1 little question regarding the fire of hell

Magomed

Salam

well i got a question i dont know about so maybe some of you may help

i was sitting at school talking to my friends untill somehow a talk about hell started one of my friends sayd hell is eternal the other sayd its a part time does anyone know?

SweetAmirah

This is a very broad topic that you will need to ask a scholar or someone very knowledgable about the hadits....

I could give you what I heard but I have no proof:p

Good luck!!

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
“Verily, Allaah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills”

[al-Nisa’ 4:48]

If a sinner (who is Muslim) enters Hell, he will not abide therein forever like the kuffaar, and those who will abide therein like murderers, adulterers and suicides will not abide therein forever like the kuffaar; rather it is an eternity which will have an end according to Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah – in contrast to the Khawaarij and Mu’tazilah and the innovators who follow their path, because the saheeh mutawaatir ahaadeeth narrated from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) indicate that he will intercede for the sinners among his ummah and that Allaah will accept that intercession from him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) a number of times; each time He will specify a number who are to be brought forth from Hell. Similarly the rest of the Messengers, the believers and the angels will all intercede by Allaah’s leave, and He will accept their intercession for whomsoever He will among the believers in Tawheed who have entered Hell because of their sins but are Muslims. Then there will remain in Hell those sinners who are not included in the intercession of the intercessors, but Allaah will bring them forth by His Mercy and Kindness, and there will be none left in Hell but the kuffaar who will abide therein forever and ever. Allaah says concerning the kuffaar (interpretation of the meaning):

“whenever it abates, We shall increase for them the fierceness of the Fire”

[al-Isra’ 17:97]

“So taste you (the results of your evil actions). No increase shall We give you, except in torment”

[al-Naba’ 78:30]

And He says concerning the kuffaar who worshipped idols (interpretation of the meaning):

“Thus Allaah will show them their deeds as regrets for them. And they will never get out of the Fire”

[al-Baqarah 2:167]

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, those who disbelieve, if they had all that is in the earth, and as much again therewith to ransom themselves thereby from the torment on the Day of Resurrection, it would never be accepted of them, and theirs would be a painful torment.

They will long to get out of the Fire, but never will they get out therefrom; and theirs will be a lasting torment”

[al-Maa'idah 5:36-37]

So wat this all mean is that believers, who commit major sins eventually will go to paradise because the prophets, angel and righteous people with intercede for them with Allaah’s permission, except those who disbelieve in Allaah and make shirk…

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

The Hell-fire is indeed eternal. Some scholars have said otherwise although the majority agree that it is eternal. Alaah said,

Verily, the Mujrimûn (criminals, sinners, disbelievers, etc.) will be in the torment of Hell to abide therein forever.
[Soorah Az-Zukhruf 43:74]

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum, i learned the exact same thing as iislam4ever...That those who fall into hell who are muslim, who believed in Allah as the only Ilah will not remain in jahannam forever.

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
According to my understanding, the hell fire is ETERNAL only for the true disbelievers, not naughty muslims. There is a hadith that states some people will enter the hell fire, once they have been purified from their sins, they will inshala leave the hell fire and approach Paradise. They will be washed in the rivers of paradise....then they will be given whatever they asked for...They will dwell in Heaven, the people who entered Paradise before them will recognise them as those who were saved from the eternal fire by the mercy of Allah! Allahu Akbr! and Allah sw knows best

As-salaamu `alaykum.

The Hell-fire is indeed eternal. Some scholars have said otherwise although the majority agree that it is eternal. Alaah said,

Verily, the Mujrimûn (criminals, sinners, disbelievers, etc.) will be in the torment of Hell to abide therein forever.
[Soorah Az-Zukhruf 43:74]

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
That is correct, however I didn't say it is eternal for those who don't commit shirk. The believers will be taken out of the fire. Imaam Al-Bukhaari recorded a hadeeth wherein the Messenger of Allaah said in this regard,

"I know the person who will be the last to be taken out of the Hellfire..."