who was the founder of cristianity

who was the founder of cristianity

• Total voters

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
well salamualikum brothers and sister..
well, i just wanted to know about you all , that would you choose if i put such a question , where as i found it in the net...well , i don't know, and don't like any of the options , what bout you?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
sister, the founder of christianity is Paul, the current ideas followed by most of the church these these are what Paul taught, he wrote more than half of the books of the bible and his preachings are mostly used.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
but first question is which christianity we are discussing here.

if you talk about original christianity, then God gave through jesus (pbuh) guidance called Injeel.

but if you talk about present day christianity (with all its corruption), then its Paul.

Musulmanin

:salam2:

Most peculiar part of Paul's involvement with Christianity is that he actually never met Jesus (pbuh). He never talked to Jesus, he never heard him preach. Although Paul claimed to be inspired by Jesus and Jesus's spirit came to him. This is how I think it was. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

:wasalam:

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
This is a tricky question! AP style huh?
Anyway first it came from God, through Jesus, but then Paul took over and added/subtracted basically edited everything or almost everything and then it spread into different denominations from Catholic, Protestant, Lutheran, Baptist, Mormon etc.

ommtalel

salaam borthers and sisters
finally a post i can really answer:)
i am a former chritian, i reveted 4 months ago alhamdullihah!
so, if u actually read the new testement of the bible, you will surprisingly find out that NOT ONCE is there written jesus saying that he should be worshipped or prayed to!that all he was capable of doing was through the heavenly father,Allah.
after Jesus pbuh, ppl came up with what i can only compare to what islam calls hadith, ppl saying what they heard jesus say and do, some of it was correct, some tampered with and some completely made up.
then came paul, who didnt like the way the jewish scriptures described God(stahferallah!!!) saying that God was being described as too cruel.
so paul who was born about 2ooyrs after jesus pbuh death , took out what he didnt like, added what was interesting to him, diregarded some books and preferred others.
you should really watch this if you want more information. it is actually quit interesting, it helped me to know how to answer ppl who try to argue that the bible is the word of God. most christains dont even know who made the bible and how it was put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8PQ6_0gJUE

as for christianty, not even Jesus pbuh taught christanity, beacuse christians worship jesus and jesus phub never asked for such a thing. you should also watch this, one of ahmed deedat's debates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8PQ6_0gJUE

hope i helped
salaam

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam

Actually, its hard to give a direct answer since many of Christianity's aspects where influenced by all these people. Some of Prophet Isaa's (PBUH) teachings still exist in modern day Christianity (though that doesn't necessarily mean they are practiced) and the same holds true for his disciples. On the other hand, Paul's corruption too does exist and we see this with allowing to suddenly eat swine and abolishing the need for circumcision, ext.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

if you talk about original christianity, then God gave through jesus (pbuh) guidance called Injeel.

but if you talk about present day christianity (with all its corruption), then its Paul.

no no brother Ahmed there is no such thing as christianity Allah (swt) gave jesus (PBUH) only Islam, its the people that did that.
christianity the word is spoken of in the book of acts, in a place called Antioch where the people would make fun of the followers of Jesus (PBUH) christ by saying these are christians the followers of christ, the christians liked the term and u got christianity from it :)
Otherwise there is only one true religion which is the submission of ur will to Allah (swt) and one word for that is Islam :)

Musulmanin

I believe followers of Jesus Christ (pbuh) did not call themselves christians nor did Jesus call them to christianity. The term was not even present during the time of the Prophet.

:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Though there are many other characters involved but Paul or Saul of Tarsus played the major part in making christianity. The word "christianity" was first utterred by King Agrippa when Paul was preaching the king so the king apparently said "are you trying to make me a christian?" OR ‘Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?’" In other words, Agrippa was saying, "Paul, do you think that in such a short time after such a brief message you can persuade me to become a Christian? Don’t you know how powerful and intellectually sophisticated I am?"

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

I understand that you see present day Christianity as different from what you think that Jesus taught. But I don't understand why Paul gets charged with making that change and not Jesus' disciples? After all, Paul was originally a hater of Christianity as taught by the disicples and had to be converted to it. And the thing that he hated was that the disciples were lifting up Jesus as Lord and worshipping Jesus as they did God. It was the disciples, not Paul, who first claimed that salvation was found in no other name than Jesus, a clear violation of the the 1st Commandment as far as Paul was concerned. Paul only became a Christian when he was convinced that Christians were not breaking the first commandment.

fada_all

salam alikom

im sorry i ahve no idea about this topic, or even i can say i have never heard of things like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vegangoth

Banned
Consider also that Jesus never wrote any of his teaching down, and as many have said before me ( on this thread) most of the people that wrote the new testement never met him. Plus the fact that the bible as it stands now is by no means complete even though it looks like it is. That is why there are so many apocrapha books around. So alough I voted paul in the poll I think perhaps the true creator of christianity was Constantine the great as he was the one that order the fist council of Nicea to decide which books go and which books stay.

hana*

welcome to islam ommtalel, the greatest gift ever given. subhanAllah, its so amazing to see all these multitudes of people becoming muslim. Allah did promise that He would make islam triumphant over all religions alhamdulilah. i watched a tv prog with governmental stats saying in holland, 6 people PER DAY become muslim and in germany 3 people PER DAY. thats so amazing, but ofcourse we shouldnt be suprised as they are coming to the truth.

anyway it was definately paul, who was originally saul, a jew and enemy of jesus who claimed that he saw jesus in a dream then began the whole trinity concept.