A lot of doubts.... A brother in need of help...

Iqrah

:salam2:
as you may know, i am a muslim by birth but a brother with tonnes of doubts.... hmmm... i'll try to compress the questions as much as i can.... well, here goes..

1. What is the best and the latest book or books, about all Fiqh issues (like all questions answered about playing games, or the doubts about salaat, taking pictures etc etc etc etc [included extra etcs because there are LOTS of doubts i have] )?
2. What are the sites or forums you would recommend about islam and asking questions (don't get me wrong, this site is really nice, updated daily and i'll always be using this site to increase my knowledge about islam Insha Allah :SMILY149: ) , as i can't trust google for things like this?
3. What's the best book or books you would recommend which includes all about our beloved prophet Muhammed Sallalaahu Alaihi Wasallam's Sunnah?
4. As a last thing, what's the best book or books you would recommend which includes all actions according to the Sunnah (like how our prophet performed prayer, zakaat and all that stuff, i didn't know another word besides action, but you get what i mean)?

question 3 and 4 are kind'a interconnected but you know what i'm trying to say.... thanks in advance....

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!

You remind me a bit of myself! Asking questions is good, and there are a lot of people on this site who are always willing to help mA. In response to your specific quieries, I would first recommend reading a translation/commentary of the Holy Qur'an in English (or your native language) if you haven't already done so. I would recommend Abdullah Yusuf Ali's version. Ifyou have specific questions or issues, you could raise them. Also, maybe you could start by reading a compilation of respected hadith from reliable sources. Hadith & Qur'an are the best way of gaining reliable Islamic knowledge.

Iqrah

yeah, i'll read the translation as HappyMuslimah suggested Insha Allah... its just i don't have much time (school dumping homeworks even though ramazan.. xd) anyway, i'll ask my doubts one by one.. i mean after one question is answered i will ask the next question... ok, my first question is, (one of my addiction since childhood) about playing games which involves humans or living creatures in it or without living creatures (like car racing games)... whats your opinion about this?

PS: an answer to Question 2 and 3 or 4 would be nice...:)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam:

1. What is the best and the latest book or books, about all Fiqh issues (like all questions answered about playing games, or the doubts about salaat, taking pictures etc etc etc etc [included extra etcs because there are LOTS of doubts i have] )?

You can search the topics here on TTI. Use the search function and you will find thread where these topics have been discussed.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/search.php

Also for fiqh questions, use this website : www.islam-qa.com & search for your topic. You will find what you are looking for InshaAllah.
2. What are the sites or forums you would recommend about islam and asking questions (don't get me wrong, this site is really nice, updated daily and i'll always be using this site to increase my knowledge about islam Insha Allah :SMILY149: ) , as i can't trust google for things like this?

It will be quite an achievement if you just absorb knowledge from the massive collections on TTI. Have a look at this section of the forum.

Islamic Articles And Important Information

Stick to TTI. :)

3. What's the best book or books you would recommend which includes all about our beloved prophet Muhammed Sallalaahu Alaihi Wasallam's Sunnah?

Please look at our free ebooks thread. http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3857

Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum :A Biography of the Prophet ()
(By) Saif-ur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri

(taken from the same thread)

4. As a last thing, what's the best book or books you would recommend which includes all actions according to the Sunnah (like how our prophet performed prayer, zakaat and all that stuff, i didn't know another word besides action, but you get what i mean)?

Plenty of resources. All you need to do is search and look on this website.

The Prophet's Prayer Described (Abridged) by Muhammad al-Albaani

In the subforum of TTI ' Learn How To do Prayer and Ablution Video ', there are lots of resources.

Learn to Pray as the Prophet Prayed (English) Video

The right way to perform prayer (includes animation)

Iqrah

guess i should have searched a bit before asking these questions :rolleyes:... thanks for sharing these information... i will stick to this forum insha allah... i opened a thread, and i will ask all my questions on that thread.. and jazakallah khairan for sharing these info..

Iqrah

guess i should have searched a bit before asking these questions ... thanks for sharing these information... i will stick to this forum insha allah... i opened a thread, and i will ask all my questions on that thread.. and jazakallah khairan for sharing these info..

sorry to double post... this is the thread i opened... xd... i was answering for two threads and i mixed up and ended up saying this... this was supposed to be on the other thread... xd... sorry again..

mrahim

as you may know, i am a muslim by birth but a brother with tonnes of doubts.... hmmm... i'll try to compress the questions as much as i can.... well, here goes..

question 3 and 4 are kind'a interconnected but you know what i'm trying to say.... thanks in advance....

bros the answers to all your questions is in the QURAN, please read and study it carefully, QURAN will answers all your questions

This is the one of the verses that prove QURAN has all the answers

"The word of your Lord is complete in truth and justice" 6:115

I am a born muslim like you but after i read and undertand the purpose of the QURAN, :ma:
I understand ISLAM more and becomes a better MUSLIM not just MUSLIM by name

Vedo

Musliman
Its emision from ASK HUDA, I thought that is something new :)

But It is very nice to have this great lesson in one peice.

:wasalam:

Iqrah

@mrahim: thanks for your advice and i started reading the translation yesterday...

this is my 2nd question... (these questions are random and may come from any topic, so questions may not be related to one another)...

In a sunnah prayer, do i have to read the whole last tashahud or some part of it? Around here, some people say it should be read full while others say only half of it...

Vedo

Musliman

@mrahim: thanks for your advice and i started reading the translation yesterday...

this is my 2nd question... (these questions are random and may come from any topic, so questions may not be related to one another)...

In a sunnah prayer, do i have to read the whole last tashahud or some part of it? Around here, some people say it should be read full while others say only half of it...

You pray sunnah 2 rakats. Example if its Dhur and you want to pray 4 rakats before fard. You pray 2 rakats and you do tasleem, and you stand up and pray more 2 rakats. Frst 2 rakats and Second 2 rakats you pray like fajr.

And in fard prayer on first sitting you just recitite Atehijatu.