A question I am pondering for some time

adam_arb

As-Salamu Alaykum

I have a question, a brother asked me this a while ago.

There is this man who drinks alcohol, someone told him their is wine at a certain place, he goes and drinks it, the wine is infact water. Does he get sin?

Jazakhallah khair

WSalam

salam alaykum

Attention = could b wrong

well arent our deeds based on our intentions???...so well yes he did sin then

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

LOL and which idiot cant define between water and wine....LOL.....that is so funny.......thats jz like some1 cant tell the difference between a gorilla and a human :D

:hearts::hearts:

Rashadi

Although he intended to sin, he is not accountable because it didn't happen. We are rewarded for our good intentions even if they didn't work out while we are not punished for having thoughts or intentiond to do bad things but didn't work out. This is apart of the Rahma(mercy) of Allah and and inteding to do bad but not succeeding turns into a good deed while good intentions are rewarded.

If for example, God forbid, but someone was getting ready to go to a night club but he changed his mind because for whatever reason, he/she is not punished but good intentions even if did not take place are still rewarded and even multiple times. There is no one more merciful than Allah and we can't even understand or imagine this mercy of his. As much as we may think we know Him, we only know what He allows us to know. We can never be as just or merciful as He is and no one shares his attributes.

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i think he will get the sin as he came there and drank thinking its wine. but the sin will be less as he did not drink in real.

and Allah knows best.