“Do not despair of the Mercy of Allah”

bmw540i

039.053 Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

039.054 “Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.

039.055 “And follow the best of (the courses) revealed to you from your Lord, before the Penalty comes on you – of a sudden while ye perceive not!-

039.056 “Lest the soul should (then) say: ‘Ah! Woe is me!- In that I neglected (my duty) towards Allah, and was but among those who mocked!’-

039.057 “Or (lest) it should say: ‘If only Allah had guided me, I should certainly have been among the righteous!’-

039.058 “Or (lest) it should say when it (actually) sees the penalty: ‘If only I had another chance, I should certainly be among those who do good!’

039.059 “(The reply will be:) ‘Nay, but there came to you my Signs, and you did reject them: you were arrogant, and became one of those who reject faith!’”

039.060 On the Day of Judgment wilt thou see those who told lies against Allah;- their faces will be turned black; Is there not in Hell an abode for the Arrogant?

039.061 But Allah will deliver the righteous to their place of salvation: no evil shall touch them, nor shall they grieve.

Tomtom

Banned

039.053 Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

039.054 “Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.

039.055 “And follow the best of (the courses) revealed to you from your Lord, before the Penalty comes on you – of a sudden while ye perceive not!-

039.056 “Lest the soul should (then) say: ‘Ah! Woe is me!- In that I neglected (my duty) towards Allah, and was but among those who mocked!’-

039.057 “Or (lest) it should say: ‘If only Allah had guided me, I should certainly have been among the righteous!’-

039.058 “Or (lest) it should say when it (actually) sees the penalty: ‘If only I had another chance, I should certainly be among those who do good!’

039.059 “(The reply will be:) ‘Nay, but there came to you my Signs, and you did reject them: you were arrogant, and became one of those who reject faith!’”

039.060 On the Day of Judgment wilt thou see those who told lies against Allah;- their faces will be turned black; Is there not in Hell an abode for the Arrogant?

039.061 But Allah will deliver the righteous to their place of salvation: no evil shall touch them, nor shall they grieve.

As'alaamu Alaikkum

Good post. :)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger."
Bukhari
English reference: Vol. 4, Book 54, Hadith 416
Arabic reference: Book 59, Hadith 3230

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Thank you for this post, so beneficial to read, alhamdullilah..gives us hope and trust.

:salam2:

Aziboy

Banned
Allah, the Almighty, is perfect and inevitably existent.

He, Glory to Him, has the Beautiful Names and the Perfect Attributes. He is One, and there is no one comparable unto Him, whether in His Being, Acts, or Attributes.

He is the Creator and Lord of all things. There is no god but Him. He cannot be perceived by senses, and cannot be compared with people. He is over everything; and nothing is over Him. There is nothing comparable unto Him; He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. He is neither a substance nor an image; He is not limited, divisible, made of parts, perishable, or changeable. He is far above time and place. And He, All-High, is unlike whatever might occur to our minds or we can ever imagine.

God knows what was, what is, what will be, and what was not: if it were, how it would be. He knows secrets and what is yet more hidden. Everything is in need of Him for everything. He is Self-Sufficient, Perfect, and needs none. He is the Everlasting and Eternal. He is Self-Existent and is not in need of anything or anyone for His Existence. That is God, your Lord, the Creator of all things; there is no god but Him; then how you are deluded away from the truth!

As for man, he is a weak creature who is in need of his Lord for everything. His human body is in need of food and drink in order to subsist; his heart is in need to remember Allah and keep linked with Him in order to remain alive; and his mind is in need of knowledge in order to develop. The above-mentioned three kinds of needs are indispensable for man to maintain his existence, safety of his existence, perfection of his existence, and persistence of his existence.

Now, let us leave matters of man’s nutrition needs to scientists of nourishment and intellectual needs to religious clerics; and let us talk about the human heart and the nourishment thereof, explicitly Remembering Allah.

Narrated Imam Malik in his “Al-Muwatta'”: Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

“Shall I tell you of something that is the best of your deeds, the most virtuous one in the sight of your Lord, that which exalts you to the most sublime ranks (in Paradise), and that which is better for you than spending gold and silver (for the Cause of Allah) or meeting your enemies and striking their heads and they striking your heads [i.e. fighting against them (for the Cause of Allah)]?!” They said: “Yes, O Messenger of Allah!” He said: “Remembering Allah”. (Al-Muwatta')

By virtue of the above Prophetic Hadith, it is clear that remembering Allah has a considerable significance in a believer’s life, particularly, as it is mentioned in more than three hundred verses of the Holy Quran, which confirms that remembering Allah must accompany man in all his affairs and conditions, because it is a real kind of worship that involves one’s heart, mind, and tongue.

To remember Allah, Most Gracious, means to remember Him through His cosmic and Qur’anic signs, His apparent and hidden graces, His commandments and prohibitions, to remind other fellow humans of Him by explaining to them His beautiful Names and Attributes, to remember Him in your heart and in your tongue, to glorify Him, to praise Him, to profess His oneness, to remember His Godhood, and obey Him, alone, in all your situations and conditions, to remember Him so that your heart becomes peaceful, your distress vanishes, your breast is comfortable, your livelihood becomes felicitous, and so that He grants you victory over your enemies.

Way to God

In fact, remembering God is mentioned in the Quran in ten ways, one of which is direct Command:

“O you who believe celebrate the praise of Allah, and do this often” (Al-Ahzab 33: 41)

Another way is prohibition of being forgetful of God:

“And be you not like those who forgot Allah; and, therefore, He made them forget their own selves! Such are the rebellious transgressors!” (Al-Hashr 59: 19)

In this context, some interpreters said: Their forgetfulness of Allah caused them to forget themselves in the sense that they did not know the reality of themselves, their mission in the present world, or the never-ending happiness which has been prepared for them if they obey Allah.

A third way of remembering Allah is to associate one’s success and prosperity in both abodes with constant remembrance of God:

“And celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint), that you may prosper.” (Al-Jumu’ah 62: 10)

A fourth way is that Allah, Glory to Him, considers heedlessness of the remembrance of Allah a reason for man’s great loss. To this effect, He says:

“O you who believe! Let neither your riches nor your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. If any (of you) act thus, the loss is their own.” (Al-Munafiqun 63: 9)

In other words, no favor or blessing a true believer receives from his Lord is greater than when He, Most Gracious, remembers him as a reward for his remembering the Lord or reminding other fellow humans of Him:

“Then remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.” (Al-Baqarah 2: 152)

In fact, Remembering God should be the ultimate goal of human beings and the essence of their worship and acts of obedience. That is why Allah, All-High, considers it the essence of man’s work and greater than any other kind of worship or act of devotion. To the same purport, God says:

“And recite (and teach) what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord: none can change His words, and none will you find as a refuge other than Him.‏” (Al-Kahf 18: 27)

Way of Life

Concerning God’s words “And Remembering Allah is greater” (Al-Ankabut 29: 45) exegeses hold that it embraces more than one significance. First, remembering Allah is greater than any other kind of worship or act of devotion. Second, it means that if you remember Allah in your prayer, He will remember you much more than you do. A third meaning is that remembering Allah safeguards man from committing sins or misdeeds.

Some exegeses, however, hold that remembering Allah is in fact the greatest thing in prayer:

“Verily, I am Allah; there is no god but I; so serve you Me (only), and establish regular prayer in order to remember Me.” (Ta-Ha 20: 14)

In general, God considers remembering Him as the spirit of good deeds; therefore, if they lack remembrance of God, good deeds are dead bodies with no spirit.

Furthermore, remembrance of Allah is the life for man’s heart. It is narrated in “Sahih Al-Bukhari” and “Sahih Muslim” that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

“The parable of someone who remembers his Lord and another who does not remember Him is the parable of a living and a dead person.”

And according to the narration of Muslim:

“The parable of a house in which Allah is remembered and a house in which Allah is not remembered is the parable of the living and the dead.” (Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

In this context, some scholars said: Remembering Allah is as necessary for the human heart as water is for fish. In a Divine Qudsi Hadith God says:

“I am as my servant thinks of me, if he remembers Me in himself, I remember him in Myself. If he remembers Me in a company of people, I remember him in a better company. If he comes near to Me a span of a hand, I come near to him a cubit. If he comes near to Me a cubit, I come near to him a fathom. If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running.”(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Fruits

Remembering Allah would suffice man in honor and grace, drives Satan away and suppresses him. It pleases the Most Merciful Allah and brings man nearer to Him. It removes distress and worry and brings happiness and joy. It strengthens man’s heart and body, brightens his face and enlightens his heart. It enlarges man’s provision and makes him better off. It enshrouds man with dignity, congeniality and gracefulness. It conduces to Allah’s Love, which is the spirit of the religion of Islam, the pillar of Faith and the pivot of man’s happiness and safety in both Abodes.

As afore-mentioned, remembering Allah repels Satan and over-power him. To this effect, Ibn Abbas narrated that the Prophet said: “Satan is (forever) sitting on man’s heart. No sooner is he (man) heedless and forgets (Allah) than he (Satan) whispers evil to him. But if he (man) remembers Allah, he (Satan) sneaks away.”

That is why Satan is called in Arabic “Al-Waswas Al-Khannas”, i.e “the whisperer of evil, who withdraws and sneaks away when man remembers Allah”. Muadh ibn Jabal also narrated that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

“Man never does anything that rescues him from Allah’s Punishment better than Remembering Allah, the Almighty.”(Malik and At-Tirmidhi)

1- Occupying oneself with the remembrance of Allah keeps man away from futile talk like slander, backbiting, calumny, tale bearing, idle talk …ect. This is because man’s tongue is never at rest; it is either a heedful tongue that extols Allah’s Names and Attributes or a heedless tongue that gets indulged in vain talk. The same thing applies to man’s soul, which, if not filled with good, fills man’s life with evil, and man’s heart, which, if not filled with love for Allah, is filled with love for the perishable trivial mundane things, and also man’s tongue, which, if not involved in extolling Praises of Allah, utters vain meaningless things:

“The Believers must (eventually) prosper: Those who humble themselves in their Prayers, who avoid vain talk, who are active in deeds of Charity, and who abstain from (illegal) sex.” (Al-Mu’minun 23: 1-5)

2- One of the benefits of remembering Allah is that it is the only cure for hard-heartedness. This is because the more forgetful of Allah man is, the harder his heart is. Nothing can eliminate man’s hard-heartedness except remembering Allah. In other words, remembrance of Allah is a cure for man’s heart as much as heedlessness and forgetfulness of Allah is the source of its ailment and death. In this context, one of the scholars said: “Remembering Allah is a remedy, and remembering people is a disease.”

When we become sick, we seek remedy in remembering You; but when we do not remember You, we relapse into sickness.

3- Remembering Allah is conducive to Allah’s Friendship and Protection as much as heedlessness and forgetfulness entail His Hatred and Enmity. In other words, the more man remembers his Lord, the more his Lord, Most Gracious, loves, befriends and protects him; and the more man is heedless and forgetful of his Lord, the more his Lord hates and antagonizes him. Nothing could ever make man more detested to Allah than his being heedless or forgetful of Him. Allah’s Favors and Blessings can be attained and His Anger and Punishment can be repelled by nothing better than remembering Him and glorifying His Beautiful Names and Attributes. This is because remembrance of Allah entails His Love and Grace and repels His Wrath and Punishment.

4- Furthermore, remembering Allah is the Paradise of this present world. One of the righteous scholars was quoted as saying: “There is a Paradise in this present world; whosoever does not enter it, he will never enter the Paradise of the Hereafter. Such Paradise is Remembering Allah.” Another scholar referred to such Paradise saying: “What can my enemies do to me. My Garden of Paradise is in my heart; wherever I go, it is with me. My imprisonment is devotional seclusion (for remembering Allah), killing me is martyrdom, and driving me away from my homeland is tourism.”

A third one said: “How miserable people of the present world are! They pass away from it without having tasted the most beautiful thing therein.” And when he was asked: “What is the most beautiful thing therein?”, he said: “Knowing Allah, the Almighty, loving Him, and remembering Him.”

5- One of the righteous men who used to constantly remember the Lord, Most Gracious, said: “There come upon me times (of utmost happiness) wherein I say, “If people of Paradise enjoy such happy times, they will certainly be in a really happy life.”

It was also narrated that a righteous young man committed a sin, which hindered him from remembering Allah, the Almighty, because he was filled with sorrow and worry; and he sat waiting for Allah’s Punishment and Torment. He remained so for some time, but nothing happened to him. He turned to the Lord, saying, “O Lord! I disobeyed You, but You did not punish me!” The Lord, Most Gracious, inspired him, “O My slave! I punished you but you did you did not recognize that. Did I not deprive you of the pleasure of remembering and invoking Me?!”

Al-Hassan Al-Basri said: “Seek sweet happiness in three things: performing prayer, Remembering Allah, and reading the Holy Quran. If you find (delight in those three things), it is alright. But if you do not, it means that the door (to Allah’s Love and Mercy) is closed; so search for the reason.”

6- Remembering Allah is conducive to His generous donation. This is because Allah, Most Generous, grants those who remember Him much more than those who ask Him. In a Divine Hadith narrated by Umar ibn Al-Khattab on authority of the Prophet, peace be upon him, God said:

“Whosoever is distracted by My Remembrance from asking Me, I grant him more than that which I grant to those who ask.”

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualaykum,

JazakAllah Kair Brother for the post - I am compiling a list of Hadith for encouragement in our daily lives.. These are surely useful.

Aziboy

Banned
Asalamualaykum,

JazakAllah Kair Brother for the post - I am compiling a list of Hadith for encouragement in our daily lives.. These are surely useful.

Wa-Alaykum as Salam,

If you are looking for Hadiths that I would suggest you do not rely so much on the post here coz they are limited to Topics.
What I suggest you here is to browse and search by your own, the Hadiths which are no doubt the inspiration to all of us
Below are some links that will take you to the authentic Hadiths, if you like it please forward it to our fellow Muslims

http://www.shariahprogram.ca/Hadith/

http://ahadith.co.uk/

Jazak Allahu Khair

Aziboy

Banned
Gratefulness to ALLAH

Gratefulness to ALLAH

Allah does not want to punish you by testing you. But He wants to draw you closer to Him and to make you count His blessings which He bestowed on you. He wants you to thank Him by your tongue and actions.

In his well-known book, Al-Hikam (Words of Wisdom), sheikh Ahmad Ibn `Ataa'illah As-Sakandari says:
You risk losing your blessings when you do not thank Him for them, and you tie them to you firmly when you do. And if you do not advance towards Him by doing excellent deeds, He will pull you towards Him with the chains of tests.

One of the universal laws of Allah which govern the issue of providence with all its kinds is that if we thank Allah, He will multiply the blessings or replace them with something better. Allah says, {If you are grateful [to Me], I shall most certainly give you more and more}. (Ibrahim 14: 7)
Allah declared that we will not be able to count all Allah's blessings. Allah says, {And should you try to count Allah's blessings, you could never compute them}. (Ibrahim 14: 34) Every Muslim should do his best to thank Allah for whatever He gives him.

Then Allah says, {but if you are ungrateful, verily, My chastisement will be severe indeed!}. (Ibrahim 14: 7) The Arabic word 'kafartum', in this verse, means being unthankful to Allah for His blessings. It does not mean disbelief in Allah, as the literal meaning implies, but it shows the gravity of this flaw. Non-thankfulness, then, is another flaw that Ibn `Ataa’ is teaching us about in this word of wisdom.

Thankfulness is not only limited to saying Al-Hamdullilah (praise to Allah). However, thankfulness can be offered through actions. Allah says: {Labor, O David's people, in gratitude towards Me}. (Sabaa’ 34: 13) Thankfulness through actions requires that everyone should ask himself the following: What am I going to do with this blessing? Am I going to use it in a good way? Am I going to contribute with it to good causes? Or am I going to waste it, which is a form of denying the blessing?

Therefore, if you do not thank Allah for His blessings with sayings and actions, you will risk losing them. But if you thank Allah, you are tying His blessings to you firmly.

Through tests, Allah is elevating you and purifying your heart. When you are afflicted with tests, you will draw closer to Allah and He will forgive your sins. Allah says: {And, indeed, We tested them [the hypocrites] through suffer*!ing, but they did not abase themselves before their Sustainer; and they will never humble them*!selves}. (Al-Mu’minun 23: 67)

When Allah puts you to tests, you have to humble yourself, and pray to Allah. Allah also says about the hypocrites: {Are they, then, not aware that they are being tested year-in, year-out? And yet, they do not repent and do not bethink themselves [of Allah]}. (At-Tawbah 9: 126)

When Allah puts you to a test by losing some blessings, He is testing you by a ‘touch of chastisement’, as the other verse says. Every one of us has billions of uncountable blessings. When Allah puts one of us to a test by losing one, two or even five blessings, he feels that he is faced with a severe crisis. While in reality he has billions of blessings which Allah is bestowing on him every moment.

In every cell in your body, there are countless blessings. In every second you live, there are countless blessings. In every breath you breathe, there are countless blessings. In every glance you make, there are countless blessings.

Allah is the One who is worthy of thankfulness. When Allah tests you by losing one or two blessings, He, according to Ibn `Ataa’, is ‘pulling you towards Him’. By losing a blessing, Allah wants you to return and repent to Him. He also wants you to remember His blessings and reflect on them.
And if you sincerely repent to Allah, the test is over. Allah says: {And, behold, with every hardship comes ease: verily, with every hardship comes ease!}. (Ash-Sharh 94: 5-6) We notice that Allah repeated the verse twice. In another verse we read: {Allah will grant, after hardship, ease}. (At-Talaq 65: 7) Sometimes matters get worse, but Allah makes a way-out and with difficulty comes ease. When you are faced with a problem or afflicted with a calamity, Allah brings ease in the middle of the crisis and also after the crisis.

And in any case, if this state of hardship draws you closer to Allah, this is in itself a blessing from Allah…… Masha ALLAH

If one would like to avoid trials at all, one should always advance towards Allah and never fall into any mistake. In reality, though, this will never happen because we are humans! We cannot maintain thanking Allah all the time and a clear record. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Every son of Adam makes mistakes, but the best of those who make mistakes are those who repent". (At-Tirmidhi) Therefore, Allah is helping us in our journey by putting us to tests in order to give us a chance to repent.

And ALLAH knows the best