adam

uk brother

salam, a quick question from a athiest.
adam and eve were first two people on this earth. they had children and the population grew. the question is when their children came of age to get married did they commit incest to continue the growth of population

Living Soul

:salam2:

Adam and Eve had twin children. For instance boy and girl in one pregnancy and then again the twins.

When Prophet Adam (A.S) children grew old to get married, the boy of one twin got married to the girl of another twin.

It was prohibited for them to get married with the girl/boy with whom he/she got birth.

The twins could not marry each other but with another twins.

Allah SWT made it lawful for them for increasing the humanity. But when the humanity grew in number then it became unlawful to marry the person having same parents and blood. The list of such people is given in Quran.

I can not provide you the proof at this moment but I read it in Tafseer Al Quran. and also if you read the reason of First Murder on Earth you will also learn abt it.

:wasalam:

hana*

salam, a quick question from a athiest.
adam and eve were first two people on this earth. they had children and the population grew. the question is when their children came of age to get married did they commit incest to continue the growth of population

i hate when they ask that, obviously what else could they have done, when the population on earth was 6 people! i think these people ask the above question as mockery only!

arzafar

Intermarrying among Adam and Eve's children

Question
Asalam Alaikum?
I have no doubt whatsoever, but these kind a things come to mind. Whem Adam and Eve bore children, I assume their children got married among themselves. Isn’t marrying between brothers and sisters haram in the Quran?
Can you recommend a good book(s) on Islamic Law covering every and each aspect of Life? Thank you very much for the generous work for the sake of Allah.
Thanks.

Answer
wa alaikum us-salaam wa-rahmat ullaahi wa-barakaatuh

All Praise be to Allaah.

As long as you are confident in your heart about your belief, no such insinuations will hurt you (inshaa' Allaah). If a doubt strikes a believer or something appears to him as a conflict between different textual sources of Shari'ah, he must believe that indeed for such doubts there are true answers and for such apparent conflicts there are solutions even if he doesn’t know it or is unable to find the right answer himself. However, a person should not collect all the doubts in his heart and worry about the complexities and leave aside the learning of useful knowledge. This is because it is incumbent upon a Muslim to learn and know things which have been clearly described (Muhkamaat) in Shari'ah so that he may be able to repel the doubts.

Regarding the question you have asked, it is a known fact that legislation differs from one Shari'ah to another, while the principles and beliefs remain the same in all of them. So, making of portraits was allowed in the Shari'ah of Sulayman (peace be upon him) but is prohibited in our Shari'ah. Similarly, making prostration of salutation was permitted in the Shari'ah of Yusuf (peace be upon him) but is illegal in ours. Also, war booty was prohibited for nations before us but it is completely legal for us. The Qiblah of people before us used to be towards Bayt Al-Maqdis, but for us it is towards Ka'bah. In a similar way, marriage between brothers and sisters was permitted in the Shari'ah of Adam (peace be upon him) as opposed to those that came afterwards. The following is a clarification on the issue by Haafidh Ibn Katheer, who said:

Allaah allowed Adam (peace be upon him) to marry his daughters to his sons for necessity. Every couple used to have a boy and a girl. Hence, he married the girl of one couple to the boy of another. This is said by Suddi regarding what has been narrated by Abu Maalik and Abu Salih, from Ibn ‘Abbas, by Murrah from Ibn Mas‘ood and by other companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) that Adam did not have (in his grandchildren) a baby boy unless it was accompanied by a girl, so he married the male of a couple to the female of another, and the female of a couple to the male of another

uk brother

incest

salaam, i will be heading back to work on tuesday.thank for ll replies.
so prophet adams pbuh children from twins married each other.so it was incest then after a few generation their first cousins etc!

his response wil be, if god is so powerful why couldnt he have created another individual so adam and eve pbu them wouldnt have to commit incest.
nowadays incest is looked as inhuman and disgusting.from what im reading there doesnt seem to be any strong hadeeths regarding this.

The_truth

salaam, i will be heading back to work on tuesday.thank for ll replies.
so prophet adams pbuh children from twins married each other.so it was incest then after a few generation their first cousins etc!

his response wil be, if god is so powerful why couldnt he have created another individual so adam and eve pbu them wouldnt have to commit incest.
nowadays incest is looked as inhuman and disgusting.from what im reading there doesnt seem to be any strong hadeeths regarding this.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Incest is looked at this way in our times because there are billions of people on earth but in those times there were only a few people so it was the natural thing to do. We cannot percieve what it would have been like in those days just like in those days those people could not have percieved what it would be like in the future.

In the past homosexuality was also seen as the most hated and unnatural thing but nowadays it is becoming 'normal' and 'accepted'.

Brother you don't have to prove nothing to these people. Give them dawah in the best way you can in a beautiful and gentle manner and then leave it to Allah. We are only informers but Allah is the ONLY one who can give guidance so do not concern yourself with whatever these people have to see because you have done your part now just leave it to Allah and make dua that Allah guides them to the truth.

and Allah knows best