lost spiritually

nadja

:tti_sister: i really do not know how to start except to say i am lost. i was born basically with no religion i was forced to go to different churches as a child but really did not like what i saw going on in the hypocracy of the church. in 2000 i had a friend who was marrying a muslim man so i started looking into the islam religion. anyway i asked god to guide me the straight way and he did for he brought islam to me greatly. once i married a muslim man i converted for myself mostly and i started being more and more searching for answers. but i am from the usa a small farm town in indiana where there are nooooo muslim women or men to talk to the only way of watching the true ways of islam was fromt he internet or from my husband who basically thought i should already know how to do everything. for instant the hajib i asked him how do they keep it on? how do you put it on because i wanted to wear one properly yet he did not know nor did he find me someone who would help me. when i converted i weighed close to 400 pounds up to a year ago i had lost over 150 pounds just on my journey to complete happiness and oneness with god and islam. a year ago my son had open heart surgery and things between me and my husband started going bad i started turning away from islam because i did not still understand how do do things properly to be given a book and told to read it it will tell you just wasnt enough for me i am a show all person. so now i have gained about 75 pounds back i am unhappy and sad and i feel complete lost of hope. i know that there is only one god and for him i believe but i need direction i need guidence. i have changed back into the person i did not like before i have no hopeness in me and i feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. can anyone help me guide me show me the right ways of islam show me how to be a good muslim wife and a good servant to god so that i may show the next lost spirit. thank you for your time and anyhelp you may be able to give me.
:girl3:

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
May I ask how far it is for you to the nearest town or city where there may be a mosque? I used to live in southern Indiana, near Jeffersonville. I would think that anyplace that size in Indiana would have at least a small Muslim population. You may be able to find a small mosque there, where a sister can help you to learn about wearing hijab, and answer any other questions you may have. When I first joined this site someone I questioned how to find a mosque near me, they gave this link. Inshalla, maybe it will help you too.

Mosque finder
http://www.islamicfinder.org/

al-muslimah

slamualaycom sister:D, First i'd like to welcome you here in this fantastic forum. Sure, as brother alkathiri said you are in the right place where you can find whatever you need and any questions will be answered inshallah.
:wasalam:

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Sister Nadja,

First of all I would like to welcome you to this wonderful forum.

Second, I would like to say that the 'first step' for any muslim who wants to 'grow' , would be ideally looking for a good muslim community to belong to.
Unfortunately this is not always possible when you live in a small town, sister, you're not the only one going through this.
There are many muslims out there in different towns, cities and countries where there's no any muslim community within hand.

My advice to you is to learn more about Islam through the Net, as long as you make sure you're using 'trustfull sites', if you know what I mean, or get islamic books to read. Nowadays there's no really excuse to stop getting closer to Allah The Almighty, you just do what ever you can, and I'm sure Allah will guide you and put you back in track, enshaAllah.

I'm sorry to hear that you husband is not one of those good examples out there, remember sister that life is not perfect, and all this is just a test.
So just make sure you cling onto the right thing : Allah! And He'll do the rest for you, sister.

As for the weight issue you can browse some 'dieting tips' I posted myself in the Health and Fitness Section, and if you have any questions don't hesitate in pm me, please. It is certainly true that being overweight doesn't help much when you're going through a bad moment.

I'll be praying and making du'a for you sister, please don't despair!

May Allah give hope and peace..........

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato :hijabi:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:tti_sister: i really do not know how to start except to say i am lost. i was born basically with no religion i was forced to go to different churches as a child but really did not like what i saw going on in the hypocracy of the church. in 2000 i had a friend who was marrying a muslim man so i started looking into the islam religion. anyway i asked god to guide me the straight way and he did for he brought islam to me greatly. once i married a muslim man i converted for myself mostly and i started being more and more searching for answers. but i am from the usa a small farm town in indiana where there are nooooo muslim women or men to talk to the only way of watching the true ways of islam was fromt he internet or from my husband who basically thought i should already know how to do everything. for instant the hajib i asked him how do they keep it on? how do you put it on because i wanted to wear one properly yet he did not know nor did he find me someone who would help me. when i converted i weighed close to 400 pounds up to a year ago i had lost over 150 pounds just on my journey to complete happiness and oneness with god and islam. a year ago my son had open heart surgery and things between me and my husband started going bad i started turning away from islam because i did not still understand how do do things properly to be given a book and told to read it it will tell you just wasnt enough for me i am a show all person. so now i have gained about 75 pounds back i am unhappy and sad and i feel complete lost of hope. i know that there is only one god and for him i believe but i need direction i need guidence. i have changed back into the person i did not like before i have no hopeness in me and i feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. can anyone help me guide me show me the right ways of islam show me how to be a good muslim wife and a good servant to god so that i may show the next lost spirit. thank you for your time and anyhelp you may be able to give me.
:girl3:

Salam Alaikum

A lot of converts live in areas where they are the only Muslims, it's something that they just have to deal with, and it's a test from Allah (SWT).
i converted for myself mostly........the only way of watching the true ways of islam was fromt he internet or from my husband who basically thought i should already know how to do everything.

Sister you have to become Muslim for your self 100%, it's something that's in your heart, not something a man can influence you on ( whether directly or in directly). Also becareful with the internet, that's not the best place to find the true Islam, everyone has their own adgenda and 75% of the people out there are :SMILY27:. I have had my own horror stories.
INshAllah keep praying and reading Quran, inshAllah things will get better.:wasalam:

nadja

sisters and brothers thank you for your postings of advice and wisdom for the last day i have done nothing but research and act upon what i have found and today i find hopeness in my heart. it looks like we will be traveling to ohio to join a mosque which will be good not only for my journey but for my children. as for reading the quaran i have started to read it and am finding peace within myself with each word i read and dwell on but it is this site and other sites that have helped me along thank you all

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2: bismilah
if u are living in a country that doesnt have many muslims in it ,in my opinion,you should go to a country for holiday and there yuu can meet muslims e.g. saudi arabia, i have been there and most people are very friendly:rolleyes:and lovly to talk to, and u can get more [hasanat] in quaba' madinaa.. for showing your commitment and love to learn islam in about 3 months every year will do u fine:SMILY149:.
inshalah my advice will be helpfull
wasalam alikom wa rahmato allah wa barakatoh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You are on the right path and you are making excellent decisions. The pounds will shed off in the spring. You are intelligent and strong and we are here to remind you that you are never alone.
Your Muslim sisters will help you with the clothing and any questions you have. Please know every question you asks helps many who are not willing to ask.

NaXuS

Aslam Aliakum

Sister Nadja other brother and sisters have given you wonder ful advices .....Mashallah

i will just put some advice regarding your weight problem....Sister to get fit you have to get rid of sugar from your diet....don,t drink those cola products .....if you had to then drink the diet one....in drinks like tea or cofee ,replace sugar with diet sweetners....Inshallah you will lost a lot of weight with ease .....

Salam Alaikum

A lot of converts live in areas where they are the only Muslims, it's something that they just have to deal with, and it's a test from Allah (SWT).

Salaam sister Nadja,

I wanted to further elaborate on sister Jabba's statement from the Quran, so please reflect on these and inshallah you will benefit from it emotionally & spiritually:

"Do you expect to enter Paradise without being tested like those before you? They were tested with hardship and adversity, and were shaken up, until the messenger and those who believed with him said, "Where is GOD's victory?" GOD's victory is near" (2:214)

"We will surely test you through some fear, hunger, and loss of money, lives, and crops. Give good news to the steadfast" (2:155)

"You will certainly be tested, through your money and your lives, and you will hear from those who received the scripture, and form idol worshippers, a lot of insult. If you steadfastly persevere and lead a righteous life, this will prove the strength of your faith." (3:186)

"We will certainly put you to the test, in order to distinguish those among you who strive, and steadfastly persevere. We must expose your true qualities." (47:31)

May Allah swt bring peace and happiness to you and your family.