istikhaara prayer

koala

:salam2:

in about a month i'll be done with high school forever inshallah, but i still dont have any idea as to where im going to study next year:&...i live in Saudi Arabia and there are virtually no good english accredited universities here (at least in my area). Other options are Bahrain which is an hours drive from here and quite expensive (and frankly, not worth the money) and the other option is (gasp) online college courses..i think ill go crazy if i take up that option (hardly any socializing)...
should i perform the istikhaara?? or is istikhaara only when you have ALREADY picked something out and you want to see if its good or not?

o lol i forgot to mention my boundary: saudi arabia, bahrain and my laptop...my mom would sooner eat a live rat than allow me to study somewhere else:)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

in about a month i'll be done with high school forever inshallah, but i still dont have any idea as to where im going to study next year:&...i live in Saudi Arabia and there are virtually no good english accredited universities here (at least in my area). Other options are Bahrain which is an hours drive from here and quite expensive (and frankly, not worth the money) and the other option is (gasp) online college courses..i think ill go crazy if i take up that option (hardly any socializing)...
should i perform the istikhaara?? or is istikhaara only when you have ALREADY picked something out and you want to see if its good or not?

o lol i forgot to mention my boundary: saudi arabia, bahrain and my laptop...my mom would sooner eat a live rat than allow me to study somewhere else:)

Maa shaa Allaah, good to hear your mother doesn't want you studying elsewhere. I'd love to be studying there as oppose to here (the filthy city of London).

From what I know and what I have read, Istikharah is performed when one has made a decision and seeks to go ahead with it. This is what I read in a book by Muhammad Al-Jibaly, and Allaah knows best. There is a thread started by sister Umm Aysha (i think), which is about istikharah, I don't know exactly where it is, but I'll try and search for it now.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6612

AishaR

Sorry to go off topic here. Inshallah I am about to start a degree online with the Open University. I know they accept students from abroad but not sure about Saudi. It may be worth taking a look.

http://www.open.ac.uk/

:wasalam:

koala

online uni

i did seriously think of enrolling at an online university, like Pheonix and Athabasca, but i dont really think its a very good idea now....its better to start off practically at least, and then go online...like i want to complete a bachelors somewhere and then maybe go online...nearly all the online unis i looked into were for working people, or married and have kids...like for people who dont have much time on their hands to go attend lectures and stuff..plus i need some time off from my family lol i have 6 younger siblings!!!i think ill go crazy if i have to see them 24/7...
but thanks for the link...who knows i might change my mind two days later or something....