A question from recent revert

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandgroperkate

a muslim friend recently updated their facebook status-saying october was worse month in afghanistan as 78 american soldiers died, and drew a smiling face, like it was something to smile about, but I dont feel its anything to smile about. I know their presence is debatable, but I saw a documentary showing alot of the good things they were doing, I just dont think anyone should smile about people dying....

Strange

Salaam,
Welcome to Islam, alhamdulilah you have been guided. I believe your heart is speaking right now.....and our hearts are inclined to good. I find it strange that anyone would laugh about death.....there is nothing amusing about these people dying. Our Prophet (saw) never laughed or mocked in such a way.....it is unfortunate this friend is acting like that.

I would send your friend a little reminder of manners.....for we know that Prophet Muhammed (saw) came to perfect manners, and I don't believe that making a mockery of people dying is part of good manners.

For example, I don't agree with what Israelis are doing to Palestinians, in fact if I hated anything I hate that situation.....but to wish them all dead? No....becaue I know Allah will give them an awful punishment....but I do wish them to be stopped....everyone has their own feelings towards things I suppose, but I agree that it is strange your friend is smiling about such a thing. May Allah guide him/her to better manners insha'Allah, may He guide us all to live with good character, ameen.

Dawud :: Book 41 : Hadith 4781

There is nothing heavier than good character put in the scale of a believer on the Day of Resurrection.

Sister for peace

FreedomFighter

strange posts!! astaghfirullah!

check this out:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62512

welcome to Islam sister sandgroperkate :)

you can watch a documentary about them doing alot of good stuff, but offcourse why would they show them doing wrong things, like killing people on their wedding day. no i dont think they show that, nor the many other brutal acts committed by these soldiers. maybe you feel this way about them because they might be your people, but as a Muslim, try to be in the shoes of the Iraqis, of the Afghanis, etc. to see how they are suffering because of these soldiers.

marian87

I feel less sorry when a soldier dies than an innocent person who has nothing 2 do with wars, a soldier is trained to kill.
They are a killing machine, and death is a consequence that is real but allot of these young soldiers, are there for the money or they didn't get any opportunity in their town or city.
Dont get me wrong I come from generations of soldiers in my family, from my father, and both my grandfathers.
American soldiers are the worst they are dilluded and dumb they dont even know what they are fighting for.

weakslave

The only thing I feel sad is the fact that these people are going to the Hell-fire because of course I want them to be saved rather than doomed.

Brother please do not attribute people to heaven or hell! Only Allaah decides where individuals will end up, it is not up to us. We do not know what their hearts conceal.

We say that yes if you die other than a muslim you will end up in the Hellfire, this is the general rule. But individually, only Allaah knows.

ShyHijabi

An apostate is someone who states they no longer beleive that there is only one God and that Mohammed is His last messenger. You cannot declare someone an apostate because they serve in this or that army. Even the Muslims had infighting after the four caliphs and we cannot state who is an apostate.

Be careful about who call kaffir and who you claim you think is going to hell. ONly Allah swt can make that judgement not a lowly human.

sandgroperkate

ok, no im not american, i dont live in america, I can only go by what media want me to see, surely some of the things the Taliban are doing are worse than what American soldiers are doing?? Im just saying the situation needs to be sorted, and that no human-regardless of race/religion should be happy that someone is killed.

Fateme

well it is not right to be happy about death of innocent people.i think that person was not happy about their being killed.Maybe he has been only happy about the fact that US is being really unsuccessful in Afqanistan.
Afqan people really hate American soldiors and so many other people in Middle East.They do not want to be ruled by other countries.
I agree with freedomfighter about that documantry.There are lots of documantries that show brutality of American soldiors.
And it is war.No one invited them to go there.

weakslave

ok, no im not american, i dont live in america, I can only go by what media want me to see, surely some of the things the Taliban are doing are worse than what American soldiers are doing?? Im just saying the situation needs to be sorted, and that no human-regardless of race/religion should be happy that someone is killed.

I think the points regarding the initial question have been established.

As for the Taliban, I have two words of advise for you:

1. How many countries support the Taliban outright? Without a doubt, your country either disagrees with the Taliban, or they are actively fighting them. Whatever the case, they will never portray them fairly. Hence your news sources will always be biased, and always negative towards Taliban.

2. Unfortunately many people claim to be Taliban while they are not, and many events take place and are automatically attributed to the Taliban. The one who is wise will question everything they hear, especially from a biased source.

The truth is there, but it is hidden. The truth is more precious than a diamond, yet it is more neglected than a year old dead dog carcass. Simply put, the effort isn't worth the returns for 90% of us.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

We should not judge our beautiful, perfect Deen of Islam based on what a Muslim may say or do.

Rather, we judge that person according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

There are several issues here, one is that the Muslims are being killed in Afghanistan by foreign forces. Afghanistan, just as Iraq and many other places was invaded.

Whole villages have been wiped out and so on. The situation there is worse than it was before under the Taliban.

It is quite fine for the Western Media, especially the tabloid newspapers to rejoice if Taliban or Palestinian fighters, or Iraqi insurgents, Iraqi soldiers are killed.. they are dehumanised and pictured as "terrorists" and inherently evil in nature. - Not as loving fathers, brothers and sons who simply wanted to protect their family or their homeland.

So, it is easy to see how people can be happy with the death of people from the enemy.

Facebook is not the place to find many sensible people. It is not wise for people to put smiley faces and to joke about such things. It also gives bad image to how Muslims are.

Muslims are taught not to revenge, not to kill except for the right reasons.

As Muslims we do fight to protect our homes, and our beliefs, but, we take no happiness in death and destruction.

It is sad that the people who are really responsible for sending those people, most of whom are young and from very poor backgrounds, to their death, will never dare send their own sons and daughters to fight!

They use war in order to bolster their own business portfolios, whether it is in construction, or oil / gas exploration or the sales of weapons.

Why Angry Protests? Islam Does Not Condone Violence and Calls for Patience!

Terrorism and the Oppression of Women Has Nothing to Do With True Islam.

Quran and Hadith prove Islam's Opposition to Oppression, Terrorism and Injustice.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Status
Not open for further replies.