/ArrestUS Citizen/Student Tazereded for asking a question.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

Last monday at the University of Florida, a political forum was held for the attending students with a special guest speaker, Sen. John Kerry. After nearly two hours of Kerry's lecture, it came time for students to respond with questions/comments regarding the situation of politics in America. Here is a link to the first question asked:

Andrew Meyer, 21, speaks at his University's forum

I was so disguated at what I saw, I was of course compelled to send some feedback to the U of F - only to find that their feedback form was "temporarily disabled due to abuse". Psshh, like that would stop me. I found a loophole and was able to send the following feedback, which I'd like to share with you. =)

Hello University of Florida Rep,

My name is Brandon, and I'm interested in learning more about your univeristy. My wife and I were just catching up with some news (we've been away for a few days in Jasper) and we noticed the student forum that you hosted with Sen. John Kerry.

Is this what America has come to? Even at your proud universities there is no longer any real freedom of thought. Where was that young man's freedom of speech? Is this the democracy you murder foreigners over? All of your words ring increasingly hollow with each new double-standard that you set, and I am disgusted at what I see.

People will not tolerate this much longer. Now you may only be seeing words, thoughts, and ideas. Soon, you will see the blunt edge of action, if you continue down this road. It is simply inevitable, and history affirms this. I am not making this threat to you, I am merely stating a known fact in the hopes that you will wake up! Repent and apologize to every person that has viewed your despicable student forum, and especially apologize to Andrew Meyer.

Enjoy your bad publicity. Horrid publicity. This is the state of America's campuses, where the next generation of great minds are groomed, and it is putrid.

Regards,
Brandon

I think I'll drop Sen. Kerry a line next. ;-)

:wasalam:

Selamu Aleikum,

yes I saw it, too.
Really crazy. Americans need to realize that their country is slowly turning into a police state.

Steve940

That incident was all over the news. It really just proves that these people are so wrapped up in their own world that anything that challenges them is immediately wrong in their eyes.

May Allah protect us from that

justmuslim

Asalamu alaykum

Jasakallah for sharing this. i did not see this b/c i don't watch TV. second this is what is going on in America these days. all he did is ask questions. it's horrible. can u imagine if this guy was a muslim. may Allah protect us this evil thing and help this little gay too.

fma6

Thirsty4Knowledge
so basically...freedom of speech is not allowed....in America?!! but then again.....im not surprised

apocalypse77

america has always been founded for its freedom of speech and liberty. this is among the reasons for its multi cultural diversity and why pple wana migrate to america. but sadly, theyve abuse the freedom, imperialism, colonialism etc that they realise theyre guilty now..tsk tsk tsk

kayleigh

The whole incident was ridiculous. Granted, the kid was a jokester and the class clown, and was asking ridiculous stuff to get a rise out of everything, BUT there was no reason to ask him to leave in the first place, must less taser him and charge him with inciting a riot and resisting arrest.