“Why is it that those who do this are few?”

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
“Why is it that those who do this are few?”

‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin al-’As narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:

“There are two characteristics that no servant possesses except that he will enter Paradise. They are both very easy, but those who act upon them are quite few: The first is that one of you says ‘Subhan Allah’ ten times, ‘al-Hamdu lillah’ ten times, and ‘Allahu Akbar’ ten times after each prayer. This is 150 (30 X five prayers) with the tongue, and 1,500 in the Scale.

The second is that if he goes to bed, he says ‘Subhan Allah’ thirty-three times, ‘al-Hamdu lillah’ thirty-three times, and ‘Allahu Akbar’ thirty-four times. This is 100 with the tongue, and 1,000 in the Scale. So, which of you performs 2,500 sins in the course of a day and night?!”

‘Abdullah said: “I saw the Messenger of Allah counting them on his fingers.”

It was asked: “O, Messenger of Allah! Why is it that those who do this are few?”

The Prophet replied: “Satan comes to one of you in his prayer and says to him: ‘Remember such-and-such that you have to attend to after the prayer!’ Likewise, he comes to one of you when he goes to bed and causes him to fall asleep (without making these adhkar).”

[Reported by at-Tabrizi in 'Mishkat al-Masabih' (2406), and it is in 'Sahih Mawarid ath-Thaman' (449)]

Some benefits from the hadith:
Those who are consistent in performing good deeds are the always the minority in relation to the rest of the people.
Good deeds that one performs during the day completely wipe out and obliterate the sins that one gathers during the day.
One should always keep in mind that the reward for each good deed is multiplied many times over, and this should encourage him and increase his zeal and enthusiasm in picking as much as possible from these fruits and treasures of good deeds.
A small whisper from Satan is all it takes to cause you to miss out on a single act that might be your ticket to Paradise, so, it is essential to turn his plots against him and fight against the laziness and laxity that block the performance of such actions.

And Allah Knows best.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Nice thread MashaAllah.

Sister saima, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post threads about our pious salaf (May Allah be pleased with them) on TTI from various sources. They are very beneficial Alhamdulillah.

Jazaki Allahu Khayran.

Waasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
:salam2:

Nice thread MashaAllah.

Sister saima, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post threads about our pious salaf (May Allah be pleased with them) on TTI from various sources. They are very beneficial Alhamdulillah.

Jazaki Allahu Khayran.

Waasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi
asalam o alykum
alhumdulliah
brother i post what i read .. just keeping in mind...The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “None of you will attain (perfect) faith until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).
may Allah keep my intention only for HIM...