Need help: Algerian foods?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

I am getting marriage with brother from Algeria this summer insh´Allah and I would like to know some simple to make foods which are typical in Algeria. Could somebody advice me with some recipes?

Thanks.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
As-salamu Alaikum sister,

I do not know any Algerian recipes but I did want to say congratulations on your engagement!:hearts:

Was-salam Amirah

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah

I am getting marriage with brother from Algeria this summer insh´Allah and I would like to know some simple to make foods which are typical in Algeria. Could somebody advice me with some recipes?

Thanks.

wa alaykumu salam wa rahmatullah

May Allah make your marriage a beautiful one and grant you happiness in duniya and akheerah

i know a few sisters who have lots of algerian recipes. What kind of recipes would you like inshaAllah?
Please do let me know, those sisters speak french but it will be a pleasure to translate the recipes for you inshaAllah :)

Take care
wa salamu alaykum

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I am looking for any kind of recipes. My fiancee is planning to move to my country and I think it would nice to him if I could make food he is used to eat in his country.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

here is one of my favourite :D

Lamb with artichoke and sweet peas

Ingredients:

* 1 kg of lamb meat

* 1 onion, minced

* 1 kg of artichoke

* 1 kg of green peas

* 1 Teaspoon of ginger

* 1 pinch of saffron

* 1 clove of garlic

* 3 Tablespoons of olive oil

* 1 Preserved lemon

* Salt and pepper

Preparation:

Make a mixture of 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ginger, saffron, and garlic. bathe the meat pieces into the mixture until all sides are oiled.

Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the center of the pan and place the meat pieces on top of it. Add the onion.

Clean the artichoke, take out the leaves and the core and only use the heart. Skin your preserved lemon and cut in 1/8ths.

Place artichokes on top of the meat and top it with pieces of preserved lemon skin. Add 4 tablespoons of water. Add salt and pepper.

Place on gas stove top on low heat and check it every 30 minutes. Check for tenderness of artichokes. Add water by the table spoon as needed. Then add the green peas and cook for 20 more minutes.