son of mankind?

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
did jesus ever say that he was the Son of Mankind, and if so, what did he mean?(saw it in Passion of Christ other day...)also, im 16 and live @ home w/my family, and i have to wait until im 18 to become a muslim and wear hijab. because my family is Baptist. i work at a local ice cream and dairy store, called Braums. i work almost every day, from at least 5 or 6 until 11 pm. when i go home,i am very tired and my feet hurt and it is very hard for me o do my prayers, what do you suggest i do? i cannot take a break and do my prayers because there is no place for me to do them at...:girl3:

I have not seen the movie, but I remember it had to do something with unmasking the Jews lies. To the best of my knowledge I have never heard about Jesus's (peace be upon him) as the Son of Mankind. The concept of the Father, the Holy Spirit, the Son is of the trinity (in Christianity). The "Holy Spirit" in Islam is the Angel Jabriel (Gabriel). He delivered the message to the Prophet Isa (pbuh) and the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh).

Why do you have to be 18 to become a Muslim? How are you so sure that you will get to live until 18? You should read more about the hijab and express your knowledge to your family. Perhaps slowly start to wear longer clothes so that you and your family get comfortable and gradually wear the full Islamic garmet.

As far as praying, the whole Earth can be used for prayers. I've prayed on concrete, on grass, on snow, in the heat. You should not worry or fear other people. Once my friends and I prayed in the basketball court and alot of non-Muslims were staring. It's something they've never seen and been exposed to. Inshallah Allah will help guide them from their ponders. I hope I helped.

walaakum salaam

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
Assalam u Alaikum!

I've seen Passion of Christ, too and yes it is somewhat against Jews(Although whole of the story is not the truth).Jesus is not the Son of Mankind.We know from the Koran that his mother, Maryam A.S. was a virgin.Prophet Essa was only a Prophet and servant of Allah. Concerning Islam, you should cling to Islamic faith and that would be better for you, God willing.According to me, when your family would note positive things in you,
then certainly a good image of Islam would develop in their mind, InshAllah.
Well, when I feel sleepy, tired etc I usually get rest and then read my Qaza'a prayers ( i.e. prayers read later when you may have failed to read them at the prescibed time) or just pray while sitting (only if i'm extremely tired and it becomes hard to focus while standing etc.)

Salam!

justoneofmillion

did jesus ever say that he was the Son of Mankind, and if so, what did he mean?(saw it in Passion of Christ other day...)also, im 16 and live @ home w/my family, and i have to wait until im 18 to become a muslim and wear hijab. because my family is Baptist. i work at a local ice cream and dairy store, called Braums. i work almost every day, from at least 5 or 6 until 11 pm. when i go home,i am very tired and my feet hurt and it is very hard for me o do my prayers, what do you suggest i do? i cannot take a break and do my prayers because there is no place for me to do them at...:girl3:
HI sis hopr your doing alright inshallallah be strong and hang in there you are not alone you have a 1.5 billion plus familly that is with you and Allah swt also(i hope your house is big enough!:lol: sister the best way to present the deen and to do dawah is by our deeds and the way we present ourselvestry to help your parents more be kind to them and talk to them in the most respectful manner just like you would want your children to behave towards you one day inschallah be good in school and try your best to bring them good notes so that they may notice a positive change in you and am sure that it will be easier than for you to tell them about it(just in case they don´´t ask you before what an "angel "you have become:) )try at least for now to performe your daily prayer as the good brother humble said you can do that anywhere!and remember that if you think you can`t sayit to your parents doesn`t mean you can`tsay it to Allah swt he sees you and i hope inschallah that he will answer your call
as far as te movie is concerned i have seen it the truth is that jesus pbuh refered to himself as the son of man more than 80 times in the gospels eventhough they are not very reliable sources (27 books that say different things about crucial "facts" written by one almighty all knowing god that had to correct himself 27 times or 27 gods that wrote 27 different books:confused: ) so am sure that you wouldn`t expect from me to write them all down!:lol: some jews of the time used the expression son ofgod or father as an allegorical way of describing an all protecting and all loving figure ""god "which they could relate to more easly according to their own human experience in fact in the bible there are tons of sons of god the bible even says that satan is the god of this world in one verse (genesis 3:1-5) now does one have to take that word wordly ?... of course not!
ok lets say we take it that way if following the logic of the churches"satan is the god of this world" does that mean that jesus is his son?and would then and only then the pope admit publicly the truth in fear of blasphemie against the honorable messenger of god that was jesus pbuh?

jesus pbuh preached the concepts of pure monotheisme and never once refered to himself as son of god or said"am god and worship me . but he called himself a prophet a man.. or the son of man

"but now you seek to kill me a man that had told you the truth which i heard from god!"(john 8:40)

or
"neverthelessi must walk today and tomorrowfor it can not be that a prophet persists out of jerusalem!"(luke 13:33)

jesus seing himself as equal to men an refering to god as other then himself:

my father and your father my god and your god"(john 20:17) so how many begotten son does god have!? and does god have a god? no but jesus has!
jesus preaching monotheisme:

"the first of all commandements oh israel! the lord OUR god is ONE god"
"and this life eternal..so that they may know that You are the only true god.......(john 17:3) la ilaha illa allah!in arabic
and if you wanna check "son of man"(mattew 17:22,26:45)for example as i told you more than 80 times!

here are also some vids enjoy!
"
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2202
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-7645977768965605060&q=was+christ+really+crucified
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-2743274210637656975&q=was+christ+really+crucified

SINDBAD piazza san pietro dientro il vaticano episode

wassalam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
son of man usually means that jesus pbuh was created in the similar manner of adam pbuh, in the sense that God willed it and that adam was born without sin. it's more or less adhered to if one believes in the concept of original sin. try not to get too caught up in that because you get the true story of jesus in the quran.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Dear sister, according to the New Testament Jesus (peace be upon him) used these words ' SON OF MAN' for himslef many times and i think it was to stress upon his human nature. We know well that Jesus (peace be upon him) was born miraculously and his mother Marium ( salamun alaiha ) was a virgin but he, still was human, a Man. Allah put forth for us the example in a very nice way that being born miraculously doesnt mean someone is divine. Quran speaks of Jesus (peace be upon him) in this way,
The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him (Adam) from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
The Messiah, son of Marium is but a messenger; messengers before him have indeed passed away; and his mother was a truthful woman; they both used to eat food. See how We make the communications clear to them, then behold, how they are turned away.

PaxVobiscum

Submitted'nSatisfied
Assalamo Alaiukum Sister,

I think other brothers and sisters have answered your question already. I just wanted to say that you are Masha Allah already a Muslim and I think you meant to say that when you turn 18 you will inform your family of this. Seeing cases like yours always reminds me of Allah's saying that He guides whomever He wills. So true. My heartiest congratulations.

Keep striving slowly and steadily, knowing at every step that whoever puts his/her faith in Allah, then Allah becomes sufficient for him/her.

Take care,
your brother

IbnAlAawam

My dear sister peace be upon you,

Be patient with your family, do what you can until you are independent from your parents. Allah (awj) does not wish us hardship in our religion, do your best and pray for patience and strength. You will find a lot sisters and brothers on this site to support you the best we can. I'll make a dua for you too.

I think the following might be of interest to you:

An extensive examination of the Old Testament usage of "son of man," conclusively establishes that the phrase "son of man" carries no implication of divinity on the part of the person so described.

The phrase translated "son of man" in the Old Testament is, invariably, the Hebrew Ben adam (Strongs Concordance, Nos. 01121 and 0120) or the Aramaic Bar enash (Strongs Concordance, Nos. 01247 and 0606).

"Son of man" appears some 109 times in the King James Version of the Old Testament.

In at least 12 instances, the phrase clearly means "man in general" or "humanity" and refers to no particular person. Examples include:

"God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)"

"Put not your trust in princes, [nor] in the son of man, in whom [there is] no help (Psalms 146:3)"

"As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour [cities] thereof, saith the LORD, no man shall abide there, neither shall a son of man dwell in it. (Jeremiah 49:18)"

"And Hazor shall be a dwelling for dragons, [and] a desolation for ever: there shall no man abide there, nor [any] son of man dwell in it. (Jeremiah 49:33)"

"As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour [cities] thereof, saith the LORD; [so] shall no man abide there, neither shall any son of man dwell therein. (Jeremiah 50:40)"

"Her cities are a desolation, a dry land, and a wilderness, a land wherein no man dwelleth, neither doth [any] son of man pass thereby. (Jeremiah 51:43)"

Other similar examples appear in Job 25:6 and 35:8, Psalms 8:4 and 144:3, and Isaiah 51:12 and 56:2.

In the vast majority of instances, however, "son of man" represents a word used in place of the proper name of an individual, like we might, in everyday speech, use "brother," "sister," "buddy" or a like expression in place of the actual name of an individual being addressed or referred to.

The Prophet Ezekiel (peace be upon him) is addressed by God as "son of man" some 94 times in the King James Version! Some examples:

"And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee. (Ezekiel 2:1)"

"And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, [even] unto this very day. (Ezekiel 2:3)"

"But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. (Ezekiel 2:8)"

"Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. (Ezekiel 3:1)"

"Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment. (Ezekiel 4:16)"

"Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry. (Ezekiel 8:5)"

"Son of man, eat thy bread with quaking, and drink thy water with trembling and with carefulness; (Ezekiel 12:18)"

"Therefore, son of man, speak unto the house of Israel, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Yet in this your fathers have blasphemed me, in that they have committed a trespass against me. (Ezekiel 20:27)"

In all of the above-referenced passages, "son of man," merely is a phrase standing in the place of the name Ezekiel. God could as easily have said:

And he said unto me, Ezekiel, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

-- OR --

And he said unto me, Brother, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

Rather than what King James quotes the Almighty as saying in Ezekiel 2:1:

"And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee. (Ezekiel 2:1)"

The same observation can be made concerning Ezekiel 2:3, 2:8, 3:1, 4:16, 8:5, 12:18, 20:27, or numerous verses I have not bothered to quote: 2:6; 3:3; 3:4; 3:10; 3:17; 3:25; 4:1; 5:1; 6:2; 7:2; 8:6; 8:8; 8:12; 8:15; 8:17; 11:2; 11:4; 11:15; 12:2; 12:3; 12:9; 12:22; 12:27; 13:2; 13:17; 14:3; 14:13; 15:2; 16:2; 17:2; 20:3; 20:4; 20:46; 21:2; 21:6; 21:9; 21:12; 21:14; 21:19; 21:28; 22:2; 22:18; 22:24; 23:2; 23:36; 24:2; 24:16; 24:25; 25:2; 26:2; 27:2; 28:2; 28:12; 28:21; 29:2; 29:18; 30:2; 30:21; 31:2; 32:2; 32:18; 33:2; 33:7; 33:10; 33:12; 33:24; 33:30; 34:2; 35:2; 36:1; 36:17; 37:3; 37:9; 37:11; 37:16; 38:2; 38:14; 39:1; 39:17; 40:4; 43:7; 43:10; 43:18; 44:5; 47:6.

No one - Christian, Jew or Muslim - claims that the Prophet Ezekiel (peace be upon him) was God, the Son or God or part of the Godhead, yet God referred to him as "son of man,"some 94 times!

The same is true of the Prophet Daniel (peace be upon him). The Old Testament reports:

"And it came to pass, when I, [even] I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. And I heard a man's voice between [the banks of] Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this [man] to understand the vision. So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end [shall be] the vision. (Daniel 8:15-17 (King James Version))"

Gabriel, thus, addressed Daniel as "son of man."

Again, no one - Christian, Jew or Muslim - would argue that this form of address proves that Daniel (peace be upon him) was God, the Son or God or part of the Godhead.

If express address of Daniel and Ezekiel by angels and God himself as "son of man" do not make these prophets part of the Godhead, such references to Issa (Jesus)(peace be upon him) in the New Testament no more establish that Issa (peace be upon him) was divine or part of a Trinity.

Salam alaykoum sister,

justoneofmillion

My dear sister peace be upon you,

Be patient with your family, do what you can until you are independent from your parents. Allah (awj) does not wish us hardship in our religion, do your best and pray for patience and strength. You will find a lot sisters and brothers on this site to support you the best we can. I'll make a dua for you too.

I think the following might be of interest to you:

An extensive examination of the Old Testament usage of "son of man," conclusively establishes that the phrase "son of man" carries no implication of divinity on the part of the person so described.

The phrase translated "son of man" in the Old Testament is, invariably, the Hebrew Ben adam (Strongs Concordance, Nos. 01121 and 0120) or the Aramaic Bar enash (Strongs Concordance, Nos. 01247 and 0606).

"Son of man" appears some 109 times in the King James Version of the Old Testament.

In at least 12 instances, the phrase clearly means "man in general" or "humanity" and refers to no particular person. Examples include:

"God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)"

"Put not your trust in princes, [nor] in the son of man, in whom [there is] no help (Psalms 146:3)"

"As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour [cities] thereof, saith the LORD, no man shall abide there, neither shall a son of man dwell in it. (Jeremiah 49:18)"

"And Hazor shall be a dwelling for dragons, [and] a desolation for ever: there shall no man abide there, nor [any] son of man dwell in it. (Jeremiah 49:33)"

"As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour [cities] thereof, saith the LORD; [so] shall no man abide there, neither shall any son of man dwell therein. (Jeremiah 50:40)"

"Her cities are a desolation, a dry land, and a wilderness, a land wherein no man dwelleth, neither doth [any] son of man pass thereby. (Jeremiah 51:43)"

Other similar examples appear in Job 25:6 and 35:8, Psalms 8:4 and 144:3, and Isaiah 51:12 and 56:2.

In the vast majority of instances, however, "son of man" represents a word used in place of the proper name of an individual, like we might, in everyday speech, use "brother," "sister," "buddy" or a like expression in place of the actual name of an individual being addressed or referred to.

The Prophet Ezekiel (peace be upon him) is addressed by God as "son of man" some 94 times in the King James Version! Some examples:

"And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, [even] unto this very day. (Ezekiel 2:3)"

"But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. (Ezekiel 2:8)"

"Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. (Ezekiel 3:1)"

"Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment. (Ezekiel 4:16)"

"Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry. (Ezekiel 8:5)"

"Son of man, eat thy bread with quaking, and drink thy water with trembling and with carefulness; (Ezekiel 12:18)"

"Therefore, son of man, speak unto the house of Israel, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Yet in this your fathers have blasphemed me, in that they have committed a trespass against me. (Ezekiel 20:27)"

In all of the above-referenced passages, "son of man," merely is a phrase standing in the place of the name Ezekiel. God could as easily have said:

And he said unto me, Ezekiel, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

-- OR --

And he said unto me, Brother, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

Rather than what King James quotes the Almighty as saying in Ezekiel 2:1:

The same observation can be made concerning Ezekiel 2:3, 2:8, 3:1, 4:16, 8:5, 12:18, 20:27, or numerous verses I have not bothered to quote: 2:6; 3:3; 3:4; 3:10; 3:17; 3:25; 4:1; 5:1; 6:2; 7:2; 8:6; 8:8; 8:12; 8:15; 8:17; 11:2; 11:4; 11:15; 12:2; 12:3; 12:9; 12:22; 12:27; 13:2; 13:17; 14:3; 14:13; 15:2; 16:2; 17:2; 20:3; 20:4; 20:46; 21:2; 21:6; 21:9; 21:12; 21:14; 21:19; 21:28; 22:2; 22:18; 22:24; 23:2; 23:36; 24:2; 24:16; 24:25; 25:2; 26:2; 27:2; 28:2; 28:12; 28:21; 29:2; 29:18; 30:2; 30:21; 31:2; 32:2; 32:18; 33:2; 33:7; 33:10; 33:12; 33:24; 33:30; 34:2; 35:2; 36:1; 36:17; 37:3; 37:9; 37:11; 37:16; 38:2; 38:14; 39:1; 39:17; 40:4; 43:7; 43:10; 43:18; 44:5; 47:6.

No one - Christian, Jew or Muslim - claims that the Prophet Ezekiel (peace be upon him) was God, the Son or God or part of the Godhead, yet God referred to him as "son of man,"some 94 times!

The same is true of the Prophet Daniel (peace be upon him). The Old Testament reports:

"And it came to pass, when I, [even] I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. And I heard a man's voice between [the banks of] Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this [man] to understand the vision. So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end [shall be] the vision. (Daniel 8:15-17 (King James Version))"

Gabriel, thus, addressed Daniel as "son of man."

Again, no one - Christian, Jew or Muslim - would argue that this form of address proves that Daniel (peace be upon him) was God, the Son or God or part of the Godhead.

If express address of Daniel and Ezekiel by angels and God himself as "son of man" do not make these prophets part of the Godhead, such references to Issa (Jesus)(peace be upon him) in the New Testament no more establish that Issa (peace be upon him) was divine or part of a Trinity.

Salam alaykoum sister,

jazakallah for your effort akhi

wassalam:)