10.000 Faatiha For His Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiLKi

Local Stranger
In The name of Allah the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful.

Hi brothers and sisters. I have an idea hope you will like and join it. I want to us to pray for our prophet Mohammed(Saw). I am wishing to pray 10.000 El-Faatiha (الفاتحة) for his soul. Come on Muslimah sisters and borthers. Let's share this number. And make Muhammed(saw)'s soul rejoice.

1. بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِِ
2. الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
3. الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ
4. مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ
5. إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ
6. اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ
7. صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

PS: This is the opening sura of Qoran.

I am taking 100 for now.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
every one letter we gain 10 hasanat (for reading the quran :))
mashallah brother you got a big challenge ahead of you, may Allah reward you :D
:salam2:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2: found the perfect fatwa.

Question:
In your 'Innovations' sections, you say it's bidah to recite, say a 100 times or something, suras hoping for reward. After reading a Sufi book by Hakim Moinuddin Chishti called 'Sufi Healing", I saw that it justified using such formulas by saying that the formulas and other things had been inspired by Allah through dreams or etc. to certain Muslims who were very close to Allah. Would this make it a part of Shariah? How can we know that they are being truthful? Is this acceptable in Islam?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

1. Allaah described His awliyaa’ (close friends) as having two characteristics: Eemaan (faith) and Taqwa (piety, awareness of Allaah). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“No doubt! Verily, the Awliyaa’ of Allaah [i.e., those who believe in the Oneness of Allaah and fear Allaah much and love Allaah much], nor fear shall be upon them nor shall they grieve, - those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah) and used to fear Allaah much” [Yoonus 10:62-63]

2. The true awliyaa’ of Allaah do not go against what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against innovated matters in religion, because Allaah has perfected His religion and completed His favour upon His slaves. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” [al-Maa’idah 5:3].

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not a part of it, will have it rejected.”

3. Therefore one can distinguish between the walee (close friend) of Allaah and the walee of the Shaytaan, by looking at the person’s character, behaviour and religious commitment – does he pray regularly in jamaa’ah in the mosque, for example? Does he avoid wrongfully consuming people’s property? Does he avoid going against Islam by either adding or taking away anything? And so on…

4. It is not permissible for a Muslim to innovate any dhikr to recite regularly or to tell others to do so – such as awraad/wird, ma’thooraat or du’aas. The adhkaar that were reported in the saheeh Sunnah are sufficient for this, otherwise a person is an innovator or one who calls others to bid’ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not a part of it, will have it rejected.” (Narrated by Al-Bukhaari, 2550; Muslim, 1718). According to a report narrated by Muslim: “Whoever does any action that is not in accordance with this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected.”

Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“This hadeeth represents one of the most important principles in Islam. It is like a scale against which the external appearances of deeds are measured, just as the hadeeth “Actions are but by intention” is the scale against which the inner motivations of actions are measured. Just as every deed which is not done for the sake of Allaah will bring no reward for the one who does it, so also every deed which is not in accordance with the way of Allaah and His Messenger will be rejected and thrown back at the one who does it. Anyone who innovates new things in the religion and does things for which Allaah and His Messenger have not granted permission, this is not a part of the religion at all.” (Jaami’ al-‘Uloom wa’l-Hukam, 1/180).

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“This hadeeth is one of the most important basic principles of Islam, and it is one of the most concise and comprehensive sayings of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It clearly states that innovations and newly invented matters will be rejected. The second report adds another idea, which is that some of those who follow the innovations of others may become stubborn when they are presented with the evidence of the first report which says, “Whoever innovates something…” They may say, “I am not innovating anything”. But he may in this case be presented with the evidence of the second report, which says, “Whoever does any action…” This clearly shows that all innovated actions will be rejected, whether the one who does them innovates them himself or is following someone else who innovated it… This hadeeth is one that should be learned by heart and used to denounce evil actions and be spread as evidence so that all people may use it.” (Sharh Muslim, 12/16).

5. Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“No doubt adhkaar and du’aa’s are among the best forms of worship, and worship is one of the matters in which there is no room for personal opinions – we have to follow what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did and taught, not our own whims and desires or innovations. The du’aa’s and adhkaar of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are the best that anyone could find. The one who follows this way will be safe and sound, and the benefits and positive results that he will gain are beyond description. Any other du’aa’s and adhkaar may be haraam or they may be makrooh; they may involve shirk even though most people do not realize that – the details of this would take too long to explain here.

No one has the right to teach the people any kinds of du’aa’s or adhkaar apart from those that are mentioned in the Sunnah, or to make it a kind of regular worship which he expects the people to do regularly as they do the five daily prayers – this is the innovation in religion which Allaah does not allow… As for adopting a wird or regularly reciting a dhikr that is not prescribed in sharee’ah, this is one of the things that is not allowed. The du’aa’s and adhkaar prescribed by sharee’ah are the best that anyone could ever hope to find, and no one ignores them in favour of newly-invented, innovated adhkaar except one who is ignorant, negligent or a wrongdoer.” (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/510-511).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
What is bid3a?

salam aleikum

Bidaa means innovation ...

It is not permissible for a Muslim to innovate any dhikr to recite regularly or to tell others to do so – such as awraad/wird, ma’thooraat or du’aas. The adhkaar that were reported in the saheeh Sunnah are sufficient for this, otherwise a person is an innovator or one who calls others to bid’ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not a part of it, will have it rejected.” (Narrated by Al-Bukhaari, 2550; Muslim, 1718). According to a report narrated by Muslim: “Whoever does any action that is not in accordance with this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected.”

Sister please read the fatwa in brother OSman post ,i think it explains everything ...

waaleikum salam

:wasalam:

TiLKi

Local Stranger
I am not doing innovation. How can you say this? Why wouldnt we make dua for our prophet? 10000 is only a number. it can be 10001 or 100 or 500 or 123587 or 587963. I am trying to do sth good for Muhammed(saw). Why dont you pray for him? and Fatiha is read for dead people also.
I really can not understand why you think so.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Taken from the link i posted.

Note:

1) I have not pasted the whole question because it is quite long.

Question:

Brother my question is fairly long and I hope inshallah you will be able to answer it to the best of your knowledge using hadith and Quranic proof to backup what you are saying and please use as much proof as you possible can.

See the problem that I am facing is regarding the way in which my parents perform Ibadah and this way that they perform it they would like me to do the same but I personally did not feel that it went in accordance with the sunnah....

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The purpose for which we were created is to worship Allaah alone with no partner or associate, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

Allaah has not left us each to choose his own way of worship, rather He has sent His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and revealed His holy Book, to show people the way and guide them. So there is nothing that is worship and goodness and guidance that Allaah loves, but it has been explained by the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

No two Muslims dispute that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is the best and most pious of mankind, the one who worshipped Allaah and turned to Him the most. Hence the one who is truly guided is the one who follows his path and walks in his footsteps.

Adhering to the path of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is not something that is optional, rather it is an obligation that Allaah has enjoined upon His slaves, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it). And fear Allaah; verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”

[al-Hashr 59:7]

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”

[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

“Indeed in the Messenger of Allaah (Muhammad) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for (the Meeting with) Allaah and the Last Day”

[al-Ahzaab 33:21]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that every innovated kind of worship would be rejected and thrown back at the one who does it, no matter what it is. He said: “Every action that is not in accordance with this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] will be rejected.” Narrated by Muslim, 1718, from the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her).

No deed will be accepted unless it is done sincerely for the sake of Allaah and in accordance with the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This is what is meant by the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“that He may test you which of you is best in deed”

[al-Mulk 67:2]

Al-Fudayl ibn ‘Iyyaad said: (This means) that which is most sincere and most correct. They said, O Abu ‘Ali, what most sincere and most correct? He said: If a deed is not sincere and not correct, it will not be accepted. If it is correct but is not sincere, it will not be accepted unless it is both sincere and correct. Sincere means that it is done for the sake of Allaah and correct means that it is in accordance with the Sunnah.

Whoever wants to attain the pleasure of Allaah, he has to adhere to the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). All paths to Allaah are blocked, except this path, the path of His Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=11938&ln=eng

I haven't pasted the whole answer, but i would strongly recommend you read the whole question and then the answer because it is very clear. The other posts have been beneficial too. Alhamdulilah.

EDIT: Please sister do read the whole Fatawa because you will understand why we all only recite supplications which have been authentically reported. What you mentioned - there is no proof for this. I can’t reiterate the need for you to read the whole Fatawa as it will absolutely relate to what you are saying and why this is wrong. This is a reminder to myself before i tell others, as we all need to know.

Walaykum Salam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
I am not doing innovation. How can you say this? Why wouldnt we make dua for our prophet? 10000 is only a number. it can be 10001 or 100 or 500 or 123587 or 587963. I am trying to do sth good for Muhammed(saw). Why dont you pray for him? and Fatiha is read for dead people also.
I really can not understand why you think so.

salaam alikom

Sister jazaaki Allah khair on your good intention we all know that was your intention inshaALlah,

The prophet peace be up on him didnt left anything except he told us about it, even when praying for our prophet peace be up on him , he said Pray on me where ever you are your prayer will be delievered to me, the companion asked him how, he peace be up on him to them by say Salaat Wa salaam Alaa Rasoll Allah Sallah Allah Alaihee Wa Salam.

He told us to say the last part of Tashud whic we say during prayer

للهم صل على محمد وعلى آل محمد، كما صليت على إبراهيم وعلى آل إبراهيم، وبارك على محمد وعلى آل محمد، كما باركت على إبراهيم

وعلى آل إبراهيم، في العالمين إنك حميد مجيد

"Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin “O Allah, let Your mercy come upon Muhammad

Wa 'ala ali Muhammadin and the family of Muhammad

Kama sallaita 'ala Ibrahima as You let it come upon Ibrahim

wa 'ala ali Ibrahima and the family of Ibrahim

wa barik 'ala Muhammadin O Allah, bless Muhammad

wa 'ala ali Muhammadin and the family of Muhammad

Kama barakta ' ala Ibrahima as You blessed Ibrahim

Wa ' ala ali Ibrahima and the family of Ibrahim.

Fil a'lamina Innaka Truly You are

hamidun Majid." Praiseworthy and Glorious.”

This how he told us to pray on him and this is the way his companion followed after him, when ever we make salaam on the prophet peace be up on him Allah pray on us too.

Read more here for praying on the prophet peace be up on him

Click here >>
Reward for Sending Blessings on the Prophet salla ALLAHu alaihi wa sallam

Status
Not open for further replies.