30 days as a Muslim

Shannonx

:salam2:
I'm just curious, have any of you seen that episode of '30 days' called '30 days as a Muslim'? It's with the guy that did the movie Supersize Me, and a male Christian went to live with a Muslim family and learned how to pray, dressed like a Muslim, etc.

I saw it on youtube, but it got deleted. :(
Have any of you seen it?

mohsofi_abdullah

I have seen it...
It's an experiment life for the dude, who, after the whole thing was over, got back in the bar drinking beer...
However, at least, now, he understands what is being a muslim is about.
He thought the muslims were trying to get into his head though, but the whole thing wasn't really clear. They focused more on his clever gestures in avoiding praying or some other stuff, relevant to Islam.
But, I'm not quite sure, if the dude was supposedly muslim to the muslim couples who let him stay in their house.
I thought, he was made to appear as a revert or something?
not sure, sorry.

ShyHijabi

I have seen it...
It's an experiment life for the dude, who, after the whole thing was over, got back in the bar drinking beer...
However, at least, now, he understands what is being a muslim is about.
He thought the muslims were trying to get into his head though, but the whole thing wasn't really clear. They focused more on his clever gestures in avoiding praying or some other stuff, relevant to Islam.
But, I'm not quite sure, if the dude was supposedly muslim to the muslim couples who let him stay in their house.
I thought, he was made to appear as a revert or something?
not sure, sorry.

Salaam,

Actually the family he stayed with was very aware that he was a "fish out of water" so to speak. They explained Islam to him and tried (and succeeded) in revealing the humanity of Islam. I thought the show was great and it answered a few questions for me pre-conversion.

I know people here will judge him because when he returned to his ife he returned to drinking and eating pork but I think a very important lesson was learned on his behalf. Before he felt fear and maybe even a little bit of hatred for Muslims because the only thing he saw was the media's presentation of Islam. Ugh.

At the end of the show he said that he was impressed with their piety and hard work ethic. He said that America could definitely use more people like them and that he had really had his mind opened. There were small steps taken but that is usually how the longest journey begins. If nothing else the show presented a wonderful opportunity of dawah to millions of Americans.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Shannonx

<<I thought the show was great and it answered a few questions for me pre-conversion.>>
Same here. I first saw it before I reverted.

Maybe he isn't a Muslim now, but atleast he got a lot of knowledge from Muslims by living with them, and meeting them at the mosque. I thought the show was great. I was annoyed though by the random people they'd ask questions too, a lot of them were so ignorant.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I remember watching that episode a long time ago. I am glad he felt the frustration a Muslim goes through when he went around the town trying to get people to sign a petition (correct me if I am wrong).

I saw those same expressions he got when he tried to speak to people. They were probably thinking "What the heck is a "white" man betraying us (aka stray away from the church)." I am serious I have been asked that before. It hurts, but I got over it.

:wasalam:

gazkour

I remember watching that episode a long time ago. I am glad he felt the frustration a Muslim goes through when he went around the town trying to get people to sign a petition (correct me if I am wrong).

:wasalam:
It is correct sister. The guy felt very frustrated in that occasion.
At the end they actually showed him keeping a copy of the Coran among his other books.
I really loved the show, I think It was quite a lesson for him. I even was hoping he would convert some day to Islam !EnshaAllah .
Allah knows best.

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

I saw it and there's something similar out now from England called "Make me a Muslim". Its a whole group of people being exposed to Islam.

Wa Salaam Alaikum
D4E

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

Yes but make me a muslim was about extreme jahil Kufaar, ie a gay, prostitute and an alcoholic pork addict! being placxed in a so called muslim enviroment.