“O you who have believed…”

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وصحبه

In ninety places in the Qur'an, Allah سبحانه و تعالى begins the Ayah with:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا

"O you who have believed..."

Regarding its emphatic significance (and our attitude towards it), a man came to 'Abd-Allah ibn Mas'ood رضي الله عنه and asked him for advise. He replied:

إذا سمعت الله يقول: يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ؛ فأصغ لها سمعك ؛ فإنه خير تؤمر به، أو شر تنهى عنه

"When you hear Allah Say: 'O you who have believed', concentrate your hearing towards it - for it contains goodness that is ordered (to be performed), or evil that is forbidden (and must be avoided)." [Ibn Abi Hatim (as related by Ibn Katheer in his Tafseer)]

Shaykh Abu Bakr al-Jaza'iri gathered all instances of this phrase in his superb book entitled 'Nida'at Ar-Rahman li ahl al-Imaan' (Call of Ar-Rahman to His believing slaves) and provided an concise explanation for each one. In its introduction, he explains that the Order of Allah in these Ayaat contain critical details that teach the believers what will benefit them and what will cause them harm. This is something that should be known by every Muslim in order to attain happiness in this world and success in the Hereafter. It covers issues surrounding aqeedah, ibadah, akhlaq, mu'amalaat, law and so on.

Allah is the Source of Guidance.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Sister, am just curious. Is the source of the article you posted from here: http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showpost.php?p=101547&postcount=124. Because it definitely looks the same with Brother Abu Umayza's post.

Would be nice if you can include the source in the future, as to give credits to the writer also easy for us to search for the original writings (who wrote the article). :)

If I'm wrong in my thoughts, I sincerely apologize.

To share with everyone the continuous of the great post:

Furthermore, an example of one such profound goodness (understood from such Ayaat), 'Abd-Al Muhsin al-Abbad commented that: "sometimes after this (opening) speech, comes the description for the believers to fear Allah and have taqwah of Him. This (taqwah) is the from the best of causes in harvesting (true) happiness in this world and the Hereafter; because happiness in this world and the Hereafter is but due to having taqwah, as Allah عز وجل Said: يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن تَتَّقُوا اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّكُمْ فُرْقَانًا وَيُكَفِّرْ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ - "O you who believe! If you have taqwah of Allah, He will grant you Furqan, and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you." [Al-Anfaal, 29]

And He Said: وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجًا- "And whosoever has taqwah of Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way out for him." [At-Talaaq, 2]

And He Said: وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ يُسْرًا - "And whosoever has taqwah of Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him." [At-Talaaq, 4],

And He Said: وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يُكَفِّرْ عَنْهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِ وَيُعْظِمْ لَهُ أَجْرًا - "And whosoever has taqwah of Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will expiate from him his sins, and will enlarge his reward." [At-Talaaq, 5]

He also Said: وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۖ وَيُعَلِّمُكُمُ اللَّهُ - "so have taqwah of Allah, and Allah will teach you" [Al-Baqarah, 282]

Having taqwah of Allah is the cause for all that is good, and salah and falah in this world and the Hereafter." ['Sharh al-Arba'een an-Nawawi', tape 26]

Jazaaki Allaahu khaayr.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I see I'm not the only stalker of Br. abu_umayza's posts. What adds to his beautiful posts is the layout of the posts. I'll post the question and the answer.

Qur'an Quiz 23​
Ninety times in the Qur'an, Allah سبحانه و تعالى begins an Ayah with:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا

"O you who have believed..."

Question: What is said about the significance and emphasis of this phrase, and our attitude towards it?

Regarding its emphatic significance (and our attitude towards it), a man came to 'Abd-Allah ibn Mas'ood رضي الله عنه and asked him for advise. He replied:

إذا سمعت الله يقول: يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ؛ فأصغ لها سمعك ؛ فإنه خير تؤمر به، أو شر تنهى عنه

"When you hear Allah Say: 'O you who have believed', concentrate your hearing towards it - for it contains goodness that is ordered (to be performed), or evil that is forbidden (and must be avoided)."
[Ibn Abi Hatim (as related by Ibn Katheer in his Tafseer)]

Abu Bakr al-Jaza'iri gathered all instances of this phrase in his superb book entitled 'Nida'at Ar-Rahman li ahl al-Imaan' (Call of Ar-Rahman to His believing slaves) and provided a brief explanation for each one. In its introduction, he explains that the Order of Allah in these Ayaat contain critical details that teach the believers what will benefit them and what will cause them harm. This is something that should be known by every Muslim in order to attain happiness in this world and success in the Hereafter. It covers issues surrounding aqeedah, ibadah, akhlaq, mu'amalaat, law and so on.

Furthermore, an example of one such profound goodness (understood from such Ayaat), 'Abd-Al Muhsin al-Abbad commented that: "sometimes after this (opening) speech, comes the description for the believers to fear Allah and have taqwah of Him. This (taqwah) is the from the best of causes in harvesting (true) happiness in this world and the Hereafter; because happiness in this world and the Hereafter is but due to having taqwah, as Allah عز وجل Said: يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن تَتَّقُوا اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّكُمْ فُرْقَانًا وَيُكَفِّرْ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ - "O you who believe! If you have taqwah of Allah, He will grant you Furqan, and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you." [Al-Anfaal, 29]

And He Said: وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجًا - "And whosoever has taqwah of Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way out for him." [At-Talaaq, 2]

And He Said: وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ يُسْرًا - "And whosoever has taqwah of Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him." [At-Talaaq, 4],

And He Said: وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يُكَفِّرْ عَنْهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِ وَيُعْظِمْ لَهُ أَجْرًا - "And whosoever has taqwah of Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will expiate from him his sins, and will enlarge his reward." [At-Talaaq, 5]

He also Said: وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۖ وَيُعَلِّمُكُمُ اللَّهُ - "so have taqwah of Allah, and Allah will teach you" [Al-Baqarah, 282]

Having taqwah of Allah is the cause for all that is good, and salah and falah in this world and the Hereafter." ['Sharh al-Arba'een an-Nawawi', tape 26]

Allah is the source of guidance.

abu_umayza

Original and complete is better, isn't it?

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال

I see I'm not the only stalker of Br. abu_umayza's posts.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Nope, I'm not a stalker of the brother's posts. I follow that Qur`an Quiz thread because it holds a LOT of beautiful, new knowledge. Alhamdulillaah.

Yes, it is indeed. Jazaaki Allaahu khaayr for reposting.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Nope, I'm not a stalker of the brother's posts. I follow that Qur`an Quiz thread because it holds a LOT of beautiful, new knowledge. Alhamdulillaah.
I didn't mention your explicitly, but I stand corrected in my guess anyway. The latter sentence contradicts the message of the former. Most of the "beneficial" posts on that thread are his. So welcome to the stalker's club.

No one participates in that thread anymore. Quite sad.

Yes, it is indeed. Jazaaki Allaahu khaayr for reposting.
BaraakAllahu feeki.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
I didn't mention you explicitly, but I stand corrected in my guess anyway.

Right. I should have thought that since you didn't quote me.

Btw the latter sentence contradicts the message of the former. Most of the "beneficial" posts on that thread are his. No one participates in that thread. Quite sad.

Which sentence? Sorry, am a bit slow I guess.

Yeah, but I'm sure lots of people read it. Passive readers, for example.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
http://ilmpoint.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/o-you-who-have-believed/
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Sister, am just curious. Is the source of the article you posted from here: http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showpost.php?p=101547&postcount=124. Because it definitely looks the same with Brother Abu Umayza's post.

Would be nice if you can include the source in the future, as to give credits to the writer also easy for us to search for the original writings (who wrote the article). :)

If I'm wrong in my thoughts, I sincerely apologize.

To share with everyone the continuous of the great post:

Jazaaki Allaahu khaayr.

wa assalam alaikum wa rahmathullahi wa barakathu

No worries ukht *smile* . And no not from that link i read it from here http://ilmpoint.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/o-you-who-have-believed/
And also i am not aware of this brother. Anywayss

Between jazakallah khairan for your post

afrarzk

احبك ىارب

I see I'm not the only stalker of Br. abu_umayza's posts. What adds to his beautiful posts is the layout of the posts. I'll post the question and the answer.

"When you hear Allah Say: 'O you who have believed', concentrate your hearing towards it - for it contains goodness that is ordered (to be performed), or evil that is forbidden (and must be avoided)."
[Ibn Abi Hatim (as related by Ibn Katheer in his Tafseer)]

Abu Bakr al-Jaza'iri gathered all instances of this phrase in his superb book entitled 'Nida'at Ar-Rahman li ahl al-Imaan' (Call of Ar-Rahman to His believing slaves) and provided a brief explanation for each one. In its introduction, he explains that the Order of Allah in these Ayaat contain critical details that teach the believers what will benefit them and what will cause them harm. This is something that should be known by every Muslim in order to attain happiness in this world and success in the Hereafter. It covers issues surrounding aqeedah, ibadah, akhlaq, mu'amalaat, law and so on.

And He Said: وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجًا - "And whosoever has taqwah of Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way out for him." [At-Talaaq, 2]

Allah is the source of guidance.

abu_umayza

Wa alaikum as salam wa rahmathullah

jazakallah khairan dear for sharing this

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!