telling my family im a muslim

erica5127

hello,
my name is erica, i have not said my shahada yet, but i want to,
my delay is telling my family, i want them to be a part of it, but they are christains. any ideas on telling them? i dont want to wait to do my shahada too long, as we dont know how much time we have left on earth.

kiki18

hi sister!! what a coincidence!! my name is also erika :D
i took shahadah a year ago and hid it from my parents for a very long time. on easter i left them a letter as i was leaving to school and of course they were shocked but alhamdulillah they have been respectful of my decision. you'll be ok sister :D just pray a lot for it :)

erica5127

thank you for the support,
im in a hard place, because im sure i want to be muslim, but i have never had the chance to go to mosque or pray traditionally, im nervous that the people at the mosque will judge me, do you attend juma or anything?

kiki18

i ahve not attended a juma prayer or to a mosque. i pray at home. and i don't think people at a mosque will judge you, i'm sure they will be very happy to have you. i said my shahadah with a friend as a witness at my house :).

hassana elkoussi

MashaAllah sister, this is great news. Welcome to Islam and to the site. :SMILY206: I advise you to take your shahada asap - as long as you've already made the decision- since, like u said, nobody knows how much time is left for us on earth. Then you can choose the right moment to tell your family. :tti_sister:May Alah make things easy for you.

Salam:hearts:

erica5127

the only person i have told is a muslim friend, she wants me to go to mosque and say my shahada, but im not sure. i wont be able to attend regular juma anyway, and id rather do it in front of people i know, but she says i should have an imam.

bari

Subhan Allah

Sisters,

I feel so ashamed of me (born in a muslim family) by seeing you embrace the truth. My Allah make my slate as clean as yours. Welcome sisters.

ShyHijabi

the only person i have told is a muslim friend, she wants me to go to mosque and say my shahada, but im not sure. i wont be able to attend regular juma anyway, and id rather do it in front of people i know, but she says i should have an imam.

Salaam,

You do not have to take shahada in front of an imam, you can take it in front of any two, adult Muslims of sound mind. However and imam would be very helpful in guiding you as you develope as a new Muslim. As a female you are not required to go to Juma or even the mosque, females are rewarded equally for praying at home as in the mosque.

I converted almost three years ago, alhumdulillah, and my family did not take to it well. How old are you? Do you still live with them? This can be complex and difficult as many families reject their convert chilren, but the rewards are HUGE in the afterlife for every struggle. This board is helpful in guiding you but also look to your local mosque for connections and support.

Wasalaam

icadams

As-Salāmu Alaykum Sister,

It sounds as if you have already made the decision to become a Muslim. Do not delay in saying the Shahadah. You can pick and choose when to tell your family, but your first responsibility is to obey Allah. Just find a couple of Muslim friends and recite it with them. You do not need an Imam, you do not need to do it in a masjid, you really do not need anyone to say it and become a Muslim but I think that it helps to develop a sense of belonging when your brothers and sisters can be witnessess.

erica5127

Thank you all for the advise, I'm just 15 years old, so yes I live with my family, and although there may be some struggle, I know they will still love me and keep me in their home untill I'm ready to leave. I am so excited and glad to have found Allah!! You all will be rewarded for helping me accept Allah as my God and Muhammad as his messenger (pbuh).

shasha

Muslimah
hello,
my delay is telling my family, i want them to be a part of it, but they are christains. any ideas on telling them? i dont want to wait to do my shahada too long, as we dont know how much time we have left on earth.

Asalaam alaykum sister erica. :hijabi:

I converted from Catholicism to Islam less than 3 months ago. I can definitely say that my conversion to Islam is the most important milestone in my life and I will never regret doing it. I am happy to hear that you are considering doing Shahada.

I was in the same position as you weeks before I converted. I couldn't contain my passion for Islam and I couldn't wait to do my Shahada, but, I knew my family wouldn't take it lightly. So, I had to do everything in secret. What I did was I searched for the nearest mosque from my place and I called them. I talked to the Imam and told him that I was interested in converting and that I wanted to visit the mosque to talk to him about it. I felt kinda shy going there by myself at first, just like you, so I brought a friend with me. The Imam gave me my first ever Qur'an and some booklets about Islam. He told me to come back anytime if I had more questions. After a couple of days, I went back to the mosque and did my Shahada. :)

I understand how you feel that you want your family to be a part of this wonderful transition in your life, but, you have to consider the fact that they might not be able to accept your decision right away. After I did my Shahada, I slowly showed changes in me to my family and started to tell them about my conversion. As expected, they disagreed at first. Now, after almost 3 months, they are starting to adjust to having a Muslim in the family. Alhamdulilah, everything is going well. InshAllah your experience will be the same as mine or even better. Allah subhana wa taala will make things easy for you as long as you have sincerely good intentions. :hearts:

Almeftah

hello,

Depend on Allah Subhanah, Say your Shahada, and tell your family, And Allah shall aid you and make it easy for you.

"Fear not the creatures, But fear the Creator."

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalamu Alaikom sister , Now you Are my Real sister and I love you as one of my sisters :)
Welcome to our religion , honey . Im very glad to hear that . but you have to know as you suffer as your Hasanat increase . For eg you have the early Muslims companions they suffer VERY much But Allah didnt leave them alone they felt happiness with thier suffering coz they know that they are on the true path and The Paradise Wait For Them .

So , you've to be blave and have lots of courage .. let this thing in secret and when you see it's the time to let ur family know , you can tell them :)

If u need any help I'll be happy to do that , I'm Fatima from KSA .. I'm 17 years old :)

May Allah bless you honey :)

aaiwang

erica5127 said:
hello,
Welcome home my Sister @erica5127,, your choice to convert to Islam is great!!! You are still young and still learn the Thruth, I suggest you to join Moslem community (Ta'lim/Studying Islam religion),, and of course pray to Allah in daily your life. Allah bless you and insha-Allah your family too! :)
shasha said:
I converted from Catholicism to Islam less than 3 months ago...
Alhamdulillah,,Allahu Akbar! Allah is Great. Welcome home my beloved Sister! May Allah bless you in Iman/Islam!!

Dear My Sister @erica5127 and @shasha, I found this site, information from our sister from Australia, She's name Kimberley (in Islam is Kamilah), check this site : www_kimdonesia_com !! :)

mohammed nasser

I want to tell you once your heart believes in Islam , you are then a muslim
This is so clear.
you can attend Juma or not , it is up to you
Do not be over care about being judged by another people and know that we , muslims , are not angels and some muslims of course critisize negatively so do not mind , avoid extremists , i can suggest you a foundation called radical middle way , you can found it via google and they propose very moderate and right islamic teachings
Hoping you more bless

UmmHadiqah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh sister. Welcome.

I am a new revert, and am young at 21. Right now I am the only Muslim (that I know of) in my family. I had an aunt who was Muslim, but then converted to Christianity. The family was okay with her, although she has quite a strong personality when it comes to dealing with off-colour remarks and things. My family thinks, for the most part, it's a phase and will pass. I haven't actually sat everyone down and told them...but they know. After some more prayers, I plan on doing a big family sit-down (and calling some others) and just telling them instead of saying, "It's obvious."...I always had my hair wrapped and dressed modestly, even as a Christian, so I'm afraid some may not know, and I think it's important, because Islam is so important to me.

I have a feeling that it will feel like a big rock lifted off the shoulders once you tell your family. I won't say it will be the easiest thing you do, and your family's acceptance may feel like a rollar-coaster ride...but pray and keep Iman. I make duaa for you that Allah Subhana wa ta'ala provide clear guidance and peaceful refuge. Ameen.

Fi Aman Allah

fada_all

Thank you all for the advise, I'm just 15 years old, so yes I live with my family, and although there may be some struggle, I know they will still love me and keep me in their home untill I'm ready to leave. I am so excited and glad to have found Allah!! You all will be rewarded for helping me accept Allah as my God and Muhammad as his messenger (pbuh).

salam alikum wa rahmatu allah,

good masha allah:ma: just step on the right way and allah will pave you the way , don't worry allahswt oversees eeverything ,

may allah guide you tp the right path ameennnnnnnnnnnnn:SMILY209:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
My sister Erica

I wanna reply ur message but ur box is ful , so that please delete at least one message to recieve mine :)

zainali

assalamualikum
sister first of all i would like to wish and welcome in this religion called islam , i feel so proud that u are doing a really nice thing , i would like to say one thing that if ur heart says that ur ready then go for it , or else do one thing , get up in middle of nite and just ask the creator to help u . inshallah u'll be in a position to make a decision .

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Peace be with you my sweeet sister:D:D:D

I must say, I am glad to know you wanna be a Muslim:D AlhamduliAllah, it's the greates MOST amaazing gift in LIFE! like others said, going to the Masjid(Mosque) is good and beneficial for you BUT you can certainly do your Shahada with just friends you feel comfortable with:D inshaAllah, I will keeep you in my suplications and ask Allah to ease your affairs, tell your parents when ever you are ready:D inshaAllah, with Allah's help it'll go ok:D
welcome home and welcome to Islam......:D:D:D:D:D
Allah protect you NOW and alwaaaaaayyys:D