:salam2:

My dad just gave me a call and told me look out the window

Apparently there is a lunar eclipse happening right now

Maybe he's wrong but does look like it's about to happen

Hope this reaches you in time for you to see it

palestine

Servant of Allah
yeah it is. cause our teacher, science teacher told us to watch for it tonight. but i didn't see yet cause i'm too busy. lol. asalamu alaykum

muslimguy

we just prayed salatu ulkhosouf in the masjid. we did not see though because it's kinda cloudy over here in Raleigh North Carolina.

GAZIJA

Staff member
I saw it here in chicago, it was clear:jumpclap:
Allah knows best, but so any lunar eclipses are happening in last couple of years, or am i just talking non-sense. but to me it loooks like one of the signs of the judgement day

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
i was just about to post about it
I just saw it here so clear in wisconsin :)
It looks like a ball,not a moon
subhanAllah

waaleikum salam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
[img=left]http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/TECH/space/02/20/lunar.eclipse.ap/art.eclipse.file.afp.gi.jpg[/img]The last total lunar eclipse until 2010 occurs Wednesday night, with cameo appearances by Saturn and the bright star Regulus on either side of the veiled full moon.

A total lunar eclipse on August 28 is seen from Indonesia.

Skywatchers viewing through a telescope will have the added treat of seeing Saturn's handsome rings.

Weather permitting, the total eclipse can be seen from North and South America. People in Europe and Africa will be able to see it high in the sky before dawn on Thursday.

As the moonlight dims -- it won't go totally dark -- Saturn and Regulus will pop out and sandwich the moon. Regulus is the brightest star in the constellation Leo.

Jack Horkheimer, host of the PBS show "Star Gazer," called the event "the moon, the lord of the rings and heart of the lion eclipse."

Wednesday's event will be the last total lunar eclipse until December 20, 2010. Last year there were two.

The weather could be a spoiler for many in the United States. Cloudy skies are expected for most of the Western states with a chance of snow from the heartland to the East Coast, said Stuart Seto of the National Weather Service.

Don't Miss
I-Report: Send us your video and photos of the eclipse
Astronomers vie to make biggest telescope
Ten days of discoveries about the universe
World's biggest telescope to hunt for exoplanets
"It looks like it's going to be a hard one to spot," Seto said.

A total lunar eclipse occurs when the full moon passes into Earth's shadow and is blocked from the sun's rays that normally illuminate it. During an eclipse, the sun, Earth and moon line up, leaving a darkened moon visible to observers on the night side of the planet.

The moon doesn't go black because indirect sunlight still reaches it after passing through the Earth's atmosphere. Since the atmosphere filters out blue light, the indirect light that reaches the moon transforms it into a reddish or orange tinge, depending on how much dust and cloud cover are in the atmosphere at the time.

Wednesday's total eclipse phase will last nearly an hour. It will begin around 7 p.m. on the West Coast and 10 p.m. on the East Coast. West Coast skygazers will miss the start of the eclipse because it occurs before the moon rises.

Unlike solar eclipses, which require protective eyewear, lunar eclipses are safe to view with the naked eye.

Later this year, in August, there will be a total solar eclipse and a partial lunar eclipse.

Sauda17

Wa alaikum assalam

The Prophet's Tradition (peace be upon him)
During the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), there was a solar eclipse on the day that his son Ibrahim died. Some superstitious people said that the sun eclipsed because of the young child's death and the Prophet's sadness on that day. The Prophet corrected their understanding:
Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba: On the day of Ibrahim's death, the sun eclipsed and the people said that the eclipse was due to the death of Ibrahim (the son of the Prophet). Allah's Apostle said, "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. They do not eclipse because of someone's death or life. So when you see them, invoke Allah and pray till the eclipse is clear."

Reasons that Muslims should be humble before Allah during an eclipse

An eclipse is a sign of the majesty and power of Allah.

Narrated Abu Masud: The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death of someone from the people but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. When you see them, stand up and pray."

An eclipse can cause people to become frightened. When frightened, Muslims turn to Allah for patience and perseverance.

Narrated Abu Bakr: Allah's Apostle said: "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah and they do not eclipse because of the death of someone, but Allah frightens His devotees with them."

An eclipse is a reminder of the Day of Judgment.

Narrated Abu Musa: The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up, being afraid that it might be the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment). He went to the Mosque and offered a prayer with the longest Qiyam, bowing and prostration that I had ever seen him doing. Then he said, "These signs which Allah sends do not occur because of the life or death of somebody, but Allah makes His worshipers afraid by them. So when you see anything thereof, proceed to remember Allah, invoke Him and ask for His forgiveness."

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Narrated Abu Masud:
The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death of someone from the people but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. When you see them stand up and pray."

Narrated 'Aisha :
In the life-time of Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) the sun eclipsed, so he led the people in prayer, and stood up and performed a long Qiyam, then bowed for a long while. He stood up again and performed a long Qiyam but this time the period of standing was shorter than the first. He bowed again for a long time but shorter than the first one, then he prostrated and prolonged the prostration. He did the same in the second Raka as he did in the first and then finished the prayer; by then the sun (eclipse) had cleared. He delivered the Khutba (sermon) and after praising and glorifying Allah he said, "The sun and the moon are two signs against the signs of Allah; they do not eclipse on the death or life of anyone. So when you see the eclipse, remember Allah and say Takbir, pray and give Sadaqa." The Prophet then said, "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah! There is none who has more ghaira (self-respect) than Allah as He has forbidden that His slaves, male or female commit adultery (illegal sexual intercourse). O followers of Muhammad! By Allah! If you knew that which I know you would laugh little and weep much.

The Muslim reaction to lunar and solar eclipses can be summarized as follows:

1. Solar and lunar eclipses are reminders of the Day of Judgment, when the sun, moon, and stars will all lose their light. [When the sight is dazed, and the moon is buried in darkness, and the sun and moon are joined together: Man will say on that day, ‘Where is the refuge?’] (Al-Qiyamah 75: 7-10)

2. Being a reminder of the Last Day, the eclipse is a time for Prayer, charitable acts, and generally remembering Allah and seeking His forgiveness.

3. To believe that heavenly bodies (sun, moon, planets, stars) have power over events and people’s fates and fortunes is to reject Allah by ascribing partners to Him. [And among His Signs are the night and the day, the sun and the moon. Prostrate neither to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah who created them, if it is truly Him you worship.] (Fussilat 41: 37) Thus, one cannot worship God by worshiping creation—whether the devotions are offered to nature, heavenly bodies, idols, or human beings. The worship of something or someone created in whatever form, Muslims consider to be an underlying error of many groups active in the UK, from pagans, Druids and New Age cultures (for whom the eclipse is a sacred event) to the numerous Christian denominations. The popular but false, empty faith in astrology, so widespread in the popular press, is also condemned in Islam. Islam teaches people to constantly turn to the Source of all events: Allah.

maria_

muslims RocK
mashallah i saw it in montreal. it was a beauty. very beautiful with the sun in the back of the moon you could just slightly see it, the hint of orange. it was very beautiful mashAllah