a question inshallah

moslima_assia_s

as salaamoe alaikoem wa rahmatoellahi wa barakatoehoe,

I once heard that it took de Prophet saws a few years only preaching there was one god Allah. Only after these years all the rest came.

How long where these years?

I really need the answer today inshaAllah.

May ALlah swt reward you . AMien

According to the book The Sealed Nectar page 36:

PHASES ANS STAGES OF THE CALL:
The Muhammadan Call could be divided into two phases distinctively demarcated:
1. The Makkan phase: nearly thirteen years.
2. The Madinese phase: fully ten years.

Each of the two phases included distinctive features easily discernible through accurate scrutiny into
the circumstances that characterized each of them.

The Makkan phase can be divided into three stages:
1. The stage of the secret Call: three years.
2. The stage of the proclamation of the Call in Makkah: from the beginning of the fourth year
of Prophethood to almost the end of the tenth year.
3. The stage of the call to Islam and propagating it beyond Makkah: it lasted from the end of
tenth year of the Prophethood until Muhammad’s (Peace be upon him) emigration to
Madinah.

moslima_assia_s

;

I also had this information in a book next to me, but I dont understand it enough.

Did He saws only preach about the Oness of Allah in the first 13 years and nothing else? Or did he only do this in de first three years?

The Meccan Surahs deal with the Oneness, Attributes and Power of Allah. look at the Meccan Surahs in the Quran and you will see the contents that were revealed in Mecca. These were the same contents that Muhammad pbuh preached as delivered by Jibrail AS.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

yes first 13 years were basically about Allah, heaven, hell, judgment day.

when ppl's heart became strong in faith and melted, others things came like salat, no drinking, etc.

i think there is one hadith of Aisha (ra) (something like this) that had Allah told in beginning that dont drink or dont commit illegal sex, people might not have listened. but Allah told about heaven and hell and then afterwards He told about prohibitions.