9 on terror charges

umm hussain

BIRMINGHAM, England - Counterterrorism police arrested nine men in an alleged kidnapping plot Wednesday — a plan that reportedly involved torturing and beheading a British Muslim soldier and broadcasting the killing on the Internet.

The kidnapping plot was the first of its kind to be uncovered in Britain, according to counterterrorism officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

Police would not confirm the potential victim's occupation or details of the plot that was unraveled in the predominantly Pakistani neighborhood in central England. A dozen houses and two Islamic bookshops were cordoned off and being searched.

Since suicide bombers killed 52 people in London on July 7, 2005 — killings carried out by Muslim extremists who grew up in Britain — counterterrorism units have conducted several raids across Britain. Several sweeps have been conducted in Birmingham, including a raid in August, when suspects were arrested in a major plot to use liquid explosives to blow up at least 10 planes between the United States and Britain.

The potential victim of the latest plot — a British Muslim soldier — was under police protection, Sky News reported, saying the kidnapping was going to end in an "
Iraq-style" execution. The British Broadcasting Corp. also reported that the plan was to kidnap a soldier.

"The threat of terrorism has been growing over the years," said David Shaw, a police spokesman in Birmingham. The operation took months.

Birmingham is the hometown of Britain's first Muslim soldier to be killed in
Afghanistan last year — a death that prompted militant Islamist Web sites to denounce Cpl. Jabron Hashmi, 24, as a traitor. One site — that of extremist British sect al-Ghurabaa — posted an image of the soldier surrounded by flames.

Last year, a London street vendor was sentenced to six years in prison in a plot to kill a decorated British soldier. Abu Baker Mansha was accused of targeting Cpl. Mark Byles, whose address and other materials, were found in Mansha's apartment.

Byles was awarded a military cross for bravery following an attack in which several Iraqi insurgents were killed — exploits covered by British newspapers. One of the articles with Byles' name was circled and found in Mansha's apartment.

The Defense Ministry said 330 Muslims are serving in the British armed forces. It would not comment on reports that the intended victim was a soldier.

Dozens of people have been kidnapped in Iraq, and captors have often broadcast their pictures on the Internet.

One widely publicized kidnap-slaying was that of 62-year-old Kenneth Bigley from Liverpool. He was abducted from a Baghdad suburb where he was working in September 2004 and beheaded three weeks later. His death was captured on video.

"People don't trust their own children any more," said Shabir Hussain, chairman of the Ludlow Road Mosque in Birmingham. "You feel like you should challenge your son or daughter: `Where are you going at night? What are you watching on TV? What are you doing on the Internet?'

In a raid last year in London, a man was shot by police, sparking complaints from Muslim communities across the country.

"The police and government seem to be against Muslims and are trying to turn us against one another," said Kadir Mohammad, 18, who lives in one of the raided neighborhoods.

Britain's MI5 has said it set up a network of eight new regional offices across the country in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, including a center in the West Midlands.

The service had previously had regional branches in Northern Ireland, but uses the new offices to liaise with police in counterterrorism work.

Prime Minister
Tony Blair's official spokesman declined to comment on the police operation.

Sky TV reported that British investigators contacted Pakistani intelligence agents four days ago about the plot. The Foreign Office would not confirm there were such discussions.

In Islamabad, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam said, "The British authorities have confirmed to us that there is no Pakistan connection." She gave no other details on the contact between authorities in the two countries.

source
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070131...NfSQe.s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
How can one verify the authenticity of the news? How much of truth is there in these kind of news? I mean to say is it really being done by the muslims what the officials are claiming at ?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
How can one verify the authenticity of the news? How much of truth is there in these kind of news? I mean to say is it really being done by the muslims what the officials are claiming at ?

Asalamu alaykum,

The London Bomb plot was done by 4 Muslims in UK, but what the news does not show is that the 5th man, who was alleged mastermind worked with British intelligence, MI5.

Just as most of those loud mouthed extremists are on the payroll of the gov.

Wasalam.

amyaishazouaoui

I live in the alum rock area, there have been police all over today, watching, giving evil looks. polic everywhere, acing like its normal on the beat. not nice, theyre never there when the abuse comes from the football fans etc are they?????? nooooooooo

needless to say i got out my police vehicle spotters book today, and completey finised the riot van section!!!! i jest not!!!!!

Anyway, it will all blow over in a few weeks time. I just hope that the people are treated fairly.IF they were out to cause trouble then fair enough. IF not then i hope inshallah hey get released and full apologies and compensation. If I get owt on the grape vine ove the next few days.....i will inform!!

visionusman

being content
This is another extremely unfortunate event. I think things will only get worse. You know we as muslims are not allowed to loose hope, but things do look gloomy. Why do muslims do things like this? I have a theory.

I think against the common perception amongst most muslims that they are being wronged in one way or the other, it is always easy to find idiots. Just like Hitler was able to recruit so many nazis in to his army. No one can now say that all germans are or were nazis. Such a proposition would be considered ludicrous. I would agree. However the phenomenon is probably similar. The Germans thought that the jews had taken advantage of them and consequently so many sided with the nazi theory. The white races around the missisipi were able to form the Klu Klux clan. And presently some idiots are able to form terrorist organisations. It's just a theory.

amyaishazouaoui

our youth

:salam2:
Unfortunately, I think the problem is that the youth where his is mainly coming from, do not know their deen. They seem to lose rack of islam thru excess culture and then cannot seem to get back on the right path. TTake their role modles from people like bin laden and the like.These are their heros. Alum rock is one of the original pakistani ghettos and still is a ghetto!!!!! Sorry to say, but it is. It i full of mainly lower class type people and the main ethnic white poplation are mainly heroin addicts and reverts. The alum rock road is a place for cheap prostitution and drug dealing at night time......why don't they try to reduce thi instead of trying to blow someone or something up??????

I have seen it all here, brothers with beards, topis and kamis chating up the next preeeeeeetiiiieeee girl on the street, dealing, chatting discusting stuff, blasting 50 cent from their window. They seem to think that all these things are acceptable???????????? Go figure.......no go read quran!!
Subhanallah. I am not surpried that this is happenening. We need to, all of us, ge off our backsides and ge into youth work, .....back in a bit........................................................................................................................

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:
Unfortunately, I think the problem is that the youth where his is mainly coming from, do not know their deen. They seem to lose rack of islam thru excess culture and then cannot seem to get back on the right path. TTake their role modles from people like bin laden and the like.These are their heros. Alum rock is one of the original pakistani ghettos and still is a ghetto!!!!! Sorry to say, but it is. It i full of mainly lower class type people and the main ethnic white poplation are mainly heroin addicts and reverts. The alum rock road is a place for cheap prostitution and drug dealing at night time......why don't they try to reduce thi instead of trying to blow someone or something up??????

I have seen it all here, brothers with beards, topis and kamis chating up the next preeeeeeetiiiieeee girl on the street, dealing, chatting discusting stuff, blasting 50 cent from their window. They seem to think that all these things are acceptable???????????? Go figure.......no go read quran!!
Subhanallah. I am not surpried that this is happenening. We need to, all of us, ge off our backsides and ge into youth work, .....back in a bit........................................................................................................................

.............. we need to give our youth something to do, something to understand. os of our mosques have khutbas in anguages that i cont understand, nor can alot of the 3rd or ven 4th genreation youth.. Make the mosque more enjoyable for them to go to instead of learning lines of quran, give them enjoyable explainations, we are allowed to enjoy ourselves in islam. Muslim scouts seem to be doing a good job but the few adults who run and help out get dumped on. Nothing is for free, we all have to work for it. Last f all, know where ur kids/sister and bros are. know who they hang round with......if you cannot teach them wha hey need to know, lern your self anf then teach.

I do recall a few weeks ao asking why one of my 12 year old students why she had watched the hanging of saddam and again today nother, why she was looking at a picture of a baby being cut on its head by those strange muslims who cu themselves!!!!!

Our kids are not supervised

visionusman

being content
.............. we need to give our youth something to do, something to understand. os of our mosques have khutbas in anguages that i cont understand, nor can alot of the 3rd or ven 4th genreation youth.. Make the mosque more enjoyable for them to go to instead of learning lines of quran, give them enjoyable explainations, we are allowed to enjoy ourselves in islam. Muslim scouts seem to be doing a good job but the few adults who run and help out get dumped on. Nothing is for free, we all have to work for it. Last f all, know where ur kids/sister and bros are. know who they hang round with......if you cannot teach them wha hey need to know, lern your self anf then teach.

I do recall a few weeks ao asking why one of my 12 year old students why she had watched the hanging of saddam and again today nother, why she was looking at a picture of a baby being cut on its head by those strange muslims who cu themselves!!!!!

Our kids are not supervised
SubhanallAllah! Sister I totally agree. The Pakistanis who originally came to the UK were mostly from in and around a place called Mirpur in Pakistan. No offence to anyone, but the place had a very poor economy, with no education and really very lttle development. The people there were mostly totally uneducated and had few skills. Remember most of these people came in the 60s and thus Pakistan had not been independendant for that long at the time. The people in Punjab and the Pakhtoon areas had cultivable land and thus did not wish to leave. Others who were educated had, at the time, an excelllent life style and thus had no incentive to go to the West (especially because the West at the time mostly needed manual labour). The religious clergy still had reservations about the UK (having fought so hard for independance from them). And thus they did not wish to interact with the West at the time.

Despite what the media might show, most of the freedom struggle against the British occupation of India was carried out by the muslims and not the hindus. One example is that of the great muslim warrior known as Tipu Sultan. Did you know that the unit which fought him, brought along not only his sword but also his clothes for display in a museum here in the UK? Only they knewthe tactics which led to Tipu Sultan's defeat. Had it not been for an unfortunate betrayel by Mir Sadiq, the British might never have been able to conquer his territory and might even have been fought off the entire region. These were the early days of the very long occupation. His story is truly remarkable and infact quite relevant as the British had even resorted to holding his two sons for ransom. Even though Tipu Sultan paid off the ransom his sons were not released and he had to fight. Any way that's another story, for another day.

My point from all this discussion is that the first generation muslims in Britain were the least equipped to handle the change they had to experience. No religious knowledge, no education of any kind and a totall lack of insight . With no religious knowledge to fall back on to, they confused the ignorant ways of their village life to represent their religion (eg forced marraiges and the lot). The early days were actually the best of times for Daawwah work. Alas, no effort was made to actually represent Islam properly, nor to spread the message. They could'nt even properly train their own children.

The Prophet SAW once said that the most important gift a father gives to his children is their education and training. We however are facing an entire lost generation. I think we should be very grateful to people like you for conitnuing to teach and try. May Allah reward you inshallah.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Asalamu alaykum,

The London Bomb plot was done by 4 Muslims in UK, but what the news does not show is that the 5th man, who was alleged mastermind worked with British intelligence, MI5.

Just as most of those loud mouthed extremists are on the payroll of the gov.

Wasalam.

Exactly, you are right brother. These extremists are being run by the government. I dont think a muslim, who follows Islam, meaning He or she is a slave of Allah do such kind of terror acts.Its just unbelievable.
There are some fanatic minded people who try to ruin and cast a slur, but ISLAM will stand out as victorious.
What we gotta do is to remove misconceptions and keep up with the Truth. As one Daee said " We always say he did it, they have done it, I did it, but where is Allah in the picture? Everybody cares just about his own self but nobody thinks that what Allah wants is that what have we done for HIS sake, for the sake of Islam, what have we done to His Deen. "
I think we should come up together and rule out such kind of henious acts.
And I think TTI is doing a marvelous job in bringing down misconceptions in the name of Islam.
We are nobody to judge as to what people do. We may not know the hidden motives behind any kind of activities. There are lots of conspiracies going on of which we cant even imagine.
What we need now is to have Faith in Allah and care about our Deen. Not mingle about what the corrupted media of west speaks.
We need to be united in these kind of situations and help our fellow muslim brothers and sisters in spreading the true message of Islam.