Minerals and trillions

arzafar

the US are being handed their asses rite now in Afghanistan. They have lost the war and basically want to save face aka exit strategy.

Mark my words!
The US and NATO forces will be running for their lives in the next 18-24 months. The brits know this (in the heyday of the british empire they have lost in Afghanistan twice) and want to get themselves out this mess.

1. US economy is down
2. hostile conditions
3. hostile local population
4. brilliant gorilla fighting from Taliban
5. Supply line from Pakistan becoming ever so insecure.
6. morale of the troops is down after fighting for nearly 9 years without victory in sight.

if i were the US i would like to sort no 5 out asap.
fuel, food and booze for the international troops goes via Pakistan. This route is no longer safe. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37587567/

im worried about how things will pan out once the US leaves. Afghanistan borders iran, china and Pakistan. Moreover, India has invested heavily in Afghanistan in the last 5-7 years. Surely every country will want a piece of the promised land. The growing anti-western public sentiment is at an all time high and is rising at ever increasing rate. Public have lost faith in the current and past rulers. poverty, unemployment, social chaos are at all time high too. The govt is worried about saving their president, are corrupt and basically incapable puppets. The possibility exists that Taliban may eventually fill in this vacuum and takeover Islamabad once they've rid Afghanistan of foreigners in a few years time.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, if I am not mistaken no one was able to conquer Afghanistan. Even the Greek had to stop.

I have read somewhere that there is a movement out of Afghanistan. It is the one that has been written about. I will sit and watch for this to be in my lifetime.

arzafar

Assalaam walaikum,

1. Brother, if I am not mistaken no one was able to conquer Afghanistan. Even the Greek had to stop.

2. I have read somewhere that there is a movement out of Afghanistan. It is the one that has been written about. I will sit and watch for this to be in my lifetime.

1. actually this statement is not entirely accurate. many foreigners have conquered/captured Afghanistan before; NONE have been able to keep it for any appreciable length of time.

2. I dont know about any movement. History tells us that Afghanistan is the key to the subcontinent. Almost all conquerers to india came via kabul, passed through attock, then to lahore, onto amritsar and finally Delhi. There was a time in the past when a road linked these cities. British had the subcontinent but could not get Afghanistan so they invented the Durand line.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, In essence I was correct. The Afghani have never been conquered. They may have been occupied.

Now, please be so kind as to educate me on the Durand line. In all honesty, I would greatly appreciate learning.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,
Now, please be so kind as to educate me on the Durand line. In all honesty, I would greatly appreciate learning.

From my basic understanding, the Durand Line as it currently stands is the border between modern day Afganistan and Pakistan. The Durand Line Agreement was signed in 1893 between what was then British Controlled India and Afganistan, Henry Mortimer Durand from the British side, Abdul Rahman Khan from the Afghan side. It made the North West Frontier Province a part of Pakistan, not Afghanistan. People in the NWFP speak Pahsto and they are more Afghani than Pakistani. If you ever go there, it feels like long lost part of Afghanistan or something.

I can see why if the British couldn't get control of Afghanistan the way they wanted to at the time, they agreed to controlling a large section of it through this agreement. British imperialistic behaviour patterns are easy to recognise and even predictable sometimes!

This could explain why Pakistan faces problems from Pashtun areas it controls, they've been pushing for independence.

Edit: Apparently ..there is no tension from the pashtun areas. Someone I was dicussing this with since I made this post said to me that they're quite happy being part of Pakistan.

Wa-alaikum salaam

arzafar

From my basic understanding, the Durand Line as it currently stands is the border between modern day Afganistan and Pakistan. The Durand Line Agreement was signed in 1893 between what was then British Controlled India and Afganistan, Henry Mortimer Durand from the British side, Abdul Rahman Khan from the Afghan side. It made the North West Frontier Province a part of Pakistan, not Afghanistan. People in the NWFP speak Pahsto and they are more Afghani than Pakistani. If you ever go there, it feels like long lost part of Afghanistan or something.

I can see why if the British couldn't get control of Afghanistan the way they wanted to at the time, they agreed to controlling a large section of it through this agreement. British imperialistic behaviour patterns are easy to recognise and even predictable sometimes!

This could explain why Pakistan faces problems from Pashtun areas it controls, they've been pushing for independence.

Wa-alaikum salaam

yes that's basically it except that Durand line exits on paper only. The nwfp acted as a buffer against Afghanistan for the British raj in india.

On the ground people cross ever from Pakistan into Afghanistan and vice-versa. there are families/tribes that are divided by the border. Goods, guns and narcotics are smuggled through the border. It is virtually impossible to contain due to the difficult terrain.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you for the explanations. The colonists did the same thing in all the continents they spread their filth upon.
I just pray that the Muslims are protected. I watch movies about terraforming on alien planets and here I am watching in real life the need to destroy a people for minerals.
It seems whereever there is Muslim blood there are blessings from Allah; and the servants of the shytans keeping chasing it.

walaikum assalaam

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I wonder how much of this money will go to Afghanis and how much will go to corrupt buisness and bank owners.

I don't think the average person in the US will benefit. The same high placed officials that lead these wars are also screwing over their own people (eg, Goldman Sachs) and so on. That $750 billion bailout just took money from the average person and was given to the rich.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The people will see nada. The moneywhores and their whores will eat it all up. When is enough? It is up to the American people to wake up. I am reading more and more articles on the wake-up America we have been totally screwed..but the voices of dissent are alternative news media. The average American is happy watching Dance your Ass Off. They still have not understood there was no banking crisis. There was no crisis. The moneywhores ( Zionists and their whores ) wanted more blood. There was no such thing as global warming.

Forgive me for being blunt. I am tired of stupidity.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
There was no such thing as global warming.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Wish you in the best of health and imaan always inshaAllaah.

Did you meant the above sentence literally or metaphorically? Because once in class, we watched a movie (I forgot the title) about the effects of the global and it is true that such thing is happening. Just that we are unaware of it. Its been happening since years years ago and in a few years to come, our earth can get worse. The weathers are becoming extraordinary-too-hot at some point in some places.

InshaAllaah will try to look for the movie.

Wassalam.

rayray

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Wish you in the best of health and imaan always inshaAllaah.

Did you meant the above sentence literally or metaphorically? Because once in class, we watched a movie (I forgot the title) about the effects of the global and it is true that such thing is happening. Just that we are unaware of it. Its been happening since years years ago and in a few years to come, our earth can get worse. The weathers are becoming extraordinary-too-hot at some point in some places.

InshaAllaah will try to look for the movie.

Wassalam.

"An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore

http://www.algore.com/

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The movie was just that a movie. The entire global warming crisis was to elicit taxes. There has been much written on the fiasco. There have been many you-tube videos to discredit the fathers of global warming. There is pleanty of information from the real scientific community on the fact that the natural cycle of Earth is turning to a cooling trend. If you read the data on snowfall averages around the world..we had the coolest winter in decades.
I find information on whatreallyhappend.com and rense.com to be useful. Check out the sites and do some searches. It is amazing.

Anyhow, I need to work on my resume and get a job. Lesson to the youngsters..do not waste time. I am enjoying myself right now..I need motivation to work on the resume. I had it saved about three computers ago. At my age I have to consolidate a tome into three to five pages. And I would rather do anything else. I am so lazy I am praying for rain so I do not have to mow the lawn.

rayray

Assalaam walaikum,

The movie was just that a movie. The entire global warming crisis was to elicit taxes. There has been much written on the fiasco. There have been many you-tube videos to discredit the fathers of global warming. There is pleanty of information from the real scientific community on the fact that the natural cycle of Earth is turning to a cooling trend. If you read the data on snowfall averages around the world..we had the coolest winter in decades.
I find information on whatreallyhappend.com and rense.com to be useful. Check out the sites and do some searches. It is amazing.

Anyhow, I need to work on my resume and get a job. Lesson to the youngsters..do not waste time. I am enjoying myself right now..I need motivation to work on the resume. I had it saved about three computers ago. At my age I have to consolidate a tome into three to five pages. And I would rather do anything else. I am so lazy I am praying for rain so I do not have to mow the lawn.

I have heard that as well... still, I think that it's a good video in waking people up to how their decisions have real environmental impacts. And also, it pressure institutions to find alternative, more efficient ways to produce goods. Waste is just inefficient design.....

Whether global warming is just farce, other consequences caused by this drone of economic activity- air pollution, waste problem, are real. And affects people's standard of living, especially those that directly depend on the environment for livelihood- fishermen, indigenous tribes and etc.

Speaking of "money whores", as you put it some businessmen are capitalizing on this green trend via carbon trading scheme.

The video of Annie Leonnard. http://www.storyofstuff.com/capandtrade/ explains.

She was the one who produced "The History of Stuff" :) and I quote from her website.

-----> "a 20-minute web-film that explores the often hidden environmental and social consequences of America’s love affair with its stuff. Currently, the film has been viewed over 10 million times on-line and in thousands of schools, houses of worship, community centers and businesses around the world. Our Project’s focus is on systems of production and consumption—in particular the harmful environmental and social impacts of current modes of producing, consuming and disposing of material goods. Our Project is systems-focused, solutions-oriented and change-driven."

arzafar

Nowadays it's hard to convince anyone about what is fact and fallacy. I guess you have to trust me when i say that global warming is a fact and industrial revolution is one of the main reasons for it. Since the industrial revolution we have raped the planet and the consequences are there for all to see. (climate changes, rising sea level, pollution, ozone layer damage, desertification, thinning of polar ice etc).

I cant believe that people dont understand this and continue to deny it. I actually think the car and oil companies are behind this campaign. arctic supposedly has large reserves of oil (im not so sure, maybe theyll find gas) and they want a free hand over it. also tar sands and shale oil both are extremely dirty forms of oil and companies dont want consumers to know this.

as far as taxes are concerned, the western system of taxes is unislaamic. the taxes that are to be levied by a govt are very well defined in islaam; Zakaat (wealth tax) being one of them.

in fact the whole western economical model is a farce. i dont knwo who thought it up. any model that is based on the principle of exponential growth will eventually collapse. It's inevitable. actually growth economics is comical sometimes for eg a healthy society is bad for the economy? yes you read it right!

if people are healthy, they wont see the doctor or visit the hospital or buy medicine. people in the health sector will lose jobs. The service sector and the manufacturing sector suffers; overall your GDP growth suffers. you need GDP growth to pay back the interest on borrowings. so basically unhealthy people is good for sustainable growth!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am not the one who stated global warming is a farce. Read up and find out the facts. If you so desire I will give you many references. Mans impact on his environment is insignificant. The Earth is expansive. Find out about big business and its benefits from global warming. I provided two excellent clearing houses for information in a previous reply.

arzafar

forget whatreallyhappened (it's owner is an athiest and advocates reason but oddly enough dismisses big bang as "religion disguised as science"), here is some interesting news

US Afghan commander Stanley McChrystal fired by Obama
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10395402.stm

It seems to me that the interview that Stanley did was intentional. Everyone on the ground knows that the US and NATO are losing the war. Perhaps he wants to save his face. no general wants to lead a losing army and be remembered in history as a loser. Stanley is certainly not that sort of a character. i can see him joining the republicans soon and in the years to come he will no doubt claim that he was right about the war but he was sacked for saying the truth.

btw do they actually show these numbers on cnn/fox/abc/bbc?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100621/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=131682&sectionid=351020403

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I said it was a clearing house...and they are more active in spreding the truth than anything you find on CNN and the whoremongers of Rupert Murdock. FOX et. al. BBCABCNBC.

Who cares about the bedroom fights in the Obama adminstration. Who is going to be stupid enough to take the job. Obama has no power.