A Reminder from Qur'an [84: 13-25]

mur009

‎"Indeed, he had [once] been among his people in happiness; Indeed, he had thought he would never return [to Allaah ]. But yes! Indeed, his Lord was ever of him, Seeing. So I swear by the twilight glow. And [by] the night and what it envelops. And [by] the moon when it becomes full. [That] you will surely experience state after state. So what is [the matter] with them [that] they do not believe, And when the Qur'an is recited to them, they do not prostrate [to Allaah ]? But those who have disbelieved deny, And Allaah is most knowing of what they keep within themselves. So give them tidings of a painful punishment, Except for those who believe and do righteous deeds. For them is a reward uninterrupted."

(Surah Al-Inshiqaq, Ayahs: 13-25)

K-A-K

When it says "State after State", does it mean health, spirituality, happiness, etc? I mean everything?
If it does, then SubhanAllah, the life that we live here is entirely about different states of being.

Salam.

strive-may-i

When it says "State after State", does it mean health, spirituality, happiness, etc? I mean everything?
If it does, then SubhanAllah, the life that we live here is entirely about different states of being.

Salam.
:wasalam:
Yes you are right there. Masha Allah. May you become more knowledgeable and lead others, in deen and duniya ...Ameen.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer:

Narrated By Ibn Abbas: (As regards the Verse): 'You shall surely travel from stage to stage(in this life and in the Hereafter).' (It means) from one state to another. That concerns your Prophet.
[Prophetic Commentary On The Qur'an - Vol 6; Book 60; Hadith464 --Bukhari]

Al-Bukhari recorded this statement with this wording. Ikrimah said,(From stage to stage) "Stage after stage. Weaned after he was breast feeding, and an old man after he was a young man.''

Al-Hasan Al-Basri said, (From stage to stage)
"Stage after stage.
- Ease after difficulty,
- difficulty after ease,
- wealth after poverty,
- poverty after wealth,
- health after sickness, and
- sickness after health."

K-A-K

Salam

JazakAllah. May Allah bless you two too .. with knowledge of deen and dunya. Ameen.

Thank you once again. Salam