the good way to break the fast ?

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Dear brothers and sister, i want to ask a question: when is the best time to break the fast ?

I always try to pray Maghrib prayer first and only after to have the meal, seems logic since Maghrib is right after sunset.
But i read is corect also to eat after sunset and after eating to pray Maghrib ? this second version makes me doubt honestly...i suppose is the case when you pray Maghrib little later, not exactly at the beggining of her time ...i am right ?
What is really the recomended and corect time to break the fast ?

:salam2:

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
Walikom Selam;
The most convenient way to break your fast is by starting with eating before Salah.
But you don't necessarily need to eat the whole meal before the prayer if you're afraid of missing the narrow time of Maghrib...
and Allah knows best
for further information and evidences please wait for the moderators of the forum to give you more guidelines according to Sunnah
Allah bless us all
Salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

When you break your fast..you eat a little and drink a little water or juice. It is a light meal. And then you pray. After prayer you eat your dinner.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
:wasalam:

I usually break my fast at magreb time and then go do salah and then come back and eat a proper meal.
The Sunnah is to hasten to break one’s fast. This is what is indicated by the ahaadeeth. It was narrated from Sahl ibn Sa’d that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will still be fine so long as they hasten to break their fast.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1821; Muslim, 1838)

What one should do is to hasten to break the fast by eating small morsels that will calm one’s hunger, then get up to pray, then if one wishes, one may come back and eat more.

This is what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do. It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to break his fast before praying by eating fresh dates, and if there were no fresh dates he would eat dried dates; if there were no dried dates, he would have a few sips of water.” (al-Sawm, 632; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, no. 560)

Al-Mubaarakfoori said in his commentary on the hadeeth: “This indicates the lengths to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in order to hasten to break his fast.”

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/13999

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
This one hadeeth I learned a while back said- The prophet would say: "Innaa ma`shar al-anbiyaa' amaranaa bita`jeel fitranaa wa ta'kheer suhooranaa.."

"..إنا معشر الأنبياء أمرنا بتعجيل فطرنا وتأخير سحورنا"
(ابن حبان والضياء بسند صحيح)​
'ta`jeel' literally meaning 'accelerate'[daddajin in Somali), I believe... Either ways, we are to hasten upon opening our fast, ukht.. So, Inshaa'Allaah, as they(pople^there) said, eat something light first and then pray.

May Allaah accept our fasts!! Aameen.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Shokran for your replys dear brothers and sisters,
i understand better now :SMILY252:

And for the next fasts i will try do my best to follow this wonderfull example of our Propeht s.a.w.s. that you all gaved.

May Allah keep us on the right path, ameen
:tti_sister:

:salam2: