please switchoff your mobile phone

hana*

my brother has seen people speaking on their mobiles whilst doing Tawaf around the Ka'abah!

for some people the phone has a priority over Allah, astaghfirullah.

DanyalSAC

my brother has seen people speaking on their mobiles whilst doing Tawaf around the Ka'abah!

for some people the phone has a priority over Allah, astaghfirullah.

Seriously? Yikes!

I can just picture it:

"Gurrrrl you would not believe where I am now! Huh? No, guess! Guess! Gurrl I am in Mecca! I am circum...what? No, MECCA! I am cirum..ciiirrrrcumambulating the Ka'abah! Seriously! Listen...! <holds phone up> I am soo getting my sins forgiven, check it out! Oh I gotta go, these guys are giving me the dirtiest looks....'k bye!"

(if my attempt at humor offends anyone, that wasn't my intent and I apologize!)

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Seriously? Yikes!

I can just picture it:

"Gurrrrl you would not believe where I am now! Huh? No, guess! Guess! Gurrl I am in Mecca! I am circum...what? No, MECCA! I am cirum..ciiirrrrcumambulating the Ka'abah! Seriously! Listen...! <holds phone up> I am soo getting my sins forgiven, check it out! Oh I gotta go, these guys are giving me the dirtiest looks....'k bye!"

(if my attempt at humor offends anyone, that wasn't my intent and I apologize!)

Haha! No in fact spot on! (matches my experience at least) ....

Someone I know who performed Umrah two years ago (May Allah accept it from them), actually rang me while 'they' stood infront of the Kabah, or at least 'they' said 'they' had a very good view of it. And 'they' explained how serene it was, how much 'they' cried, the amount of voluntary prayers and what not. A year later when my sister went, she was like, how on earth did 'they' take out 'their' phone, or even dare to take it in with 'them', after having been there and experienced the atmosphere and all. It was a laugh afterwards.

You do find exceptionally hooked people.

mudassar786

Salam...
It doesn't work?
in our masjid we use another thing...it is a machine wich desables the mobiles network in here it costs 177 us dollar.it can desables 400 m² of the masjid a brother brings it to the masjid as a charity...and it works good

:salam2:

Thats a very good idea! I would love for our masjid to purchase and install one of these! LoL

Unfortuntely its illegal to use such devices in the UK.:(

:wasalam: