Alhamdulillah

Talat

:salam2::ma:
Alhamdulillah for taking your shahadah , mashaallah you are an inspiration to muslims and non-muslims who are searching for the truth. the story of your home coming after Vietnam brought tears to my eyes and I am happy that you have find your home and your path. Congratulation and may Allah bless you.:tti_sister:

cookiedough-123

salam alikum new brother

ALLAHU AKBAR u came to islam ; its as easy as 123 hehe. just having the push to do it is enough and u feel like what is the worry for in the begginin . it made me happy to here u had the same experience as me when i took mine i had a shower and felt good as new i cant explain it but im sure u understand me its incredible.

may ALLAH make ur salah easy for u and try not to rush. ALLAH knows best what u do and ur intention . islam is a way of life. and we must make mistakes to become better . thats based on my experience soo keep strong and keep ur trust in ALLAH swt .

i hope u have good brothers around to keep u on the right path surely we all deserve that

:tti_sister:

palestine

Servant of Allah
AllahuAkbar!!! MashaAllah! I'm very happy for you my brother. May Allah swt assist you and guide you in all that you do. I'm very touched by your story. Wasalamu Alaikum.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
SubhnaAllah wa Alhamdulilah waAllahu Akbar !!!

Sooooo Happy to hear about your visit to the mosque and your first experiance there.

May I ask which city you live in and how far is that Masjid from your home?

Once again Congratulations dear brother Frank.

:wasalam:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I hope I am not missing any questions; and, min fudlak/fudlik forgive me if I did.

One interesting thing that has occurred since taking Shahada is that I realize how disrespectful my prayers use to be prior to Shahada. I would ask Allah to help me do this or change that in me. I was unintentionally making Allah a helper. Now I ask him to make me... I also try to stay focused during Salah and not allow my mind to drift even for a second.

I live in PA. The Mosque is about an hour or so from where I live. I realized I didn't answer your question exactly; however, even though this is a place of love and support. It is still the internet and what is posted on the net is available for all the connected world to see.

Another thing of which I am becoming more aware is how difficult it is to not end a sentence with a preposition. And, also, how easy it is to lose humility.
The one brother told a joke tonight. He said, a Muslim was doing Salah and two brothers began to talk about how excellent his praying was and how deep his "spirituality was. The Muslim praying turned and said, "And, I am also fasting."

I would rather please Allah than myself or others. It is so easy to be "so heavenly minded that I am no earthly good." If I am not a benefit to those around me, then I am not of any value.

As Always, Insha Allah.

mabera

Alhammdu lilLah

Thanks to Allah for blessing you with His Best and biggest favour ( Islam), May He continue to guide you and all of us Ameen.

hana*

you are a true inspiration Frank and it must have been an indescribable experience to pray properly for the first time and take shahadah in the Masjid.

a warm welcome to your extended family

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
dear brother frank, congratulations on accepting ISLAM, alhamulillah.
this is the best and precious thing on this earth which you received.
may Allah swt help us all and give hadaya to all the humanity, ameen.
wasalam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!!!!!ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!!ALLAHAKBUR!!!!!SOBHANALLAH.......

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:
:ma:brother:D...it's such a gr8 news:D....you are now our brother in faith:D:D:D:D:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
:jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap:
!!!!!!!!!:)MABROOK BROTHER:)!!!!!!!!!!

As Salamu 'Alaykum,

The brother and sister who drove me to the Mosque tonight shared these Ayat with me:

سُوۡرَةُ لقمَان
لِلَّهِ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ*!ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ هُوَ ٱلۡغَنِىُّ ٱلۡحَمِيدُ (٢٦) وَلَوۡ أَنَّمَا فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ مِن شَجَرَةٍ أَقۡلَـٰمٌ۬ وَٱلۡبَحۡرُ يَمُدُّهُ ۥ مِنۢ بَعۡدِهِۦ سَبۡعَةُ أَبۡحُرٍ۬ مَّا نَفِدَتۡ كَلِمَـٰتُ ٱللَّهِ*!ۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ۬ (٢٧)

Luqman
Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Lo! Allah, He is the Absolute, the Owner of Praise. (26) And if all the trees in the earth were pens, and the sea, with seven more seas to help it, (were ink), the words of Allah could not be exhausted. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise. (27)

that's so true:).......

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

It truely was a blessing. And, it is a trial living up to the Truth that I have learned. It is like a spot light is shinning on my every fault and as if every Surah I read and every time there is a discussion by knowledgeable person of hadith either read or heard, I am reminded of how much I need to practice Nahi Anel Munker. (I hope I am using that correctly.) Yesterday the hadith discussion was on sincerity in religion. The teacher (I am not sure of the term) used a term that to my western ears sounded like Allah "Panel." Because Arabic doesn't have a "P" sound, I tried several possible alternative to the last word. Anel was the only Arabic Word that I could find and it was used in the above phrase which I understand to mean command the right and reject the evil.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

MashaAllah.

Frank, let me be quite frank..it is nice to have someone in the same life space range on this website. I am not calling you old but wise. Sorry about the pun..i teach high school and am about crazy coming home to teenagers.

weakslave

As Salamu 'Alykum,

Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

Although I had done Shahada both alone and online, tonight I was able to do Shahada at a Mosque! Tonight I did my first Wadu in a Mosque! Tonight I participate in group prayer for the first time! Tonight, Alhamdullilah, Insha Allah, I have made many Muslim friends as well as found my family! Subhan'Allah!

MashaAllaah, congrats. One step of many inshaAllaah :)

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
I am currently writing a book entitled

WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PAST

Until discovering the joy of Islam, I would say to people if only that space of time between being a "wantabe" and a 'hasbeen" was longer. I remember my youth and what it was like wanting to be someone and since my injuries, I had been feeling like a has been this, that, or the other. Now, I am a MUSLIM. I am proud to say that I am now a member of the most humble people one earth and we pray five times a day and fast too.

Seriously, anyone who sincerely search Al Qur'an will realize what a miracle it is.

DataZak

The one brother told a joke tonight. He said, a Muslim was doing Salah and two brothers began to talk about how excellent his praying was and how deep his "spirituality was. The Muslim praying turned and said, "And, I am also fasting."

Hah! I'm so gonna tell this joke to my friends. Can I borrow it, Mr. Smith?

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

It truely was a blessing. And, it is a trial living up to the Truth that I have learned. It is like a spot light is shinning on my every fault and as if every Surah I read and every time there is a discussion by knowledgeable person of hadith either read or heard, I am reminded of how much I need to practice Nahi Anel Munker. (I hope I am using that correctly.) Yesterday the hadith discussion was on sincerity in religion. The teacher (I am not sure of the term) used a term that to my western ears sounded like Allah "Panel." Because Arabic doesn't have a "P" sound, I tried several possible alternative to the last word. Anel was the only Arabic Word that I could find and it was used in the above phrase which I understand to mean command the right and reject the evil.

This is embarrassing. It wasn't Anel it was Subhan Alla.

Please feel free to use anything that I say which is not incorrect. It wasn't my joke anyway. I just heard it. I always thought that jokes were in the public domain as long as you were using them in a comedy routine for which you were getting paid or praised.

Very little of what I think, say, or write is completely original. Most of what I share are things I learned from others (hopefully, authentic sources when related to Islam).

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Ma sha'a Allah !! Happy news I'm really happy for you my brother
I hope your Moslims friends are really good friends .

وفقك الله
May Allah bless you :)

4mMadara2Amina

...Salam alykom Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu....

May Allah bless you my brother in Islam. Ameen.
I am very, very happy for you.

Your sister,
Amina.

arachan

As Salamu 'Alykum,

Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

Although I had done Shahada both alone and online, tonight I was able to do Shahada at a Mosque! Tonight I did my first Wadu in a Mosque! Tonight I participate in group prayer for the first time! Tonight, Alhamdullilah, Insha Allah, I have made many Muslim friends as well as found my family! Subhan'Allah!

:salam2: al:subhanallah: akhi... alhamdulillah.... syahadah is the most important, the first step to be a mukmin.. :)

hope we all be a good mukmin... InsyaAllah... :)

thanks for sharing... :)

:wasalam: