A New Member of the Forum

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

May I suggest to you to read the Quran whenever you can, whenever you have the time; always. The Words of Allaah is a heal to everything. Sometimes while reading an ayaat, you felt as if Allaah directed you to this one particular ayaat which really hit your heart and was meant for you as a comfort of the soul. As if Allaah is "talking" to you. Mashaa Allaah. When I was in an unstable state of emotions before, after reading some Surah, I even fell asleep with the Quran in my hug.

"Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured." 13:28

Don't ever give up on your journey of making yourself attach to Allaah, inshaa Allaah. A beautiful hadeeth qudsi [#15] that should give some motivation to you:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"Allah the Almighty said:

'I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed."

[Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).]

Mashaa Allaah. There's not much we can do other than making du'a for you and wish you well under Allaah's Mercy. As now is Ramadhaan, the whole month is the best time to make du'a, inshaa Allaah.

And it would be nice to call you Uncle Neutrino.

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
^ JazaakAllah khair sister Aisha, we all can do with those reminders.

wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhuh,

Assalamu'alaykum, Sister (Seeking Allah's mercy),

Many thanks for your kind words to ease my pains through prayers to the Almighty Allah (SWT). Many many thanks for your sentiment that you expressed in your last message that "I would have you as "Father/Uncle In Islaam".May Allah (SWT) reward you for your simplicity of mind and future contributions in this Forum.

May Allah(SWT) bless us all.

Yours,

Neutrino

Wasalamaoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhuh.

Jazaakallah khair Unc! Ameen to your duas wa iyyaak.

Looking forward to your contributions on TTI too.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Dear elder brother, it is no problem at all to share those supplications with you.

I would just like to add that also supplicate to Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) in the language you feel comfortable (all of us when initially asking Allah for guidance will have used our mother tongue or English, hehe), asking Him to make this time easy for you, to give you patience and whatever you desire (as Allah is the Only One God that we Muslims turn to and eventually so do non-Muslims in the most dire of circumstances. Subhaan'Allaah even the Shaytaan invoked Allah (when he invoked for respite from Allah) and in another Qur'aanic verse (I can't remember which one but I know I read it) Allah says that Shaytaan says that he fears Allah!).

Ask Allah (the Almighty) by the Names He Has named for Himself. Refer to the link below for the list of Names and their meanings:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=403961#post403961

For example, Al-Hayy - The Ever-Living and Al-Qayyoom - The Self-Sufficient, the One Who sustains and protects are Names of Allah that a person can beseech Allah with.

Finally, ask Allah at times that the Prophet :saw: told us. I stated this in a recent post (and it is no problem mentioning it again). For example, before ending one's Salaah (i.e., before the tasleem), after the Salaah, in the last third of the night (especially in this blessed month of Ramadaan) are excellent times to bessech Allah. The hadeeth below refers to before ending the Salaah:

Ibn Mas'ood narrates I was once praying, and The Prophet :saw:, Abu Bakr and Umar (were all present). When I sat down (in the final tashahhud), I praised Allah, then sent salaams on the Prophet :saw:, then started praying for myself. At this, the Prophet :saw: said:

'Ask, and you shall be given it! Ask, and you shall be given it!

(Tirmidhi, #593. There is a similar narration in Saheeh Muslim although worded slightly differently and I remember reading something similar in Bulugh-ul-Maram).

Sadly I don't have the ahadeeths at hand regarding the other times (if a brother or sister can post them then please do go ahead). I hope this helps.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome To TTI ,brother.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Assalamu-Alaikum. Ramadan Mubarak.

I am a muslim male of the age of about 60 plus. I have just joined the Forum to learn more about the Islamic practices so that I could be a better practicing muslim. May Allah (SWT) give me peace of mind for the rest of my life.

Personally, I am currently going through a period of severe emotional pain since my wife (of about 35 years of marriage) passed away recently after prolonged illness for several years. We used to love and care for each other so much that it has become extremely difficult for me now to withstand the pains and move forward.For me, life appears to have stopped virtually.

Can any member(s) of the Forum suggest any "Dua" (including any suggestions within the bounds of Islam) so that Allah (SWT) may lessen my pains and give me the strength to move forward in life by bestowing HIS mercy on me.

May Allah (SWT) bless us all.

Yours,

Neutrino
~~~
:wasalam:
:salam2:
:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Welcome To TTI
brother.
Glad and happy
to have you here with us,brother.~Alhamdulillah!

:bismillah:
innalillah
wainnalillah hirajiun .
From Allah swt we come
And to Allah swt we shall return.

Sympathy and condolences
for the loss of your dearest
:SMILY252:wife.

~May Allah swt grant her best place in Jannah among the
pious muslim~Amin!
And
~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀─█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀─▀─▀▀▀─█───▀───────▀▀▀╠╣
╠╣█─█──▀──█─█─█─█▀▀▀█─█▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─█╠╣
╠╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──▀▀▀╠╣
╠╚╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╝╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak To
you and your family
And To
All My Family In Islam.

Thank you,
Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Alhamdulillah!

As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Dear elder brother, it is no problem at all to share those supplications with you.

~~~
:salam2:

:ma:
Subhan'allah!
Alhamdulillah!

My brother,
~May Allah swt reward you tremendously for your
kindness and efficient effort~Amin!

╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀─█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀─▀─▀▀▀─█───▀───────▀▀▀╠╣
╠╣█─█──▀──█─█─█─█▀▀▀█─█▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─█╠╣
╠╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──▀▀▀╠╣
╠╚╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╝╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak To
you and your family
And To
All My Family In Islam.

Thank you,
Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

Nazzy47

Salaam alaikum dear brother as a muslimah of 60 plus and having loss myself my condolences go to you on your loss of your wife. As a revert to Islam I'm not knowledgeable but if you don't mind I will say dua for you that allaah will help you during this difficult time. From your sister in Islam Nasreen:tti_sister:

jennytinasky

Salam alakum brother, im sorry as i never know what to say in this sad time, but i do wish you my sincere condolences,

salam alakum:salah:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Assalamu-Alaikum. Ramadan Mubarak.

I am a muslim male of the age of about 60 plus. I have just joined the Forum to learn more about the Islamic practices so that I could be a better practicing muslim. May Allah (SWT) give me peace of mind for the rest of my life.

Personally, I am currently going through a period of severe emotional pain since my wife (of about 35 years of marriage) passed away recently after prolonged illness for several years. We used to love and care for each other so much that it has become extremely difficult for me now to withstand the pains and move forward.For me, life appears to have stopped virtually.

Can any member(s) of the Forum suggest any "Dua" (including any suggestions within the bounds of Islam) so that Allah (SWT) may lessen my pains and give me the strength to move forward in life by bestowing HIS mercy on me.

May Allah (SWT) bless us all.

Yours,

Neutrino

I am sorry for your loss brother.To Allah we belong and to Him shall we be returned.
May Allah forgive her,grant her mercy and make her grave one of the gardens of jannah.May Allah grant her jannatul firdaus.May Allah ease your pain.Ameen.

I have a supplication for you.InshaAllah it will be helpful for you.

Allahumma inni abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, adlun fiyya qadaa'uka, as'aluka bikulli ismin Huwa laka, sammaita bihi nafsaka, aw anzaltahu fee kitaabika, aw allamtahu ahadan min khalqika, awista tharta bihi fee ilmi ghaibi indaka, an taj'alal Qur'ana rabee'a qalbi wa noora sadri, wa jalaa'a huzni, wa dha-haaba hammi.

Oh Allah, I am Your slave and the offspring of your slaves,
my fate is in Your Hands,
Your Judgement upon me is assured,
Justice upon me is Your command,
I ask You by every Name You have taken for Yourself,
revealed in Your Book,
taught anyone of your creation or taken unto Yourself in the realm of the unknown,
to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart and the light of my breast,
the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my despondency.
[yt]4JQfqaUhy-g[/yt]

May Allah ease you pain and grant you sabr.Ameen.

Neutrino

Salaam alaikum dear brother as a muslimah of 60 plus and having loss myself my condolences go to you on your loss of your wife. As a revert to Islam I'm not knowledgeable but if you don't mind I will say dua for you that allaah will help you during this difficult time. From your sister in Islam Nasreen:tti_sister:
Dear Sister Nasreen,

Many thanks for your condolences. I will be happy if you pray (say dua) to Allah (SWT) for my wife and me so that Allah (SWT) eases my pains.I am also not much knowledegable but I will also pray to Allah (SWT) to ease any pains that you may have in life.

May Allah (SWT) bless you.

Neutrino

I am sorry for your loss brother.To Allah we belong and to Him shall we be returned.
May Allah forgive her,grant her mercy and make her grave one of the gardens of jannah.May Allah grant her jannatul firdaus.May Allah ease your pain.Ameen.

I have a supplication for you.InshaAllah it will be helpful for you.

Allahumma inni abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, adlun fiyya qadaa'uka, as'aluka bikulli ismin Huwa laka, sammaita bihi nafsaka, aw anzaltahu fee kitaabika, aw allamtahu ahadan min khalqika, awista tharta bihi fee ilmi ghaibi indaka, an taj'alal Qur'ana rabee'a qalbi wa noora sadri, wa jalaa'a huzni, wa dha-haaba hammi.

Oh Allah, I am Your slave and the offspring of your slaves,
my fate is in Your Hands,
Your Judgement upon me is assured,
Justice upon me is Your command,
I ask You by every Name You have taken for Yourself,
revealed in Your Book,
taught anyone of your creation or taken unto Yourself in the realm of the unknown,
to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart and the light of my breast,
the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my despondency.
[yt]4JQfqaUhy-g[/yt]

May Allah ease you pain and grant you sabr.Ameen.

Wassalamu-alaikum, dear Brother.

Many thanks for your condolences and sending me duaa's.

Nazzy47

Dear Sister Nasreen,

Many thanks for your condolences. I will be happy if you pray (say dua) to Allah (SWT) for my wife and me so that Allah (SWT) eases my pains.I am also not much knowledegable but I will also pray to Allah (SWT) to ease any pains that you may have in life.

Salaam dear brother I thank you for your dua I pray Allaah (SWT) brings you comfort during this difficult time and I pray that your wife will be at rest and her sins may be forgiven her ameeen I also pray your children will bring you comfort. I am just working on getting closer to Allaah (SWT) may allaah bring you healing. From your sister in Islam Nasreen:tti_sister: