Brother from the Philippines

islamdbest

Salam to everyone,
I am happy to be part of the TTI community. I am a Filipino muslim living in Mindanao, Philippines. I am 3rd year medical student . I actually visit this site everyday though I am not officially registered before. I enjoyed reading the threads esp the story of the converts. I joined with the belief of gaining friends whom I can run to in times of good and bad. This time I have trouble to share with you and I badly need an advice from you.
I have a problem of losing my motivation to my studies. I am leaning towards bad vices like *!*!*!*!ography and sex. They really had bad impact on my studies. What makes thing worst is that I cannot get out of this trap. I attempted to subdue my desires many times but it is in vain. It seems God let me wander because I do not follow him. I am actually losing my spirituality and motivation to my study because of these vices. Is there anyone who can help me?
thank you very much
:tti_sister:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

First off, welcome to the website and glad to have another Filo brother on here. :)

As for your situation, there is nothing more powerful than prayer and Du'a. Seek refuge from Allaah swt constantly to keep you away from those vices Inshaa'Allaah and at the same time, distant yourself from those things that you feel that makes you fall into those vices again. Also, haven't you considered of marrying? I guess that's the best solution to one of your problem.

Another thing that I can advise you to do is to read more about the Torments of the Grave and the Life in Jannah! This would surely motivate you to submit yourself to Allaah swt, enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil Inshaa'Allaah.

I leave you in the care of Allaah, may He keep us away from evil and forgive us for all of our shortcomings AMEEN.

mosabaig

Dear Brother

:salam2:

My advice is take some time for your self and study the answers our religion offers in the battle against our nafis (Inner) enemy and Shaitan.
What I learnt helps in this is
Marriage, engagment thinking and working towards that also.
Fasting also helps control our inner self and remembering
The purpose of our life is to prepare our hereafter and we muslim are responcible higly modest and humble people.

:hearts:

ibnunas

:salam2:
Alhamdulillah, indeed admitting and knowing your sins is actually sign of a glowing FAITH in your heart.
Our FAITH is not to glow in our heart; it is supposed to shine on us.
Now it’s your own will and power to help your GLOWING FAITH come out from your heart and to SHINE on you :inshallah:

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

May Allah help you and guide you to the best.

Let fear of Allah be the part of our life.
May Allah keep us safe from every trap of Shaitaan.

I heard many brothers are suffering from this problem, may allah protect us.

The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) advised the youth with a remedy which would alleviate (any) raging desires and the danger of (these) desires, as he (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((O gathering of youth! Whoever amongst you is able, then he should get married, since that is indeed more protective for the eyes and the private parts; and whoever is unable, then he should fast, for that is indeed better for him)), [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree - V.7, P.117]

Q135. I am a sinner and can't stop doing sins so will Allah forgive me?
Answer.

1.Allah forgives all sins
Allah(SWT) gives a heart warming promise in the Qur'an in Surah Zumur 39:53
"Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls. Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
Allah(SWT) made the story of Adam(pbuh) as an example to all mankind when both he and his wife disobeyed the command of Allah, they sought Allah's forgiveness and both were forgiven.
Allah calls all mankind to repent for their sins. And he says in the Quran in Surah Yusuf 12:87
"truly no one despairs of Allah's soothing mercy, except those who have no Faith."
and in Surah al Hijr 15:56
"who despairs of the mercy of his Lord, but such as go astray?"
There are people who dispair of Allah's mercy and think that they are such sinners that Allah will never forgive them. Allah says in these two verses that such people actually disbelieve in Allah. This is because Allah has the attributes Ar Rahman (Most Gracious), Ar Raheem (Most Merciful), At Tawwaab(Oft Returning), Al Gafoor(Most Forgiving). When we despair of Allah's forgiveness and mercy it is as if we are disbelieving of Allah's these attributes.

2.Conditions of a Sincere Repentance.
Allah describes these conditions in Surah Al e Imran 3:135-136
"135 And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, and ask for forgiveness for their sins, and who can forgive sins except Allah? and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done

136 For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath- an eternal dwelling: how excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)!"
Condition 1: Feeling guilty of doing the act of sin
The realisation in a person thqat he has done or has been doing a sin. He has been wronging his own soul.

Condition 2: Stop doing the sin
3:135 "..and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done". For sincere repentance the person should stop doing the sin for which he is repenting.

Condition 3: Seek forgiveness from Allah
3:135 "..ask for forgiveness for their sins, and who can forgive sins except Allah?"
42:25 " It is he who accepts repentance from his servants

Condition 4: Determine never to do the act of sin again

Condition 5: Correction
If some persons rights have been violated then those rights should be fulfilled. Eg if a person has beeen robbed then what has been robbed has to be restored. This is because the violations in Huqooq al Ibaad – rights of the creation will not be forgiven by Allah until they are restored.

Rasoolullah (SAW) said
"Do you know who is poor? They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) said: A poor man amongst us is one who has neither dirham with him nor wealth. He (the Holy Prophet) said: The poor of my Umma would be he who would come on the Day of Resurrecton with prayers and fasts and Zakat but (he would find himself bankrupt on that day as he would have exhausted his funds of virtues) since he hurled abuses upon others, brought calumny against others and unlawfully consumed the wealth of others and shed the blood of others and beat others, and his virtues would be credited to the account of one (who suffered at his hand). And if his good deeds fall short to clear the account, then his sins would be entered in (his account) and he would be thrown in the Hell-Fire."
[Sahih Muslim vol4: no 6251]

Jazakmullah Hu-khairan

May Allah keep you away from shaitan trap and his waswasaas.
:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

lmaestro

I got the same problem when i was younger.Just keep away from the internet unless you really have to_Ofcourse you can always surf here.
Salam

Umm Amir

As salam aleikum brother.

Welcome to the site :)

I hope you will expand your islamic knowledge in here Inshallah :)

Umm Amir

As salam aleikum brother.

Welcome to the site :)

I hope you will expand your islamic knowledge in here Inshallah :)

btw... Make Duâ for Allah subhana wa ta'ala to help you find your way out of shaytains way and back to islams way Inshallah.

And brother... Please keep in mind that it's not good to tell other people about your or others sins :)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,