6.12. the independent day of Finland

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam friends

Today is independent day of Finland. I would like to tell about old tradition what we have for this day.

At every year just at this day most of Finnish put 2 candles to windows. It comes from time when Finland was under Russian occupation. Those 2 candles told to our resistance fighters that from that home you will get help; shelter, food, medical care and people in this home you can trust.

At 2008 most of houses here you can see lights at evening for this reason.

"I am here who ever you are. I care about your fighting. You are the most welcomed."

At this evening I too put 2 candles to my window.

You are welcomed if you need my help.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Thanks.

love070.gif

AKHI

Allahuakhbar
Indeed a very touching tradition. The candle reminds those of the time your people struggle for the independence of your country with the common people supporting their course for a better future. Now, the tradition continue & proof that how modern we are now, we always remember our past of our forefather.

Too bad no such tradition here in Singapore.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: ah, so you are from finland, my dear! i was wondering about that as i had always thought you were palestinian because of your great love for our brothers and sisters there and your continuous documenting of what is happening there and sharing it with us.

well, now i understand that your people also know what it is like to live under an occupation as do mine (the irish).... :( congratulations on the independence of finland, how many years has it been? i wish the same for palestine and for ireland and for all stolen lands, Insha Allah.

:wasalam:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Finland became independent at 1917.

:shymuslima1: By the way, it wasn´t the first time someone is thinking that I am Palestinian.

:)