Salam to the big family

Kayote

:salam2:

Ive been searching for an Islamic forum for a while now. I thought I had found one when I went to an Islamic TV channel website. While I was looking around the forum, I came across a question from a young girl who wanted to know who else was watching the World Cup. In reply, the poor girl was advised not to watch it because it was wrong for her to look at young men's legs. That was when I thought, this is not the right place for me. So, on my search contined, until I came across the wonderful videos on Youtube.com.

I got the website address from there & have done little else this past weekend but read & surf this wonderful & inspiring home.

As for me, Im a muslim from Pakistan here in UK for 6 yrs now. The most wonderful man in my life (my father) died last december & Ive realised so much since then. Insha'Allah, if I stay on the right path & actually practice what Allah has ordered for us, I shall be with my dad one day. Amen.

So, GREETING!!! :D

Salam
Kayote

bluey

:wasalam: kayote -

I agree that this site is really nice..i spend hours looking at inspiring materials and feel very uplifted at some of the views etc.

ITs good to feel part of a big islamic family isnt it?

Bluey ;)

Welcome Kayote to the website.
A good advise was given to the little girl.
I was so addicted to football but i took a decision to stop knowing by heart players, teams etc. and i did not see any match on Tv of the World Cup, except some small videos which showed goals on internet. :cool:
:wasalam:

Kayote

Welcome Kayote to the website.
A good advise was given to the little girl.
I was so addicted to football but i took a decision to stop knowing by heart players, teams etc. and i did not see any match on Tv of the World Cup, except some small videos which showed goals on internet. :cool:

Thankyou for the welcome. :cool:

I hate to say this but I cannot agree with you. An addiction is your problem, lets not categorise others in the same field. She was a young girl who wanted to enjoy the world cup. I saw & see nothing wrong with this.

And without wishing to start another argument (which would totally spoil the moods as well :)), do remember, it is all dependant upon your intention. YOu may hide them from others or EVEN from yourself but not Allah.

May Allah bless us all with guidance.

:wasalam:[/QUOTE]

Thankyou for the welcome. :cool:

I hate to say this but I cannot agree with you. An addiction is your problem, lets not categorise others in the same field. She was a young girl who wanted to enjoy the world cup. I saw & see nothing wrong with this.

And without wishing to start another argument (which would totally spoil the moods as well :)), do remember, it is all dependant upon your intention. YOu may hide them from others or EVEN from yourself but not Allah.

May Allah bless us all with guidance.

haha i see without glasses
i know she was a young girl this is what i wrote before.

I talked about myself not about anyone so yes sure it's my problem to be addicted in the past to see football i.e. as many people today who cheer team than an other etc.
And who can give arguments :tongue: to defend a player than an other.

I feel happy :cool: because i did not see any match and i think there are few people who did not see the World Cup, which is now in an neglected history.
u can give any argument which can spoil me :tongue: it's your problem, argue as you want because i respect the cultural diversity i.e. no one can be the same as other and everyone has its own backround and arguments :)
brief no one knows it at all so be yourself :cool:

I wish to argue too next days but unfortunately i will go home.
So take yourtime to argue, well, eventhough, that's enough to argue:confused:

Kayote

Thanks for the welcome & welcome to yourself too m_nww. :)

haha i see without glasses
i know she was a young girl this is what i wrote before.

I talked about myself not about anyone so yes sure it's my problem to be addicted in the past to see football i.e. as many people today who cheer team than an other etc.
And who can give arguments to defend a player than an other.

I feel happy because i did not see any match and i think there are few people who did not see the World Cup, which is now in an neglected history.
u can give any argument which can spoil me it's your problem, argue as you want because i respect the cultural diversity i.e. no one can be the same as other and everyone has its own backround and arguments
brief no one knows it at all so be yourself

I wish to argue too next days but unfortunately i will go home.
So take yourtime to argue, well, eventhough, that's enough to argue

Wow, talk about winning the argument by confusing the other person. :confused:

I did not mean that the argument would spoil your mood, but rather it 'may' spoil OUR moods. Understanding of others as individuals is to be commended.

I just donot see anything wrong with letting a girl (or a lady or man) watch sports where the man is wearing shorts. Women's swimming is another matter.

Anyways, I have to conclude that we have an understanding. :eek: An understanding that we all are different & we have to respect other's choice & opinions. :)

Have fun & relaxation at home!

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Assalamu Alaikum =) Welcome to the TTI community, sister.

I enjoyed reading your spirited introduction; InshaAllah your father will be proud of your quick mind and convictions to our Lord. Indeed, from my understanding you are quite right about a person's intentions being a key factor in whether something is haram or not. By the same token, I assure you that brother Andalusian's intentions in his post were honorable too. =)

InshaAllah you will find this website a great asset for your quest deeper into Islam, and the forum community tolerant and helpful. I am sorry to hear of your loss, but surely you know that Allah's creation is perfect and that there was some purpose in His plan concerning your father's life - and indeed death. InshaAllah you will fully understand when we all stand together in Paradise. =)

I hope your day is blessed, and that all is well for your family in the UK. Peace be with you.

Kayote

WaAliekum Assalam,

Thankyou Brandon. Im loving this place a bit too much. I need to study as well & have done none this past week & also have shamefully surfed this website at work even. Talk about addicted to a forum. :)

All I ask is that please make dua that I & my family stay on the right path. Thanks a bunch!

Salam

Thanks for the welcome & welcome to yourself too m_nww. :)

Wow, talk about winning the argument by confusing the other person. :confused:

I did not mean that the argument would spoil your mood, but rather it 'may' spoil OUR moods. Understanding of others as individuals is to be commended.

I just donot see anything wrong with letting a girl (or a lady or man) watch sports where the man is wearing shorts. Women's swimming is another matter.

Anyways, I have to conclude that we have an understanding. :eek: An understanding that we all are different & we have to respect other's choice & opinions. :)

Have fun & relaxation at home!

Lhamdo li Allah i am at home now and i am relaxing :jazaak: good Ramadan:)

Assalamu Alaikum =) Welcome to the TTI community, sister.

I enjoyed reading your spirited introduction; InshaAllah your father will be proud of your quick mind and convictions to our Lord. Indeed, from my understanding you are quite right about a person's intentions being a key factor in whether something is haram or not. By the same token, I assure you that brother Andalusian's intentions in his post were honorable too. =)

InshaAllah you will find this website a great asset for your quest deeper into Islam, and the forum community tolerant and helpful. I am sorry to hear of your loss, but surely you know that Allah's creation is perfect and that there was some purpose in His plan concerning your father's life - and indeed death. InshaAllah you will fully understand when we all stand together in Paradise. =)

I hope your day is blessed, and that all is well for your family in the UK. Peace be with you.

Assalamo Alaikoum
Again i say Praise to Allah today you are muslim :) and thank you for your post. May Allah be with you incha'Allah
good Ramadan
Wa Alaikoum Assalam

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
ahhaha, I could have sworn I edited that to make it 'brother' - perhaps when the website was going a bit funky recently my edit was undone. My apologies, Brother Kayote. ;-)

Glad to hear my service to Allah is appretiated by you ;-) Keep your faith strong, Brother. Indeed, let's all of us keep our faith strong.