A newcomer but a very old late bloomer of Islam

hambaAllah

:salam2:
im new to this site , i think a week old,,,and am glad i found this site after watching ur video on wakeupfromyourslumber website....i cant even claimed im a born muslim cos i was found abandoned as a 9 month old baby more than half a century ago,, i was taken care off by my govt in a welfare home,, i was mixing n practicing christainity with the other inmates of the home till when i was 9 yrs old they transferred me to a muslim welfare home(first of it kind i guess although no longer exist now i think it closed down in 2000 )was shocked to find out that im a muslim at the time,,, to be separated from my non muslim childhood friends,,, not able to speak Malay which is a language here,,i only speaks hokkien(a chinese dialect) and english which is the main language spoken in that welfare home unless they have segegrated me under malay/muslim....i attended secular school,,, so dont really have the time to learn about islam n its teaching....lesson are taught mostly in the morning n thats when i have to attend school. Being young n a eager beaver for new things,, every opportunity arise for me to learn about the religion n reading jawi(which is malay language in arabic character) i gladly joined the class. So guess i was a not "good muslim",,,im just a "muslim but"..... like yusuf estes says. At this muslim women's welfare home,, women of good n bad characters are not separated,,,, imagine how easily it will be for me to fall into the evil traps...to be continue,,Godwilling

Hajar

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sister hambaAllah,

Im glad u joined the forum! I hope you will find the forum benicicial to yourself and ur deen inshaAllah.

There are tons of great sections on this forum masha'Allah. Browse around and start posting inshaAllah!

If you have any questions about the forum, please contact me, or any other of the Forum team :)

Wasalam,

Hajar

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome to this website!

I must say one thing though, all children are born on the natural fitra, so it doesn't matter if you were abandoned of not you were born a muslim. May Allah guide us all on the right path.

Wassalam.:)