Happy Birthday???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Its my brithday today & I have received Happy Birthday messages (yes in plural) from some Islamic Forums (Ummah & others) & other "Islamic" Sites.

I can't beleive this??????????????????????????

Shouldn;t these sites concentrate on teaching people the Sunnah instead of acting contrary to it???

May be I have become too conservative and senile in old age!

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
WaAlaikumussalaam WRWB,

Akhi, If you spent your past in your good Faith then your time was mubarak, then Happy Birthday!!! :D

If you feel that you could have been much better Muslim and you wasted your lot of resources, then it means your owe to do better for Ummah , even then Happy Birthday !! :D

But anyway, The thing is, Khaas hay tarkeeb main Qaum-e-Rasoolay Hashmee. We are different, Its not necessary to just pass the word of "Happy Birthday" but its very good to remind a person how many springs of his life he has passed and how short is life next (Scary?).

Well, my talk messed up, right?

Wassalaam.
VE

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

It's haram to celebrate the prophet's birthday, let alone ours. For me, a birthday just happens to be the day I was born. I've just turned 18, but I've never celebrated a single birthday in my life. Some say that birthdays should be spent thanking Allah for another year of life. This should be done at all times. It only serves to remind me how transparent and temporary life is. It seems only like yesterday when I was 15, now I'm 18. The last few years have really flown by, but I think to myself 'what have I done with my life?'. Have I truly fufilled my purpose on this earth? Every year gone by brings us closer to the end.

wasalam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AuA,

Just a second thought,
Infact, for me Birthday is a mourning day, for the regrets that I could have not done those sins I did and I could have done much better things to become pious.

Wassalaam,
VE

umm hussain

To me a birthday is one step closer to dying so I have no reason to celebrate but to fear and continue doing as many good deed as possible inshallah.

assalamualikum brothers and sisters

everyday is my birthday,and every moment when i remember my allah i feel as like a new born child.

i enjoy every moment of my life ,and proud to be a muslim.
so why i should fixed just one day?
day be day i am going more near to my grave and i still dont know am i prepared for to give those answer which in the grave angels will ask me.
:-(
ohhh allah i can do nothing.
so help me and also this ummah.
ameen

Karima

Asalamualikum,

Birthdays remind me when 'one' has entered the world that God/Allah chose to give life to.

No one is an accident to be here on earth. What we do with our lives is our obligation to choose to live for our Creator.

Birthdays count the amount of years of our existence.

What we each have done with our lives has been a life journey back to our creator to live in eternity/paradise/heaven that has a place for us when we choose to live according to our service only to God/Allah.

Having a birthday is to be thankful, and to reflect on what we have done for our service for others in the name of God/Allah.

faiz_fauzi

Assalamualaikum!

For me birthday is a reminder for ur that we are closer to death!

Logically we are closer to death everytime it comes to our bithday rite?

It is not the opposite way.

So look at urself.Reasoning urself,Thinks bout all ur sins that u havent repent.And be thankful to ALLAH that He still gave u chance to repent and submit to Him and Be A BETTER PERSON.

Let make example of Saidina ALI KaramALLAHU wajhah.Although the prophet S.A.W has guarantee the his place(saidina Ali) is in heaven but still he compalins bout not doing enough action and good deeds that he had perform and done!

Saidina Ali KaramALLAHU wajhah is a person that will run away from the blowing wind because he afraid that the sense of the blowing wind to him will make he forgot ALLAH!SubahanALLAH!

JazakAllahu Khair!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I feel everyday I am getting more closer to Death, then to the state of Al Barzakh, after that to the Akhirah.
May Allah bless and guide us all.

fathom

Umm Yusuf
assalam alaikom yes we dont have to celebrate coz were not khaafirun,this is wat i hate when im a christian coz i hate parties and wasting money.for me everyday when i wake from sleep its like im just newly born so the best thing is to thank ALLAH (s.w.t) always for the time were spending here in dunya.

may ALLAH (s.w.t) forgive us all coz were only human and nobody is perfect.

wa salam:tti_sister:

Izzu

huh and i thgought i was wrong about it. i never celebrated my own birthday. honestly i never even remembered it. why remember years when every minute we live is from Allah swt. if our day ends up nice and as per the regulations of Allah swt then we celebrate it in the evening by saying hamd to Allah swt. when we wake up in the morning it is like new birth and then we again say hamd to our creator.
well that is how i see it but unfortunately not my other half. she got upset the other when i didnt remember that it was her birthday. yeah we come from asia. for me it was just another normal day.
btw she is a salih girl, much better than me but a bit messed up in cultural islam. did i do something wrong islamically speaking.
:wasalam:

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Salaam alekoum

A birthday is just something fun...Just a day when you can think 'Oh great, I'm getting older!'. As long as we don't celebrate it as something amazing, and don't expect the world to revolve around us on that one day, I see no problem with observing it in passing :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Brother,

With age comes some wisdom. Allhumdullilah, that Allah has given you these many years on Earth. May the coming year bring you closer to Allah and May His Blessings continue to shower you.

slam

well said being a muslim y should v waste our time on celebrating on such unislamic things.v should spend that time asking ALLAH for favour.inspite of wasting time on parties n all thos useless things.
slam

MubarekMuslimah

What these people should be saying to you ( the forums and that) is "Alhamdulillah you have reached X years of age, Masha'allah! Alhamdulillah for the life Allah swt has blessed you with. Insha'allah you will have plenty more years of good health and strong iman."

Or something along those lines - basically if we must mark the day, we should do it only by praising Allah swt for letting us reach this age and make du'a for the year ahead. That is if we mark the day at all - which isn't necessary. Parties, presents, cake and the like -its not Islamic or necessary. All that matters is praise and thanks to Allah swt and du'a.

Salaams

ShaheedU

Extinct
Asslamo Allaikum,

Its my brithday today & I have received Happy Birthday messages (yes in plural) from some Islamic Forums (Ummah & others) & other "Islamic" Sites.

I can't beleive this??????????????????????????

Shouldn;t these sites concentrate on teaching people the Sunnah instead of acting contrary to it???

May be I have become too conservative and senile in old age!

wa alaikumasalaam,

Hahaha, how old now? has that mid-life crisis kicked in yet?! People will tell you that youve got your whole life ahead of you, its not true man! you old buddy!
jk

To me a birthday is one step closer to dying so I have no reason to celebrate but to fear and continue doing as many good deed as possible inshallah.

ive heard that before, and you know what sis? The amount you live has nothing to do with the time you die.

:salam2: I love b'days cause it is my gift day lolllll. I dont care for party or calling people. But hey i want a gift from my parents and family members lolllll. It is a day when i get my new jilbabs.I LOVE IT. But no party

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
subhaan Allaah! I'm suprised, yet I shouldn't be! Like others have said, birthdays are nothing but a reminder of death, of course i don't celebrate in any way, shape or form, they are baatil. The Asl (foundation) of birthdays rest upon pure shirk. It's branches are innovations.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Well im 17 today. Inshallah just been reflecting a bit, but need to some more. Anyway weird day: TB, GB, LL, BE, AJ, AB, TR (Labour).

Wasalam (Guess what BE stands for, if you watched the news then you shall know)

samiha

---------
Staff member

wa alaikumasalaam,

Hahaha, how old now? has that mid-life crisis kicked in yet?! People will tell you that youve got your whole life ahead of you, its not true man! you old buddy!
jk

that joke's getting old... how many times have you used it now?

what's a mid-life crisis? have i asked that before?

ive heard that before, and you know what sis? The amount you live has nothing to do with the time you die.

this part is so true, wow i'm impressed. Jazakallah.

:salam2: I love b'days cause it is my gift day lolllll. I dont care for party or calling people. But hey i want a gift from my parents and family members lolllll. It is a day when i get my new jilbabs.I LOVE IT. But no party

nope, not me. Not in any shape or form except in the middle of the day i go... "hey, wow... i'm 14" that's about it, i think i've even forgotten it before. I think, before in ignorance my parents did my first, but none after that. It's no big deal and i never want to do it ever, as was said, it is nothing but wrong and imitation of the disbelievers.

Status
Not open for further replies.