////10 tips for lowering the Gaze////

suhayb08

2moro mite neva be..
:salam2:

10 tips for lowering the Gaze

There are means which help a person to lower his gaze, and we ask Allaah to help you to do them:

1 – Bearing in mind the fact that Allaah is watching you, that He sees you and is with you (by His knowledge) wherever you go. It may be a secretive glance of which your neighbour is unaware, but Allaah knows of it. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the hearts conceal” [Ghaafir 40:19]

2 – Seeking the help of Allaah, beseeching Him and calling upon Him (du’aa’). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And your Lord said: Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation).” [Ghaafir 40:60]

3 – You should know that every blessing you enjoy comes from Allaah, and requires that you should give thanks. Part of the gratitude for the blessing of sight means that you should protect it from looking at that which Allaah has forbidden. Is there any reward for good, other than good? [cf. al-Rahmaan 55:60] Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whatever of blessings and good things you have, it is from Allaah” [al-Nahl 16:53]

4 – Striving with your self and training yourself to lower your gaze and be patient in doing so, and not giving up. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning:

“As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our paths (i.e. Allaah’s religion — Islamic Monotheism)” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:69]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever seeks to be chaste, Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks to be independent of means, Allaah will make him independent of means, and whoever strives to be patient, Allaah will make him patient…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1400)

5 – Avoiding places where a person feels he will be exposed to the temptation of looking, if he can manage to avoid them, such as going to marketplaces or malls, and sitting in the street. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of sitting in the street.” They said, “We have no alternative; that is where we sit and talk.” He said, “If you insist on sitting there, then give the street its rights.” They said, “What are the rights of the street?” He said, “Lowering the gaze and refraining from causing offence…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2333; Muslim, 2121).

6 – You should realize that you have no choice in this matter, regardless of what the circumstances are and no matter how great the temptation or motive to do evil, and no matter what emotions and overwhelming desires stir in your heart. You must lower your gaze and refrain from looking at haraam things in all places and at all times. You cannot use excuses such as the environment being corrupt or justify your mistakes by saying that there is a lot of temptation around. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error” [al-Ahzaab 33:36]

7 – Doing a lot of naafil acts of worship, because doing a lot of them whilst also regularly doing obligatory acts of worship is a means of protecting one's physical faculties. According to a hadeeth qudsi, Allaah said: “… and My slave continues to draw close to Me with supererogatory (naafil) works so that I shall love him. And when I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask (something) of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it.” (al-Bukhaari, 6137

8 – Remembering that the earth on which sin is committed will bear witness. Allaah says:

“That Day it will declare its information (about all that happened over it of good or evil)” [al-Zalzalah 99:4]

9 – Remembering the angels who are recording your deeds. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge of mankind) to watch you, Kiraaman (Honourable) Kaatibeen —writing down (your deeds), They know all that you do” [al-Infitaar 82:10-12]

10 – Bearing in mind some of the texts which forbid letting the gaze wander freely, such as the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things)”[al-Noor 24:30]

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:ma:!! Jazakallahu Khairan!! The summer is a fitnah for everyone!! May Allah protect us from evil, Ameen!

wardah noor

Muslimah 4 life
:salam2: brother

:mashallah: Thank you for posting such a very helpful post, may Allah reward you...Inchallah.

Jazakallahu Khair.

:ma:!! Jazakallahu Khairan!! The summer is a fitnah for everyone!! May Allah protect us from evil, Ameen!

Ameen....I agree with you the summer is truely fitnah for everyone, some brothers in my college were talking about it last week.

lowering the gaze is hard but i think its harder on the brothers, i pray that Allah will make is easy for brothers and sisters....Ameen :tti_sister:
:wasalam:

a_brother

Make dua for us all

LOL, I used to ride my bike to school so the "seen" goes by quick where there is no chance for another look...LOL... if some of the brothers wants to use this "trick" :D

When i used to go to the University Gym, I would leave my glasses in my car and go in... LOL... I can see without them, but i would need to pay attention... I guess you can't use this one unless if you wear glasses... LOL

Salam