•• History of April Fool ••

brother4ever

Asalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu

:bismillah:

Most of us celebrate April fool day every year and fool each other. But how many of us know the bitter facts hidden behind it. It was around a thousand years ago that was ruled by Muslims.

And the Muslim power in was so strong that it couldn't be destroyed. The Christians of the west wished to wipe out Islam from all parts of the world and they did succeed to quite an extent. But when they tried to eliminate Islam in and conquer it, they failed. They tried several times but never succeeded.

The unbelievers then sent their spies in to study the Muslims there and find out what was the power they possessed and they found that their power was TAQWA. The Muslims of Spain were not just Muslims but they were practicing Islam. They not only read the Quran but also acted upon it. When the Christians found the power of the Muslims they started thinking of strategies to break this power. So they started sending alcohol and cigarettes to Spain free of cost. This technique of the west worked out and it started weakening the faith of the Muslims in particular the young generation of Spain.

The result was that the Catholics of the west wiped out Islam and conquered the entire Spain bringing an end to the EIGHT HUNDRED LONG YEARS' RULE OF THE MUSLIMS in Spain. The last fort of the Muslims to fall was Grenada (Gharnatah), which was on the 1st of April. From that year onwards, every year they celebrate April fools day on the 1st of April, celebrating the day, they made a fool of the Muslims. They did not make a fool of the Muslim army at Gharnatah only, but of the whole Muslim Ummah.

We, the Muslims, were fooled by the unbelievers. They have a reason to celebrate April fool day, to keep up the spirit.

Dear brothers and sisters, when we join in this celebration, we do so out of ignorance. If we had known about it, we would never have celebrated our own downfall. So now, that we are aware of it, and now let us promise that we shall never celebrate this day. We should learn our lesson from the people of Spain and shall try to become practicing Muslims, never to let anybody weaken our faith.

Please forward this message to as many Muslims as you know. The more people you forward it to the greater will be the reward from your Lord in this world and in the life hereafter. Please try to do it before the 1st of April, to create awareness that WE ARE NOT FOOLS ANYMORE.

Kindly open this news I have seen that kind of news in my life

www.kuwaittimes.net
check the 1st april news paper check in archiev cololumn
the hadeline is Alcohal Legal in Kuwait but at the end of new they mention Happy April Fool Day dont u think they are not authorised to this & the govet of kuwait have to take some action against that.

ALLAH HAFIZ

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2:

Jazzak-Allah Khair for sharing brother,I have heard this aswell but I didn`t know if it was true or not???

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Asalaam Alakum,

Actually the origin of April Fools is not truly known. Here are some of the more researched theories as to where it originated:

The origin of this custom has been very much disputed. Many theories have been suggested. What seems certain is that it is in some way or other a relic of those once universal festivities held at the vernal equinox, which, beginning on old New Year's Day, the 25th of March, ended on the 2nd of April.

Chaucer's story, the Nun's Priest's Tale, written c.1400, takes place "thritty dayes and two" from the beginning of March, that is, 1 April; it is Chanticleer and the Fox, a story of two fools. Though the 1st of April appears to have been anciently observed in Great Britain as a general festival, it was apparently not until the beginning of the 18th century that the making of April-fools was a common custom. In Scotland the custom was known as "hunting the gowk," i.e. the cuckoo, and April-fools were "April-gowks," the cuckoo being there, as it is in many countries, a term of contempt.

It has been suggested that Europe derived its April-fooling from the French.[2] French and Dutch references from 1508 and 1539 respectively describe April Fools' Day jokes and the custom of making them on the first of April. France was one of the first nations to make January 1 officially New Year's Day (which was already celebrated by many), by decree of Charles IX. This was in 1564, even before the 1582 adoption of the Gregorian calendar (See Julian start of the year). Thus the New Year's gifts and visits of felicitation which had been the feature of the 1st of April became associated with the first day of January, and those who disliked or did not hear about the change were fair game for those wits who amused themselves by sending mock presents and paying calls of pretended ceremony on the 1st of April. In France the person fooled is known as poisson d'avril. This has been explained as arising from the fact that in April the sun quits the zodiacal sign of the fish. The French traditionally celebrated this holiday by placing dead fish on the backs of friends. Today the fish has been replaced with paper cut-out.

The Dutch celebrate the 1st of April for other reasons. In 1572, the Netherlands were ruled by Spain's King Philip II. Roaming the region were Dutch rebels who called themselves Geuzen, after the French "gueux", meaning beggars. On 1 April 1572, the Geuzen seized the small coastal town of Den Briel. This event was also the start of the general civil rising against the Spanish in other cities in the Netherlands. The Duke of Alba, commander of the Spanish army could not prevent the uprising. Bril is the Dutch word for glasses, so on 1 April, 1572, "Alba lost his glasses". Dutch people find this joke so hilarious they still commemorate the first of April

So while I do not care for this "holiday" and Muslims do not celebrate it, I do not think it is an elaborate anti-Islamic celebration to spite us.

~Sarah

loverasool

السلام عليكم
Thank you brother for this valuable information that should ban muslims celebrating it
For all muslims, celebrating these day objects our believes and characters
we're not allowed to use fools to any one cause a beliver could never be a liar

brother4ever

السلام عليكم
Thank you brother for this valuable information that should ban muslims celebrating it
For all muslims, celebrating these day objects our believes and characters
we're not allowed to use fools to any one cause a beliver could never be a liar

:wasalam:

I am agree with u

ALLAH HAFIZ

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
One story that I heard was that the Catholics and the Christians burned Masjids on April Fool's day during the time when the Muslims ruled Spain. That was their kind of joke against our religion.

Halloween Harry

So while I do not care for this "holiday" and Muslims do not celebrate it, I do not think it is an elaborate anti-Islamic celebration to spite us.

~Sarah

Ya Allah !!!!!!!! Sarah you are a voice of reason :mashallah:

I pray for more of you !!!

:jumpclap: :jumpclap:

renton

One story that I heard was that the Catholics and the Christians burned Masjids on April Fool's day during the time when the Muslims ruled Spain. That was their kind of joke against our religion.

one story you "heard"?
please dont base everything you hear on what you hear.
Research, find out the history of things, and question everything.
I think the reason april fools day still exists is becuase it can be funny playing pranks on people.
Personally, why only prank people once a year for half a day?
Prank all the time!