A little bit of a confusing situation..need help!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Ok so it goes like this.

My father has rented someone an office. The people that are in that office currently are some sort of telemarketers. I went there today and found out they're scamming people sort of (more on that later). Is it okay for us to rent them the office?

Ok about the scamming thing, i am not even sure if this is considered a scam. Basically what they do is lie to people and sell them insurance. The people who they call are people who have previously asked for a refund or refused to buy the insurance. So the company has their address/bank details. Then they call em a few months later and tell em that "some" telemarketers have taken out say $500 out of your bank account and this is your address/phone/bank number etc. Then the proceed to tell em how to get the refund and that they have to "verify" their details with their senior manager. They ask the people to just say yes to everything the senior manager says to get your refund. They hang up the phone.

A minute later a different guy from the same telemarketing company calls the person again and tells em to verify their details. He starts recording the conversation even tells the guy on phone this conversation is being recorded. He proceeds to ask the guy to tell his address and bank etc. After he's got all the info recorded he tells the guy "do you agree to this transaction of $500?" (the guy thinks its the $500 i am getting refunded) Where infact he just bought the package and paid $500 from his bank account and made a verbal agreement which is recorded. I was kinda shocked to see all this. Such scums exist who rob people blind. Sell em something they don't even want.

Sorry if its a bit confusing, the story is confusing to me aswell. Did the best to put it together lol.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

That my dear is a legal matter. What you are describing if I read this right is a wrong..

You may need to retain an attorney and find out what your fathers legal obligations are; if you know this you must report this to the authorities.

I do not know where you live so I can not suggest what branch of the force you must notify.