A journey to Afghanistan during taliban era

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Then when this was explained you answered that he wanted to die so he hastened on his death and this is not true. He himself said that he had a gun and also hand grenades to defend himself. And he also slept during the battle. So he wished to be martyr but didnt attain that status (yet) but he didnt hasten on the death.

And finally you quoted him saying "luck wasnt with me and I didnt attain martyrdom"

And this is true, he wanted like every other muslim to become martyr but Allah (swt) has decreed that he should not die yet so this is the decree of Allah (swt) and nobody knows the future and what will happen tomorrow except Allah (swt).

Truly happy is he who attains martyrdom. May Allah (swt) grant us that status and Jannat al Firdaws. Ameen

:salam2:

You aren't still getting my point. The person in the video (I wouldnt call him a sheikh first off) wanted to be martyred in the specific battle and was speaking as if he was guaranteed matyrdom. I dont agree with his ideas neither do I like the tone in which he is speaking. And I dont think he meant what you have explained in your post.

I am conversant with the rewards to fight in the way of Allah swt and to die in the process (and Insha'Allah be granted matyrdom ) .

My point is that this life is equally important, as we are going to amass good deeds here on this world as well, which is explained in my previous post from Riyadh us Saliheen.

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
So waging Jihad is one of the best deeds and there is no condition required, this man accepted Islam and didnt even pray one rakaah, but yet attained martyrdom and this is when Jihad is fardh kifaayah (communal obligation), so how about today when Jihad is fardh ayn (individual obligation).

:salam2:

No doubt about the high status of rewards for Jihad. But I would like to remind you a few things.

First of all, on the 'Day of Judgement', a person will be accountable for fard Salah first. If the person doesn't get passed through the Salah, he will be doomed in hell no matter even if he died seeking martyrdom or even if he was very charitable etc.

“Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salaat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell”

[Maryam 19:59]

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “The first deed for which a person will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayer. If it is good then he will have prospered and succeeded, but if it is bad then he will be doomed and have lost. If anything is lacking from his obligatory prayers, the Lord will say, ‘Look and see whether My slave did any voluntary prayers, and make up the shortfall in his obligatory prayers from that.’ Then all his deeds will be dealt with likewise.” Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 465; al-Tirmidhi, 413. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2573.

Secondly, wanting to 'die as a martyr' is different to hastening one's death.

Hastening one's death can be sugar coated in many ways like "I want to get out of this Haraam world" or "I am really eager to meet Allah swt, so I lay my life down to hasten my meeting with my Creator". All of these, if you refer to my quote in my previous posts from Riyadh-us-Saliheen, you will understand why I am mentioning it again and again. We aren't supposed to long for death. It is not permitted. Be it for any purpose. And that is my point.

No person should go in to a battle seeking his death. If during the battle, he loses his life then Insha'Allah he will get recompensed for it in a great manner if his jihaad is accepted. But this doesn't mean that he sacrifice his life easily, by not taking measures to safeguard his life when possible and so on.

Hope this gets my point across.

:wasalam:

q8penpals

Salam

Isn't everyone forgetting that no one on Earth can decide whether someone's death is considered martyrdom? Only Allah can decide that! A person may receive what WE may think is a martyr's death, but only Allah knows what was in the person's heart, and whether they are a martyr or not. So no matter what we say about it, we have NO say in whether some one is a martyr, and no evidence as to whether someone who died became a martyr.