5000 free Qurans given over the weekend!

booya

Assalamualaikum

just last weekend the brothers and sisters from the Why Islam team set up a booth in a Book Festival in the US. They gave out free Qurans and Islamic brochures. I asked a brother and he said over 2000 were given out on the first day Alhamdulillah!

I stayed around to watch and help out, and masha Allah they never stop unpacking boxes and boxes of Qurans. I think most of the visitors were genuinely interested..I heard lots of stories where they always wanted to read it, they wanted to give it as a gift, etc.

Here are some pictures from the booth
3478379463_19912c8a42.jpg

3478379037_c636b58d84.jpg

3478378791_ec1bbcc9a2.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13733286@N07/

Toya23

WOW!!

Mashallah..That is such great news. I pray that all of those who received a Qur'an reads it with an open mind and heart, and that they are guided to the truth. Inshallah

MSN91

That's good news!!!Thanks for sharing.
By the way does anybody know how much a copy of the Qura'an costs in the us if bought??

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
That's good news!!!Thanks for sharing.
By the way does anybody know how much a copy of the Qura'an costs in the us if bought??

:salam2:
I have the same question? where do i get a good copy of the quran with some tafseer, english transliteration and translation, I would like to give it to some friends too
the only one i have found is, its from dar-ul-salam website but its $50 USD and it wud cost like around 70 bux with shipping and stuff which is alot?

any help?

salek

excellent efforts by why islalm organizations. May Allah swt give them reward. hope these 5000 coppies of quran can change lives of many americans. thanks for the thread and photos, brother.

booya

You're welcome brothers and sisters..
There are more photos on the Flickr link :)

Subhanallah that day I was just all smiles..it's incredible to see how people are genuinely interested in finding out more. There were people that were a little shy, but once they were told that its free, they came in and picked up a copy. There was a Catholic lady who said "I always wanted to read....I think it's a beauutiful religion." There was this Jewish lady who felt "bad" that she got it for free and actually wanted to donate money!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asslamu Alaikum:)

SUBHANA'ALLAH! WalhamduliAllah! walahu Akbra!
MashaAllah! that is GREAT news:)
TabarakaAllah for sharing:)
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:)

Almeftah

Mashallah.. May Allah reward those brothers and sister on their work and grant them Jannat Adn... Great effort for a greater cause.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assa'am 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I am kind of speech less after reading that. MashaAllah that is really great. 5000 is a large amount.

JazakiAllahu khair for sharing this with us.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh