A certain form of Mysticism

Believer1985

:salam2: dear brothers and sisters,

I have been interested in various forms of mysticism belonging to various religions, for example for Islam the mysticism will be Sufism. I have done rather a lot of research, until one day someone introduced me to a certain form of mysticism they studied. I do not know this person on a personal basis, in fact they are a celebrity that I seem to be really interested in (please do not judge me here). The mysticism they follow is called Kabbalah. I was especially intrigued when I learned that you can be a follower of any religion to become a Kabbalist, so I rang a branch of theirs to speak to an agent. I also done some online research (www.kabbalah.com) and read many books.
The reason I make this thread is because this form of mysticism seems very Judaic to me. I don't want to be part of something that will convince to become Jewish, of course, but I have learned that Kabbalah shares many similarities to Islam, for instance don't backbite, don't think you're doomed if you've gone through bad luck as it may have happened for the best, don't run away when the going gets tough, be strong instead...

I'd like your views on this, inshalla'allah and I urge you visit this website www.kabbalah.com, to see what you think. Have any of you even heard of this before? I look forward to your replies...
:wasalam:

Steve940

I have taken this from their website that you posted.

The Kabbalah Centre is a spiritual and educational organization dedicated to bringing the wisdom of Kabbalah to the world. The Centre itself has existed for more than 80 years, but its spiritual lineage extends even further — to Rav Isaac Luria, in the 16th century, and through Rav Luria to Rav Shimon Bar Yochai, who revealed the principal text of Kabbalah, the Zohar, more than 2000 years ago.

From an Islamic standpoint, this is sufficient to deem this as unacceptable. We as Muslims are ordered to adhere to the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Mind you that I know nothing about this group that we are discussing, and I don't know any of their practices or their methodology. But any group that doesn't take the Qur'an and Sunnah as their primary means of guidance is surely astray.

:salam2:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
They believe in Dualism and reincarnation?..did you know about that?..and does this sound *Islamic* to you?

I don't understand why anyone needs to venture away from a clear Qura'an and an authentic Sunnah..to a belief so preposterous..it leaves one urging to laugh

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
prophet Muhammed (pbuh) told that muslims will divide into 73 sects.

the right path is that of following Quran and sunnah. and ppl in this path do not go into mysticism.

it deviates a person. mysticism has many innovations and sometimes sorcery also.

may Allah save us all

Believer1985

But thats what I dont get. Why do they say that people from ANY WALK OF LIFE can be followers of them? To attract more people, maybe?

By the way, it isnt doing anyharm to you, so I wouldnt be mean about it.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

This is basically a cult that draws a hodgepodge of different beliefs and tries to put them under the Jewish mystic branch of Kabbalah. But oringinal Kabbalists do not believe much of what these Kaballist centers put forth. They sell "magic water" to cure disease and also red threads that were wrapped around trees on graves of certain rabbis on Jeruselum. (none of this is written in the Kabbalah text)

To the Jews these Kabbalist Centers are crackpots trying to make a quick buck off a very small subculture in Judiasm. And it's not even true Kabbalah but some weirdo's made up nonsense that he tries to pass off as Kaballah. This man even wrote a book called "How to be God." :astag: He apparently does not fear the hellfire. I would avoid it all costs if I were you.

Wasalaam