus showing me and you that he indeed was a prophet, a human being, a creation, and not a divine being. When he dies his body will be placed in the grave next to prophet muhammad in medina. The grave site is already there. This is the islamic belief of christ jesus, that he was a prophet of god, and we believe this true belief of jesus stopped being practised by christains after the treaty of nicea held by constantine, where trinity was introduced into the religion.

I hope this summary helps.

dianne

Kepada kawan Danial,

Hadis riwayat Abu Hurairah ra., ia berkata:
Rasulullah saw. bersabda: Demi Zat yang menguasai diriku. Sungguh, telah dekat waktunya Isa bin Maryam turun kepada kalian untuk menjadi hakim yang adil. Dia akan mematahkan salib, membunuh babi dan tidak menerima upeti. Harta akan melimpah, sehingga tak seorang pun mau menerimanya

‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏قتيبة بن سعيد ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏ليث ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حدثنا ‏ ‏محمد بن رمح ‏ ‏أخبرنا ‏ ‏الليث ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏ابن شهاب ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏ابن المسيب ‏ ‏أنه سمع ‏ ‏أبا هريرة ‏ ‏يقولا ‏
‏قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏والذي نفسي بيده ‏ ‏ليوشكن أن ينزل فيكم ‏ ‏ابن مريم ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏حكما ‏ ‏مقسطا ‏ ‏فيكسر الصليب ويقتل الخنزير ويضع ‏ ‏الجزية ‏ ‏ويفيض ‏ ‏المال حتى لا يقبله أحد ‏
‏و حدثناه ‏ ‏عبد الأعلى بن حماد ‏ ‏وأبو بكر بن أبي شيبة ‏ ‏وزهير بن حرب ‏ ‏قالوا حدثنا ‏ ‏سفيان بن عيينة ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حدثنيه ‏ ‏حرملة بن يحيى ‏ ‏أخبرنا ‏ ‏ابن وهب ‏ ‏قال حدثني ‏ ‏يونس ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حدثنا ‏ ‏حسن الحلواني ‏ ‏وعبد بن حميد ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏يعقوب بن إبراهيم بن سعد ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏أبي ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏صالح ‏ ‏كلهم ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏الزهري ‏ ‏بهذا الإسناد ‏ ‏وفي رواية ‏ ‏ابن عيينة ‏ ‏إماما ‏ ‏مقسطا ‏ ‏وحكما عدلا ‏ ‏وفي رواية ‏ ‏يونس ‏ ‏حكما عادلا ولم يذكر إماما ‏ ‏مقسطا ‏ ‏وفي حديث ‏ ‏صالح ‏ ‏حكما ‏ ‏مقسطا ‏ ‏كما قال ‏ ‏الليث ‏ ‏وفي حديثه من الزيادة وحتى تكون السجدة الواحدة خيرا من الدنيا وما فيها ‏ ‏ثم ‏ ‏يقولا ‏ ‏أبو هريرة ‏ ‏اقرءوا إن شئتم ‏

falomar

Hello everyone, do you know why christians really beleive that Jesus was cruxified....?
After reading some of your posts, I realize Islam have very deep and good points to believe that Jesus was not crucified, according to the Quran.
But I also want to share with you one of the most reasons why christians beleive Jesus died.....according to christians it is all about the following prophesy, Please, read it all and give me your comments about it...I'm here to learn:

Isaiah 53

1 Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression [a] and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was stricken.
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.
11 After the suffering of his soul,
he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

KING JUNAID

hello. i am danial's friend. im a christian. im using his account to ask a question.

according to the quran, jesus didnt die right? i heard he lived till a ripe old age. did he marry anyone?

Salamwalaikum,

Brother you say you have heard that Isa [(A.S)i.e Jesus]lived till a rip old age.
That actually is the belief of Qadianis (or Ahmediyya). They say that Isa (A.S) died in kashmir while searching for the lost tribe of Israel. It was the movement sarted by Mirza Gulam Ahmed who claimed to be the “Second Coming of Christ”, the promised Messiah, the Mahdi, as well as being the Mujaddid of the 14th Islamic century. He also says that a muslim should not do jihad which in fact is an important duty for every muslim and even that be only in the way of Allah (SWT) and not to be used as a political weapon or an excuse for rulers to invade neighbouring territories.As far as the speculations as to who was the person cruxified instead of Isa (A.S) its not mention clearly so its better for us to not give our own judgement.

and ALLAH (AWT) KNOWS BEST.

Hiba_Islam

Salamu alaikum,

This is the first time I witness such confusing answers:
- Jesus (AS) friend volunteered to be crucified
- The solider who went to arrest Jesus (AS) is the one who was crucified
- Jesus (AS) friend who betrayed him is the one who was crucified

:girl3: :girl3: What's wrong with you people all you need to do is read the quran and hadith and base your answrs on that. Do not just make assumptions.

Can someone knowledgable clarify this point please? :SMILY209:

Jazzakum Lahu Khairan

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Hi falomar,

In Isaiah 53, all it says is that he will get pierced which it never mentioned the cross nor did it ever mention any sort of resurrection, not just in this chapter, but also throughout the Old Testament. If this servant is indeed Jesus peace be upon him, then him being pierced and never dying seems to perfectly support the Islamic teaching about Prophet Jesus peace be upon him NEVER died on the cross for anyone's sins.

Isaiah 53:5 doesn't prove or point out to any "original sin". True, Jesus had to suffer much pain, but "by his wounds we are healed" doesn't mean any dying for the sins of man. Simply it means his painful efforts brought lot of healing to the society.

Isaiah 53:10 doesn't prove resurrection, or better, this doesn't disprove the Islamic belief in any way as Islam holds Isa as is still alive.

53:10 .....he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

Above verse simply confirm the islamic belief that Allah has raised him up in heaven and has prolonged his days of life to his death (Jesus will come back on earth and will see his offspring i.e. we the new generation and will spread the true faith of Allah i.e. to worship only one God and not him).

Also notice that Isaiah 53:11 clearly states that "he will see the light". What is that light? Could it be the light of Heaven? Probably be raised to Heaven? Christians do believe that Jesus peace be upon him was indeed raised to Heaven, and so do Muslims too. However, we see no mention throughout the ENTIRE Old Testament including obviously Isaiah 53 any mention of resurrection, nor any mention for resurrection on the 3rd day or any day. So does this mean that the servant will get pierced (by being put on the cross perhaps) and then get raised without dying?

Now compare the Noble Verses to Isaiah 52:13 "...he will be raised and lifted up....". Notice that Isaiah 52:13 did not say "....he will be RESURRECTED and lifted up...." Not even once, did the Old Testament predict for the foretold Servant (Jesus) to be raised to GOD Almighty after death. There absolutely no mention of any sort of resurrection in the Bible's Old Testament what so ever.

Also, "...he will be raised and lifted up...." seems to suggest that Jesus will be picked up right from the cross, or saved right from the cross by Allah Almighty. "raised and lifted" or "taken away" seems to suggest that Jesus did not die, nor get crucified, but rather be raised and lifted by GOD Almighty to Heavens.

It appears that Isaiah 52:14 "Just as there were many who were appalled at him - his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness-" further proves Islam's claims about Jesus peace be upon him never got crucified on the cross, because if Jesus was so badly disfigured beyond any human imagination, then this means his physical appearance (face and body) afterwards might have been very confusing to the people. In other words, people might not be able to recognize him, HENCE, THIS MIGHT CAUSE FOR ANOTHER PERSON TO HAVE BEEN PUT ON THE CROSS INSTEAD OF HIM (JESUS).

For more details read following book:

CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION (click to download)

After reading some of your posts, I realize Islam have very deep and good points to believe that Jesus was not crucified, according to the Quran....I am hear to learn

It is good that you are trying to learn. Also keep in mind that Muslims do maintain that previous scriptures had been changed and that was the reason for the God to send his orignal message again through Prophet Mohammed.

Bible translators have played with words (as well as added / deleted important words that would change the meaning of verse completely) to prove their false concepts such as trinity. There are many proofs regarding human manipulation of Bible. Quran also confrims this. For more details refer to this book:

IS BIBLE GODS WORD? (Click to download)

Best Regards

Attachments

• crucifixion_or_crucifiction.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

This was taken from IslamQA:

Allaah supported ‘Eesa with great miracles which remind us of the power of Allaah, lift the spirit and promote faith in Allaah and in the Last Day. He made something like the shape of a bird from clay, and blew into it, and it became a bird, by Allaah’s leave. He healed the blind and the leper, and brought the death back to life by Allaah’s leave. He told the people what they were eating and what they were storing in their houses. So the Jews to whom Allaah had sent ‘Eesa became hostile towards him and tried to the people away from him, so they disbelieved in him and accused his mother of immorality.

When they saw that the weak and poor believed in him, and were gathering around him, they formed a plot to kill him. So they provoked the Romans against him, and they made the Roman governor think that the call of ‘Eesa contained a threat against (Roman) power. So he (the Roman governor) issued orders that ‘Eesa should be arrested and crucified. But Allaah caused a hypocrite who had betrayed him to the Romans to look like ‘Eesa. The soldiers arrested him, thinking that he was ‘Eesa, and crucified him. But Allaah saved ‘Eesa from the cross and from death, and Allaah tells us about the Jews (interpretation of the meaning):

“And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

But Allaah raised him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allaah is Ever All Powerful, All Wise”[al-Nisaa’ 4:157-158]

So Eesa (peace be upon him) did not die, rather Allaah raised him up to Himself, and he will descend before the Day of Resurrection and will follow Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He will prove the Jews to be wrong in their claim to have killed ‘Eesa and crucified him. And he will prove the Christians to be wrong who exaggerated about him and said that he was God, or the son of God, or the third of three. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, the son of Maryam will descend among you as a just judge. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and money will become so widespread that there will be no one who will accept it.” (Agreed upon; narrated by Muslim, no. 155).

When ‘Eesa comes down before the Day of Resurrection, the People of the Book will believe in him, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) but must believe in him [‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of Allaah and a human being] before his [‘Eesa (Jesus) or a Jew’s or a Christian’s] death (at the time of the appearance of the angel of death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he [‘Eesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:159]

‘Eesa ibn Maryam is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah sent him to guide the Children of Israel and to call them to worship Allaah alone, as Allaah says to the Jews and Christians (interpretation of the meaning):

“O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allaah aught but the truth. The Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allaah and His Word, (‘Be!’ — and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rooh) created by Him; so believe in Allaah and His Messengers. Say not: ‘Three (trinity)!’ Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allaah is (the only) One Ilaah (God), glory is to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allaah is All Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs”[al-Nisaa’ 4:171]

Saying that ‘Eesa is the son of God is a monstrous saying and a great evil.

“And they say: ‘The Most Gracious (Allaah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allaah, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son [‘Eesa (Jesus)], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels and others)].’

Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing.

Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,

That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Gracious (Allaah).

But it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Gracious (Allaah) that He should beget a son (or offspring or children).

There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious (Allaah) as a slave[Maryam 19:88-93]

I just stopped it there, as it covered the answer, although here is a link to the answer, very detailed. Mashallah.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10277&ln=eng

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

falomar

Well....thank you for the clarification of the verses above, yes, you have some very good points but I still need more information...so, thanks for the links... seems I have a lot to read now...:)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

In reading the original question and the worthy responses it occured to me that the original question is based on a novel. Robert Graves wrote a novel. King Jesus. He expanded the story to have Jesus marry and have children.

For the readers who are contmeplating Islam and are still Christians. Yes, it is difficult to let go of Jesus. However, the Prophet of Allah, Jesus, is not the same as the iconalized (sp) Jesus of the church. The prophet did not make any claims how could he, he was a prophet. He told the truth. The Quran gives us ready answers to any questions we may have about Jesus...it is amazing how Allah subana talla knows what we will ask. In simple words, Jesus is not the way..he is pointing to the way.

maisarah

Asalaamu'Alykum,

This was taken from IslamQA:

Allaah supported ‘Eesa with great miracles which remind us of the power of Allaah, lift the spirit and promote faith in Allaah and in the Last Day. He made something like the shape of a bird from clay, and blew into it, and it became a bird, by Allaah’s leave. He healed the blind and the leper, and brought the death back to life by Allaah’s leave. He told the people what they were eating and what they were storing in their houses. So the Jews to whom Allaah had sent ‘Eesa became hostile towards him and tried to the people away from him, so they disbelieved in him and accused his mother of immorality.

When they saw that the weak and poor believed in him, and were gathering around him, they formed a plot to kill him. So they provoked the Romans against him, and they made the Roman governor think that the call of ‘Eesa contained a threat against (Roman) power. So he (the Roman governor) issued orders that ‘Eesa should be arrested and crucified. But Allaah caused a hypocrite who had betrayed him to the Romans to look like ‘Eesa. The soldiers arrested him, thinking that he was ‘Eesa, and crucified him. But Allaah saved ‘Eesa from the cross and from death, and Allaah tells us about the Jews (interpretation of the meaning):

“And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

But Allaah raised him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allaah is Ever All Powerful, All Wise”[al-Nisaa’ 4:157-158]

So Eesa (peace be upon him) did not die, rather Allaah raised him up to Himself, and he will descend before the Day of Resurrection and will follow Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He will prove the Jews to be wrong in their claim to have killed ‘Eesa and crucified him. And he will prove the Christians to be wrong who exaggerated about him and said that he was God, or the son of God, or the third of three. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, the son of Maryam will descend among you as a just judge. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and money will become so widespread that there will be no one who will accept it.” (Agreed upon; narrated by Muslim, no. 155).

When ‘Eesa comes down before the Day of Resurrection, the People of the Book will believe in him, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) but must believe in him [‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of Allaah and a human being] before his [‘Eesa (Jesus) or a Jew’s or a Christian’s] death (at the time of the appearance of the angel of death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he [‘Eesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:159]

‘Eesa ibn Maryam is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah sent him to guide the Children of Israel and to call them to worship Allaah alone, as Allaah says to the Jews and Christians (interpretation of the meaning):

“O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allaah aught but the truth. The Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allaah and His Word, (‘Be!’ — and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rooh) created by Him; so believe in Allaah and His Messengers. Say not: ‘Three (trinity)!’ Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allaah is (the only) One Ilaah (God), glory is to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allaah is All Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs”[al-Nisaa’ 4:171]

Saying that ‘Eesa is the son of God is a monstrous saying and a great evil.

“And they say: ‘The Most Gracious (Allaah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allaah, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son [‘Eesa (Jesus)], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels and others)].’

Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing.

Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,

That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Gracious (Allaah).

But it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Gracious (Allaah) that He should beget a son (or offspring or children).

There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious (Allaah) as a slave[Maryam 19:88-93]

I just stopped it there, as it covered the answer, although here is a link to the answer, very detailed. Mashallah.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10277&ln=eng

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thread answer from samiha -

In Islam, the Prophet Isa *Jesus* (alayhis salaam) was not crucified. As was mentioned, he was taken up into Heaven ALIVE and is still there awaiting his appointed time to return to Earth. However, one of the youngest of Isa (alayhis salam) companions volunteered his image as that of Isa (pbuh) and was crucified in his place and will be with Isa(pbuh) in paradise. Isa (pbuh)'s appearance was cast over this youth and he was crucified and will be given Paradise at a high rank because of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the true story of these? Roman killed Jesus or one of his companion volunteer replace him?
Most i heard the scholars said Jesus was killed by the Roman- refer yusuf estes,islam on line,islam-qa,ahmed deedat.

http://abdurrahman.org/seerah/storiesoftheprophets228p.pdf

Which hadith are you referring to? I really need to know.

Wassalamualaykum

Ali(Whalan)

My dear, Jesus was asked (in the bible now) what is your sign by the jews.. I cant recall the exact text but its in Methew, it goes like: "and the Rabbis came to him & said oh master what is your sign, he replied,"it is a heedless & adulterous generation that seeks after a sign but none shall be given to them, my sign is the sign of jonah, as jonah stayed for three days & three nights in belly of the fish, so shall the son of men stay for three days & three nights in the belly of the earth"... Now we ask you was Jonah dead or a life? if he was a life then why do you insist on Jesus dying, since he must be the same as Jonah.. You Christian celebrate good friday as the day Jesus died & that he was buried at 3 o'clock & some say 6..now start counting your three days & nights keeping in mind that sunday is the first day of the week in the jewish calender & Jesus was a jew.. And if you think about properly it doesn't add up..
This of cause using the bible' perspective...