I need help from my brothers and sisters

Forgive_Me

:salam2:,

dear brothers and sisters I got some important questions concerning my private life. I am a young muslim living in europe and I'm in love with a non muslim girl. We are going out for 9 months now (elhamdulillah we don't live the typical realtionship).

She is just 15 years old but very smart. Her father is latin american and her mother european. From the beginning of the relationship I told her that I would love to see her become a muslim and walk the right path along with me. So we spoke a lot about Islam and she allways smiled when I talked about that. I think influenced by the enthusiasm she directly replied with yes. She also said when should I wear the hijab. started to talk more about god, I showed her some videos in the web which she did like and even showed her parents etc. I was happy but the same time I had a problem with taking her seriously. Her argumentation was that everything I told her about Islam made sense to her.

She likes it when I tell her something about our religion, Allah and the life of our prophet (s.a.v.). But I allways have the feeling that she is not THAT interested, because she's rarely asking me about Islam, she allways said that I should automatically tell her about Islam. That makes me being more in defense mode and not offensively telling her about Islam. She was not religious at all before she met me. She had a bible for children but did not even look it up yet.

It has kind of ups and downs. Once we were just talking about Islam for 3 days. She said "Do I give you the feeling that I am interested into Islam?". I said sure Iam! On the phone she was also willing to say the shahada. But she was not sure and I didnt want to put pressure on her. She even asked me to teach her how to pray. For example I wrote the Surat al Fatiha on paper and gave it to her with the translation. She spoke to her mums about Islam and the drama began. Her father and mother tried to tell her that she is to young to think about Islam. By converting to Islam she would support those people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran and other muslim countries where women are oppressed. Her mother even bought her 2 books of stories of afhghan women wo are oppressed. My advantage is that she tells me EVERYTHING on the phone so I do really know whats going on and I can tell her whats right or wrong.

She still says "I will convert one day" but I told her not to convert because of me but because of Allah. She knows that I want to live the islamic lifestyle. Now she tries to get to know a muslim girl who wears the hijab from school so she can get to know learn more about women in Islam.

My question is what can I do? I know I have to be patient and trust in Allah but how am I supposed to act and react towards this girl, who I really, really love in the name of Allah. I want her to be saved and Im really worried so I need your help my bros and sis:).

My second question is the situation in the relationship. It happens that we hug, hold hand and give kisses on the cheeks. Allways after that I feel ashamed in front of Allah. Even if I make salat I don't feel good. I feel like a cheater because I asked him to bring me together with her and he did and look what I am doing now. What can I do? I thought about marrying islamic but my parents would not allow it, so should I marry secretly? I prayed so much to Allah that she would fall in love with me and she did. Now my intention is to be a good husband for her in the name of Allah and I don't want to make something wrong.

:wasalam:

Angela Hillyer

Salam alaikom brother. Hope you are well inshallah.

I have to say that your story frustrates me in a way. You have got yourself in a sticky situation. How old are you if you dont mind me asking???

This girl is very young and i get the feeling that she is only so interested in islam because she likes to please you and make you happy, and also so you will be pleased with her. Ask yourself - do you think she would continue to be interested in islam and still want to be a muslimah if use broke up?? Maybe she does, I dont know her, but brother i hope she does inshallah.

Allah knows best!!!

About the hugging and kissing.... Bro what can i say, wake up to yourself.. what are you thinking, you are supposed to be setting a good example about islam for her.. not letting her think that this stuff is ok!!!

But i no it can be hard because when i first became interested in Islam, i was seeing a muslim guy and i though that i may be just interested in islam because I wanted to be with him. But alhumdulillah when i became closer to Allah and left him I knew that islam was truely in my heart and it was definately what i wanted to be. A muslim. Alhumdulillah.

So brother maybe she is interested in islam... maybe not... Its a tricky one! Because you dont want to make the wrong decision. And then your parents and her parents come into it and there is so much drama drama drama. Trust me i know, i have been there. Is it really worth all that drama for something that might not even be true???

I hope and pray to Allah that she finds the light in islam and everything works out for the best inshallah. Pray salat al Istikhara and inshallah Allah shows you the right way.

Take care and keep us updated. Salam

hager

well,

well
first...thx for ur post
i know,ur feeling...i know.love from different religion too hard
i know one of my friend,was in that before

but,honestly:things doesn't work..cuz,alot of things
cultural
Religion,sure
So on

brother...if u're 18,17,19...sorry,that's teenage's period
ur feelings so confused in this period
u said,i prayed to fall in love with me
u just was want her love..
want her...and u get her...

may be both of u start as friends...then relationship..start to turn to love
i don't think u're in collage..
i think u're in high school...
cuz,collage Guy his/her mind change...they're adult

i know,u love her..she loves u
she likes islam...

but,we can't guide someone to the right path...allah's the one he guide always
and about kissing,hugs

please,try to stop it..
muslim can't do stuff like that??
u supposed be example.for people's in europe..
when they find muslim,kiss,hug....they 'll take wrong idea about muslims..

I suggest,brother
to talk with ur family about that?ur relationship?
calm down..
they wouldn't force u to cut ur relation,break up...so on

just,they will tell u ,their point of view..
our parents knows always more than us...

Allah know the best
hope u're not mad..from saying to u "teenager"

tabuzbr

salaam dear brother ,as others already said i feel too that perhaps u both r still very young and alhamdullilah its good to know u r so devoted towards islam ,but i think just giv a little time to the relationship perhaps its infatuation or otherwise ,but let things tkae its own course meanwhile u try to be in the limits of islam as far as possible repent for u sins as its never too late avoid physical touch in future and have patience in the name of Allah.as u know patience is one of the main attributes of Islam.so don't get too emotional and do u'r best to show her the best side of islam asa much as possible .may Allah the Almighty help u both and guide u in the right path ameen.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam alaikom brother. Hope you are well inshallah.

I have to say that your story frustrates me in a way. You have got yourself in a sticky situation. How old are you if you dont mind me asking???

This girl is very young and i get the feeling that she is only so interested in islam because she likes to please you and make you happy, and also so you will be pleased with her. Ask yourself - do you think she would continue to be interested in islam and still want to be a muslimah if use broke up?? Maybe she does, I dont know her, but brother i hope she does inshallah.

Allah knows best!!!

About the hugging and kissing.... Bro what can i say, wake up to yourself.. what are you thinking, you are supposed to be setting a good example about islam for her.. not letting her think that this stuff is ok!!!

But i no it can be hard because when i first became interested in Islam, i was seeing a muslim guy and i though that i may be just interested in islam because I wanted to be with him. But alhumdulillah when i became closer to Allah and left him I knew that islam was truely in my heart and it was definately what i wanted to be. A muslim. Alhumdulillah.

So brother maybe she is interested in islam... maybe not... Its a tricky one! Because you dont want to make the wrong decision. And then your parents and her parents come into it and there is so much drama drama drama. Trust me i know, i have been there. Is it really worth all that drama for something that might not even be true???

I hope and pray to Allah that she finds the light in islam and everything works out for the best inshallah. Pray salat al Istikhara and inshallah Allah shows you the right way.

Take care and keep us updated. Salam

Salam
Sister I couldn't have said it any better!!!:wasalam:

Forgive_Me

Salaam brothers and sisters,

thank you very much for your comments. My parents know the girl. I brought her to my parents and they were very pleased with her and they told me that I should show her the beauty of Islam and if she embraces it, we could marry when she turns 18. She had a big argumentation with her parents, where she defended islam and used beatiful phrases. Thats on of these points were I see hope and light.

When I prayed to Allah and asked him if I could "get" her, my intention was directly to show her the beauty of Islam and help her to find the right way instead of burning in hell fire.

By all respect brothers and sisters I understand that it is hard and tricky situation but I expected more support :). I mean I can do what I do and let the rest do Allah. Every time I make salat, Im praying her to become muslim one day and be my wife in the future insallah. Is this wrong? Or am I the first person with intentions like that? I heard about numerous relationsships where a girl converted to Islam by the help of her "friend" or husband. A sheikh told me that if my intention is something positive and in the name of Allah, Allah will help me. And thats what I am counting on insallah :)

I am 21 years old and I go to college. I told her that she has a lot of time and after knowing each other for 2 years our intention is to merry when she becomes 18 insaallah. She absolutely said that she would not convert to Islam because of me. Thats why she reads her 3rd little book about Islam right now.

WaSalaam

Forgive_Me

Oh and before I forget. My parents first also said she was to young etc. but then my mother, my elder brothers and their wifes said it would be an advantage. Because she often says "you bright the light into my life, because you teach me whats wright or wrong"....

And everything I teach her is from Islam...

habib786

May Allah have mercy on her and guide her to the right path of Islam .... and brother you too have a big task on your head May Allah also guide you and help you in your right intentions ........... jazakallahu khairan

dianek

Brother, at her age, she has no idea what she wants or she is going to be. You are 21! She is 15....religion aside......in the US you would be arrested for that type of relationship. I think that you need to understand that at 15 she is trying to please this older man in her life. Rather looking at herself for her own direction in life she is looking to you for the answers. I think she is too eager which makes it obvious she is shaping herself to be what you want her to be. Brother if you love her, back off until she is 18 and knows what she wants in life (well, has some idea). I know that is hard and easier said than done. But think down the road....as she matures and starts seeing opportunities open before her.....at some point she might come to resent you for choices that she made to please you.....does that make sense?

misalat

:salam2: brother,
your story is really intresting! :ma: It's my sincere prayer that you may Allah help you over come with this great task and may Allah help this little girl into the right path ... AMEEN!
please try ur best, i think some of sisters above have given you the right guide line in terms of relationship - you need to be so careful in this stage and may Allah protect you.

:wasalam:

Forgive_Me

Thank you for your post sister. But think about our prophet Muhammed who was married to our mother of Islam aicha who was waaaay younger. I would never compare that but I think there's nothing wrong about the age difference. She's very smart and intellectual, so that I don't have to put myself on a lover level or something like that.

She lived in darkness. She was thinking about commiting suicide. She was throwing up because of the problems she was surfacing.

Allah send me to her life, because from that day on, she started to think about life and religion. She has a sense and meaning in life more and more. She could have been with guys who look more attractive than I do. And the aspect she loves the most about me is my character. Which comes from Islam. I really don't understand the pesimistic way of seeing things dear sister. But I will do what I can and trust in the all mighty ALLAH (s.w.t.).

WaSalaam

dianek

Thank you for your post sister. But think about our prophet Muhammed who was married to our mother of Islam aicha who was waaaay younger. I would never compare that but I think there's nothing wrong about the age difference. She's very smart and intellectual, so that I don't have to put myself on a lover level or something like that.

She lived in darkness. She was thinking about commiting suicide. She was throwing up because of the problems she was surfacing.

Allah send me to her life, because from that day on, she started to think about life and religion. She has a sense and meaning in life more and more. She could have been with guys who look more attractive than I do. And the aspect she loves the most about me is my character. Which comes from Islam. I really don't understand the pesimistic way of seeing things dear sister. But I will do what I can and trust in the all mighty ALLAH (s.w.t.).

WaSalaam

I do not mean to sound pessimistic but she is VERY young...Girls go through ups and downs in their teen years. I have no doubt your intentions are pure and full of good. I question though her ability at this point in her life to make life altering decisions about marriage etc. Her depression before indicates instablility in her life....so she found you to cling too. I think she is looking for something, and I am not trying to devalue her affection for you. I do believe that she sees you as her knight in shining armor. But as a woman who has been in a similar relationship as a teenager, she still has a lot of growing up to do.......be there for her, but give her the space she needs to develop her own being. Anyhow, I do question this, if you are muslim, how is that you developed this relationship with her in the first place?

Mairo

Maryama
Salaam brother,

It is wonderful that you have met someone you care about and have had a positive impact on someone in this way. Insha'Allah, you may be married one day. I would hope as soon as possible! Does she currently believe in God? As a reminder to you, as a Muslim man you are allowed to marry a woman who is a believer in God, a Christian or a Jewish woman.

Brother, you must be VERY careful to protect your chastity, and encourage her to do the same. You really should remove yourself from the relationship as it is now and stop interacting with her in haram ways. And explain to her the reason for the distancing. Are there any Muslim sisters that you know who you could introduce her to? That would be better, for her to learn Islam among the safety of muslim women.

Best wishes to you, God bless

Forgive_Me

I know sister... I agree that she is young and all that. Time will show how she develops... I give her enough space, so Im not putting pressure on her. We both philosophize a lot and she gives me a lot of advices in life as well. I take her seriously and she knows that.

Well I knew her from travelling in the train, because our school is in the same town. We wrote sms for 1 month and I prayed to Allah to be a tool of him to bring her to islam. We are together for 9 months and masallah its very good up to know. She even puts pressure on me to marry her islamic :) . If you would know how it is down here and get to know a guy like me (ITS NOT BRAGING) its not a surprise for me to see her reaction. And I just want to help her. Because I really love her from the heart in the name of Allah.

Forgive_Me

Salaam brother,

It is wonderful that you have met someone you care about and have had a positive impact on someone in this way. Insha'Allah, you may be married one day. I would hope as soon as possible! Does she currently believe in God? As a reminder to you, as a Muslim man you are allowed to marry a woman who is a believer in God, a Christian or a Jewish woman.

Brother, you must be VERY careful to protect your chastity, and encourage her to do the same. You really should remove yourself from the relationship as it is now and stop interacting with her in haram ways. And explain to her the reason for the distancing. Are there any Muslim sisters that you know who you could introduce her to? That would be better, for her to learn Islam among the safety of muslim women.

Best wishes to you, God bless

:salam2: my brother

Exactly those are my thoughts. I know I can marry her like this but I really want to be with her in THIS life and in paradise my brother :). In her class she has an arab girl who wears the hijab and she wants to get to know her. And this will be better. A girl who is in her age and a muslim, so they can share islamic themes better than she can with me. Yesterday on the phone she wanted an islamic prayer which she can read when Im at school because she is worried about me. So I wrote down the Ayat Al-Kursi. :)

Please pray brothers and sister, even if you think it is unrealistic.

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum,

that was a very cute love story masha'Allah,

I reverted to Islam at 15 and well yes there was and still is drama lol but hey, I'm still a Muslim and I'm happy with Islam and everything masha'Allah, if she decides to revert at a young age inshallah for the sake of Allah inshallah please support her and inshallah if you marry her then that's wonderful alhadulilah!

May Allah (SWT) bless you both, ameen!

Forgive_Me

that was a very cute love story masha'Allah,

I reverted to Islam at 15 and well yes there was and still is drama lol but hey, I'm still a Muslim and I'm happy with Islam and everything masha'Allah, if she decides to revert at a young age inshallah for the sake of Allah inshallah please support her and inshallah if you marry her then that's wonderful alhadulilah!

May Allah (SWT) bless you both, ameen!

:salam2: Sister,

that is so nice. Hopefully she does sister. Today said she will deal more with Islam but right now she's a bit afraid of her parents, who could cut the connection between us, but she is very interested. I'll give her time and space and trust in Allah!

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalam Alakium brother,

I am not sure what to say but here it goes hopeful you will not be offend. First of all, you are a Muslim so why are you doing the boy/girlfrined thing? Do you not know what Allah SWT said? Second, i honest think the girl is listening to you talk about Islam because she likes you not Islam. It is like you want her to become Islam because you need her in your side and she believes she has to stay with you. So it seems to me you are both using Islam. You use it to not commit haram while she uses it to get to you. Then there is the age problem. She is 15 years old, i know about the prophet but can we remind oursleve we live in different century where at the age of 15 a girl doesn't know the things she would have in the propehts (pbuh) time. People are so mess up now days than they were in back then. My best advice is to back off and let her for ones discover Isalm on her own if she real wants to learn she will and you can tell her you will help if ONLY SHE ASKS!

Peace,
Theknowledgeseeker

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: brother

i don't think that any one of us would be able to "judge about her" if she's still a "kid" or "grown adult" just from the age... as there are young people who are more responsible than adults...... at the same time, try to be fair and not be "blind" just because you would like to be with her and she wants to be with you, you end-up ignoring or not recognizing some of the "limits"... be it her mentality, kissing, ... i guess you know what's haram and halal... if you see yourself (or someone else who knows you and knows the whole "story") as fair and prayed salat istikaraa, i don't see why not marry her as soon as she pronounce shahada (as Allah guides who he wants).... may Allah guide her to the right path...ameen