Introducing 'The TTI geekSquad'!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Erm. .technically speaking, those wearing glasses, has a high interest on books (i.e: enjoy loitering in bookstores or even sleep there lol), does this make that person *automatically* a nerd/geek?

Oh. .that'll make me one. Hmnn.

But. .I'll sign in later. .when I have made up my mind. =)

Was-saalam.

nadir khan

I cant Join

Hello my freinds, Assalamu alaikum. I am not able to join this group as it is not allowing me to. I am getting an error message indicating i do not have sufficient previlages.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Because you're a new user. Inshaa' Allaah you'll be able to I'm guessing after 40 posts, or when you've been a member long enough.

JenGiove

:salam2:
Geeks could be anyone one who is smart. Not supposedly with computers only

<sigh> I'm a woman....and a geek. I was a Microbiogist and I have some unique sci-fi memorabilia that my husband bought for me.....to all the "Quarks" out there....I've got a 6-pack of Romulan Ale...and yes, it IS blue! lol!

I've written in C <though only once> and spent too many hours that I care to admit in programming chat on yahoo....

Has anyone seen my pocket protecter?

JenGiove

.....to all the "Quarks" out there....I've got a 6-pack of Romulan Ale...and yes, it IS blue! lol!

I learned something last night. My husband pointed out that 'Quarks' are an aerospace/physics term and NOT solely a Star Trek character name....ooops!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I learned something last night. My husband pointed out that 'Quarks' are an aerospace/physics term and NOT solely a Star Trek character name....ooops!

I never knew Quarks were from Star Trek and had to google what Romulan Ale is. I found a Star Trek wiki which was going on as if the stuff is "real"... "Used for medical purposes...", "illegal since 2280" etc... Speaking of which I'm away from home right now and can here it on the TV in another room!

Star Trek is one of those things that people have taken too far. Alhamdulillaah it won't be discussed in the geekSquad. Except, maybe a few inventions of there's that made it to the real world.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Star Trek? Even good, honest Science is at the mercy of never ending exploitation of the entertainment industry. Oh the injustice. I'll shed a bit of light on it from the little I learned so far..

Proton + Neutrons together classified as hadrons and Quarks are the building blocks of hadrons.

A Hadron by definition is any particle that feels what’s known as the Strong Force, (thats just a really strong force acting over a really tiny distance, we’re talking say, the space between a neutron and proton in the nucleus).

I know of 3 types of Quark, the Up, Down and Strange, I think there are more..round about 6 in total. Lol and theres actually a characteristic called 'Strangeness' and they all have a different level of strangeness too. I find that ...cool

A Proton is made up of 2x Up Quarks, 1 x Down Quark
A Neutron is made up of 2X Down Quarks, 1x Up Quark

The charges of the Quarks and a few simple fractions can explain exactly why Protons are positive and Neutrons are neutral! Its really good to see some simple, yet convincing evidence of something which becomes second nature and so widely accepted as the charges of atomic particles.

There are also anti-Quarks..with opposite charges as the Quarks, maybe I’ll change my sig to anti-Quark for a bit when I get bored, lol.

Sorry if this is muddled..its kinda late, but I needed to review this info anyway.

But this is awesome hm? Incredible at how tiny tiny subatomic particles are crucial to the workings of ..everything we know in existence.

فتبارك الله آحسن الخالقين

Wa-alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

JenGiove

Star Trek is one of those things that people have taken too far. Alhamdulillaah it won't be discussed in the geekSquad. Except, maybe a few inventions of there's that made it to the real world.

Actually, you might be surprised at the physics involved in Star Trek. Agreed, The whole "Sci-Fi" realm is a bit over the top (as she looks at her engineers uniform top, miniature Batleth, multiple encyclopedia's and secondary ship scematic books, ST:TNG script, sound effects from :ST:TOS and of course, the Ale.. :) a birthday present from hubby) but I also have a book called "The physics of Star Trek"..I'll have to dig it out sometime. It takes about the mechanics of warp drive and how, if it wasn't for the fact that it would take mountains of lead to shield the matter/anti-matter fields....we COULD, theoretically be "exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new life and new civilizations". Just think...Islam on Alpha Centauri?

Now THAT's going out to the people and presenting the word of Creator.

JenGiove

There are also anti-Quarks..with opposite charges as the Quarks, maybe I’ll change my sig to anti-Quark for a bit when I get bored, lol.

I think you should...maybe you can let me know when you do and I'll take on your opposite...I'll be Quark, you anti-Quark or how about pro-tron, new-tron! lol!

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Star Trek? Even good, honest Science is at the mercy of never ending exploitation of the entertainment industry. Oh the injustice. I'll shed a bit of light on it from the little I learned so far..

Proton + Neutrons together classified as hadrons and Quarks are the building blocks of hadrons.

A Hadron by definition is any particle that feels what’s known as the Strong Force, (thats just a really strong force acting over a really tiny distance, we’re talking say, the space between a neutron and proton in the nucleus).

I know of 3 types of Quark, the Up, Down and Strange, I think there are more..round about 6 in total. Lol and theres actually a characteristic called 'Strangeness' and they all have a different level of strangeness too. I find that ...cool

A Proton is made up of 2x Up Quarks, 1 x Down Quark
A Neutron is made up of 2X Down Quarks, 1x Up Quark

The charges of the Quarks and a few simple fractions can explain exactly why Protons are positive and Neutrons are neutral! Its really good to see some simple, yet convincing evidence of something which becomes second nature and so widely accepted as the charges of atomic particles.

Sorry if this is muddled..its kinda late, but I needed to review this info anyway.

But this is awesome hm? Incredible at how tiny tiny subatomic particles are crucial to the workings of ..everything we know in existence.

فتبارك الله آحسن الخالقين

Wa-alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

I had to read your post 3 times before making any sense of it. My parents still wonder why I wasn't a science major ! :/
Just thinking of physics brings back traumatic memories from high school days. *shivers*

As per OP, All I have to say is Alhamdulilah you guys were born. I'll follow sister Al-fajr here and check myself out, although it would have been amusing to be a geek.

Don't feel down you geeks, I'll stop by and say hi If I need help :) .

-On a serious note: Brother Kashmiri,
Sharing pirated media, software, texts, etc.. over torrents or by any other means for that matter is Haram? ;/
Please shed a lil' light on this if you don't mind.

W/salam.

JenGiove

-On a serious note: Brother Kashmiri,
Sharing pirated media, software, texts, etc.. over torrents or by any other means for that matter is Haram? ;/
Please shed a lil' light on this if you don't mind.

W/salam.

Does this reeeeeaaaaalllly need to be explained? These things are the intellectual property of other people. By sharing them like that is stealing from the owners. They made it, they deserve to get paid for it.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I had to read your post 3 times before making any sense of it. My parents still wonder why I wasn't a science major ! :/
Just thinking of physics brings back traumatic memories from high school days. *shivers.

Good to know it made sense eventually, to be honest my post is very superficial, just what I understood from a double page spread of an A level physics study guide!

I too hated physics at school, dropped it as soon as I could and stuck with the other sciences and humanities for A level. But I know if i was making my A level choices again I would drop English Lit (a pointless waste of time!), definitely choose Physics instead.

Wa-alaykum salaam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
*holds hand to heart* UHG! my heart! How could you think that English Lit. is pointless!?

Creator, save this child from idiocy... :)

Child? Ouch.

Thanks, but I can do without the prayers lol. Which 'creator' are you beseeching anyways..? =) ..pm me on that ..

JenGiove

Child? Ouch.

Thanks, but I can do without the prayers lol. Which 'creator' are you beseeching anyways..? =) ..pm me on that ..

There is only one.... :)

and to me, most of the people here on the boards are children...(oh my old bones...)

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

As per OP, All I have to say is Alhamdulilah you guys were born. I'll follow sister Al-fajr here and check myself out, although it would have been amusing to be a geek.

Only... she didn't check herself out. In fact, she was convinced into accepting, and is now a profile certified Geek.

Still following?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Only... she didn't check herself out. In fact, she was convinced into accepting, and is now a profile certified Geek.

Still following?

Lol ..!

I wasn't ''convinced'' as such, I was invited to the group; I considered it a tad rude to simply bin the invite. That's all!

Wa-alaykum salaam