A Jewish Girl Wants to Learn About Islam

Z

Zhour_Khan

I am a Jew born and live in Europe and I want to learn about the Muslim faith. Any help from this site is appreciated. Just to let you know that I know little about Islam.

Thanks in advance.

:muslim_child:

UmmTaymiyyah

Hi,

Welcome to the site, feel free to ask anything you want, and we will try our best to answer you.

God willing youve come to the right site.

Take care,

UmmTaymiyyah.

Assalamalikum. welcome sister we will try and help you as much as we can. In Islam we all are student. Can i ask you one question which is amazing me is you are a jew yet the name you chose was Zhour khan? That is very interesting. Are you an Arab jew cause a lot of them have muslim names.

Signs

hi welcome i guess you have lots a questions, so ask away and i am sure you will get lots a answers that will help you inshallah may allah guide you on your quest.

Z

Zhour_Khan

No, we are not Arab jew, rather from Indian. I really don't know anything about our family roots.

Submitter

You are very welcome here :) You've come to the right place to learn about Islam. The people on this forum are very friendly and polite so if you have any specific questions or queries that have not already been answered on the forum please do not hesitate to ask us.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Zhour_Khan,

First of all it's good to have you with us, we shall by the will of Allah (swt) try to be of help regards the information on Islam.
I am sure you will find yourself very warmly welcomed and assisted by other brothers and sisters here as well.
As you can also see the links to your left on the main page, there's a lot of intrductionary topics to Islam in general.
Feel free and don't hesitate to ask any specific questions concerning Islam and we shall try and provide you with the adequate information insha'Allah (Allah willing).

Enjoy your stay.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Hello.

lol, :lol: I had to give a double big hello this time.

I hope you find anything you need, ask away becuz asking is the way to learning. Enjoy your time here.

:laughing-dancing:

:SMILY82: :SMILY82:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Shalom to you new sister! You are the most welcome to this wonderfull path called Islam.

hug.gif

from your sister

Z

Zhour_Khan

Thank you all of you for welcoming me. I guess I will have lots of reading to do. My first question to any learned man or woman would be, what is the role of each of muslim to enter the kingdom of heaven?

AishaR

Welcome to the site

There is lots of useful information here for you. Feel free to ask questions you may have.

Take care

A Muslim

SUBHANNALH

:salam2:
May Peace And Blessings of Allah Be Upon You,
1 GOD (ALLAH),THE LAST PROPHET TO COME (MUHAMMAD PBUH) AND THE FINALL BOOK THE QURAN THE LAST TESTEMANT TO BE SENT.AND the five pillars of Islam it is very simple our Religon we are not aloud to make anybody higher then our lord we are a kind peolpe we are one nation of Islam and MAY ALLAH SWT MAKE YOU COME TO THE TRUE RELIGON AND FOLLOW HIS RIGHTEUOS PATH.
AMEEN.
IF ANY SUPPORT WE ARE MOST HAPPY TO ANWSER AND GIVE YOU MORE INFOMATION OF THE QURAN AND THIS TRUE RELIGON .

Z

Zhour_Khan

:salam2:
May Peace And Blessings of Allah Be Upon You,
1 GOD (ALLAH),THE LAST PROPHET TO COME (MUHAMMAD PBUH) AND THE FINALL BOOK THE QURAN THE LAST TESTEMANT TO BE SENT.AND the five pillars of Islam it is very simple our Religon we are not aloud to make anybody higher then our lord we are a kind peolpe we are one nation of Islam and MAY ALLAH SWT MAKE YOU COME TO THE TRUE RELIGON AND FOLLOW HIS RIGHTEUOS PATH.
AMEEN.
IF ANY SUPPORT WE ARE MOST HAPPY TO ANWSER AND GIVE YOU MORE INFOMATION OF THE QURAN AND THIS TRUE RELIGON .

Is it appropriate for a muslim to wish non-muslims peace and blessings of Allah? I thought this greeting is only between muslims! Am I right?

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Zhour_Khan,

That shows your interest to know the truth masha'Allah.
The first step that makes you a muslim is to bear witness openly, willingly and consciously that: 'There is nothing which has the right to be worshipped except Allaah (alone) and Muhammad is His Messenger."
And in arabic you say: "Ashhadu an-Laa ilaaha illAllaaha wa ashhadu anna Muhammadur-Rasoolullaah."

As that is what told us the Prophet (saws): “Bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah, for no person meets Allaah with these two (words), not doubting in them, and is kept away from Paradise.”

That is insha'Allah the first step that will open the door to Paradise (Jannah) to anyone who declares it, and becomes muslim.

And just to understand it a bit more see:
What is a Muslim
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2426

p.s: And then a muslim can greet you with :salam2: (May Peace And Blessings of Allah Be Upon You);)

samiha

---------
Staff member
Is it appropriate for a muslim to wish non-muslims peace and blessings of Allah? I thought this greeting is only between muslims! Am I right?

Yes you are right. Only a Muslim can greet another muslim with assalamu alaykum. However, if a Muslim enters a mixed gathering with both Muslims and non-Muslims than he/she can give the greeting with the intension of directing it to the Muslims. Also if a non-Muslim greets a Muslim with Assalamu Alaykum, the Muslim can say Wa alaykum (and to you).

It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not initiate the greeting to the Jews and Christians.” (Narrated by Muslim, Kitaab al-Salaam).

Plus, the forum for Introductory Articles about Islam is good.....

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Z

Zhour_Khan

Also if a non-Muslim greets a Muslim with Assalamu Alaykum, the Muslim can say Wa alaykum (and to you).

Thank you for your response. But if the non-muslim speaks Arabic and understands that the Muslim does not mean well, why do you the think the reaction of non-muslim would be?

Z

Zhour_Khan

I mean what the reaction of the non-muslim would be? sorry for the typo

samiha

---------
Staff member
I don't understand, why would they react?

The greeting of peace is just for Muslims, BUT if a non-Muslim greets with peace, we give them back what they give us, but if they greet us badly, we just return what they give us as well.

It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not initiate the greeting to the Jews and Christians.” (Narrated by Muslim, Kitaab al-Salaam).

The Jews used to pass by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say “Al-saam ‘alaykum” meaning death. So the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us to say “Wa ‘alaykum (and also to you).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, Kitaab al-Adaab; Muslim, Kitaab al-Salaam).

So you should not initiate the greeting, but if he greets you and initiates the greeting, then say, “Wa ‘alaykum.” But Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned in Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah that if we know for sure that a disbeliever has said “Al-salaamu ‘alaykum,” then we may say, “Wa ‘alaykum al-salaam.”

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
ًHello..Zhour_khan..

Wellcome to TTI..enjoy ur stay..

feel free to ask any Questions about islam..

My first question to any learned man or woman would be, what is the role of each of muslim to enter the kingdom of heaven?

about ur Question :Do You Really Want Paradise?

==============
Some helpful Articles to understand islam..

why islam ?

The merits of Islam

Conditions of the acceptance of the Shahaadatayn

The Pillars of Islam

What is a Muslim?

The Status of Women in Islam

I want to be a devoted slave of Allaah … ten pointers

peace,