NEED URGENT HELP

revert2007

Love Fishing
assalamualikum everyone

tomorrow insyaAllah my husband's relatives from Lebanon are coming to visit us.their first child who is 3 years old now have problem.he doesnt wanna eat,he doesnt wanna talk and he acts as a new born baby since his bother recenlty gave birth to another child.he wants to be breast fed and eat baby food.my mother in law just asked her neighbour to bring a syeikh to read quran for him.but i would like to play my part in helping them.could anyone of u plz tell me what my family and i can do to solve this problem.the boy was extremely pamppered and now he is left alone without attention since the new baby come.plz give ur suggestions.do u know anyone from Al-azhar who can help?i am in cairo

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i cant say anything in this issue. i can only pray for that child.

maybe the child was over-pampered or maybe brain is underdeveloped. why not check him from a doctor?

may Allah help ur family.

musliminah 05

:salam2: sister
It is quite natural that when another child comes along the eldest one might feel a little jealous. That is because there is someone else getting all the attention and fuss been made over the baby. There is nothing adnormal about the child behaving like he wants to be a baby again. He see the baby doing this and he is copying as he sees this might get him the centre of attention. I advise you to spend some individual time with him maybe doing drawing playing a game, going to park, a walk, some baking. It sounds to me that this is all the boy wants Inshallah. Just some individual time, the parents must make time for him. Get him to help getting the babys nappies helping put the clothes on ect letting him join in. I am sure Inshallah if you and the parents do this then there shouldnt be any problems Inshallah. May Allah guide you and your family. It sounds to me he is a very lucky boy to have someone like you that cares and worries about him, I am sure you will be fine Inshallah.
:wasalam::tti_sister:

UmmHadiqah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh Ukhti,

I agree with Sister Musliminah05 when she says his reaction is quite natural and shouldn't cause any future problems InshaAllah. I also suggest spending some alone time with him, and even getting him into the role of big brother by helping you with the new baby InshaAllah. MashaAllah, having children is truly a blessing from Allah Subhana wa ta'ala, so may He guide you and keep you in Peace. Ameen

revert2007

Love Fishing
thank u so much for u reply.even thats what i found in the internet but this boy is rather behaving like a retarded boy.so am afraid his brain is affected because of the shock.insyaAllah things will be fine.the parents took him to doctor yesterday

UmmHadiqah

InshaAllah, the Dr will say that this is normal, and in time the boy will grow out of his jealousy. What you describe as "retarded" is probably actually Regression...in that, he is going backwards in development, because he craves attention. It should pass soon InshaAllah.

OmAabid

It is normal but on the extreme end. Let MOM take him ALONE to do something he likes and spend a few hours with him only--it should really help!