786 - Whats this??

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:
This has been bugging me for years.....what does this 786 thing mean??? I see it only in asian shops, no where else I know has it. Im too embarrassed to ask my friends, they will probably laugh at me. Someone told me it had something to do with :shahadah: but then if it is ...why hide??? Please explain...
:jazaak:
A

amyaishazouaoui

Jazakallah, that has cleared it up.
I knew it was a pile of bllllaaaaahhhh, just wondered why so many shops were at number 786....like is it one big house or something?????
Alhamdulillah!
Wasalam
A

shariffah

this number has been widely use in my country - malaysia.. indian-muslim love to use this number in their restorant or cafe... jez for your general knowledge...

amyaishazouaoui

I know its biddah, but now I know what it is, I can go and blaze all them people who put it everywhere, research first so you know what u talking about then make dawah. No good me going out there when I dont know what it is innit??????

Noor to shine

I think that we muslems should stick to the pure sources of Islam Quarn and correct Sunna since due to ignorance many Bidaas were added to islam.

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

khiz

Salam Alaikum

When i was in school i have seen one of my friend writing LAY on every page before he starts writing on it.

i have heard that 786 is similar to LAY coz in Urdu L=8 A=8 Y=6 when any one wrties numbers 786 in urdu they look like LAY some people say LAY is a short from of lailahaillallah

i agree with hussain mohammed .Its Bidah, an innovation which has no place in Islam.

brother hussain i coud not understand this:
h-5, r-200, r-10, k-20, r-200, sh-300, n-50, a-1 = Aggregate of 786 in the post The wrong Belief of 786

I liked your post but i did not like the above line.... i think this is wrong and. to prove that it is bidah you must not make false quotations.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Jazakumullah khair, but its not by me but one of the sheikhs. I am nobody to even say things of my own aazobillah. Even I do not understand that sentence which you mentioned. Insha Allah Taala I will try to look more into it and find out the meaning.
Barakallahu feek