President of fatwa in AlAzhar University(WAHABIYYA)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

[yt]tN8hWGZNzpM[/yt]

Very interesting. MashAllah. It is by EGYPT CAIRO SHAIKH SHEIKH ATIYA ATIA ATIYYA SAGR SAQR

Alaa

slam alikum
i don't watch the video, but i believe that azhar men are not good, because they make to muslims bad picture, they make fatwa without search, i mean about bad fatwa.
انا اقصد انهم يفتون فتاوى غير لائقة وفتاوى دون ان يجروا بحوث بل يقولون فتاوى على هوى كل منهم...استغفر الله

abou hafs

about azhar university

i agree with you akhy actually as sheikh abu ishak al howayny hafidahu Allah said that isn't still a pride to be among the scholars of al azhar nowday i know there are still good scholars in azhar but they are very few and they have some misleading fatwas in terms of some matters like what the president of azhar said about hijab so we must make azhar to be as was before in times of kishk rahimahu Allah and some scholars

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I dont think that we are qualified to criticize scholars. True scholars have great respect to each other and would only address each other with utmost respect and dignity even when they disagree.

Having said that, and admitting I'm no scholar my self I did not see anything wrong with what the shiekh said.

Alazhar is a great Islamic university that have done lots of good over centuries. Every group of people have their black sheeps (I hate this racist analogy) so why not the people working at Alazhar. This should not prevent us from valuing the good work they do there though.