A Sad day.

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. dear brothers and sisters today was the worst day in school. By allah i fear for my own life...that's how dangerous school has become. an unsafe environment. this is what happened to be exact.
since i've come to america( 2nd grd) kids have been giving me a hard time. i was teased and made fun because i dressed differently and because i stood up for those who could not or were afraid to defend themselves( how stupid am i when i can't even defend my own self right?). anyways i moved from that town which i was abused on daily basis by kids my age. teachers thought i was insane and would not help me that much. the blame was always on me. last year is when i moved to the city i'm currently living in. again i was the outcast, the one to be picked on piece by piece. Today however in school people came up to me and told me that there were girls looking for me so as to beat me up. there were about 5-7 girls. all day i walked around hiding in corners so as not to be jumped by that whole group. so i feared for myself and tried looking for other muslims so as not to be alone. i did infact find muslims who were very helpful alhamdulillah. eventually at the end of the day i was called down to the principals office. there they were also called down. each and everyone of us talked about what had happened and so on. eventually we got to the point of forgiving each other and moving on. however a boy was included in the story. a muslim boy who had hit the girl because she had sprayed perfume on him on purpose and squirted lotion on him as well. so when the buses came and we left for home the girl told a friend of hers that the boy had denied even hitting her. so the other girl got mad and asked another boy on the bus to get out a video of the boy hitting the girl that he had taped the day it had happened. the Muslim boy told the other one to stay out of it, that it wasn't his business. so here they were arguing and so on. in the end it lead to a fight. the boy with the video called his brothers and friends and came over to the other muslim boy's house, outside of the building that we live in. they were 3. so all the kids who were of the race of the muslim boy defended him and helped him in defeating the other boys. the muslim boy took a wooden stick with nails in it and hit one of the boys on the head. it went in his head but he was still alive. all the boys got put in jail now. 3 were over 18 yrs- unfortunately including the muslim boy. so now he's in jail. the one who's head was injured is in the hospital, he's also over 18. my point in writing this is that i personally hate fights- but i always think to myself that i'll be able to free the lands of islam. how can i when i'm not brave enough? i can talk but i don't know whether i can hit for self defense. it's not that i want to fight but sometimes you've got to defend yourself. my school to me now is dangerous. i'm a target for those who hate me. i don't want to go back to school tomorrow because i know that the two groups will fight. the muslim group and the non muslim group who were mexican. i know the attitude of these boys- and i believe that they will bring some sort of trouble to school. anyways i just feel in my heart why must we fight group for group? why are we doing this? look at this right now- none of them benefited anything from the fight. they all went to jail! and i had adviced one of the mexican boys- please don't start a fight...it will bring disaster to the both of you. but no, my words meant nothing to him. i just hate this world! i am sick of it. i try to live a peaceful life...but i'm the target of the non believers. i am their target! have i done something to them- no! and i know i'm being tested but this is no life that people should live. i can understand that in war things such as this and much worse happen. but seeing it with your own eyes- it's truly sad. truly sad. to me this was no different than war- but i wonder will i ever be brave enough to fight when it comes to real life situation such as a real war or will i always be afraid? i don't want to be afraid, i'm tired of being afraid. i act tough so as not to be pushed around- but will i be able to defend myself against one hit from someone else? i probably will never know until something more serious happens. as for now- i hate school, i hate this world, and i'm tired of seeing the wars and fights of people. i'm tired- i want to give up and sometimes i even feel like quitting this shameful world. but i'll always rely on allah and i'll try not to give up. but i don't know what i want anymore. i just wanted peace- but it doesn't seem as if i'll ever get it. salam to you all. salam:girl3::girl3::astag:

rtbour

american muslima
I am very sorry to hear about this problem, sweet heart. I know people, especially young people, can be VERY cruel and hurtful. You might want to try to ask your parents if they will look into home school for you. There are online schools that plenty of people go to, and no one will bother you, and you will not have to be scared for your safety. Stay strong, and remember that Allah will not give you any tests in life that you cannot pass.

palestine

Servant of Allah
trust me my parents don't know anything about homeschool. and they do not even speak english so there is a problem. i'll just have to live with reality i guess. i can't do anything about it. salam.

dianek

Salaam! Sorry for the ordeal you were put through. What city do you live in? I can't imagine a place with so much violence! My daughter (my catholic daughter) goes to school with many muslims and mexicans and asians and there are NEVER any episodes like this. No one picks on the muslim girl that Gabby is close to, Safa. Safa has many many friends in the local public schools. A suggestion for you, if you are in a BIG city (NYC etc.) there are often islamic schools that have scholarships or reduced fees based on income. In addition, I also know some muslim children that attend Catholic or Christian schools, not for the the religious experience, but because they have segregated classrooms and are very safe. Just some ideas. Also, can you choose a different school in your city to attend? What about "governour's school" (in VA we have them which are elite public schools for cross territorial students who are way above in educational excellence....a gifted school).....Good Luck!

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister

those kind of things happen in high schools... some are just kids who wants to show off and end up in trouble... in there view, they had to fight or else they'll be looked at as not "men enough"...

tell your parents about this situation... i would suggest not to go to school for couple of days (2-3 days or may be only tomorrow since it is friday), they'll probably be cooled off from what happened... or, if you have muslim friends that you can walk with to classes, usually no one would try to fight in school... have your brother/father meet you at where the bus stops or let them pick you up from school... keep your confidence on yourself and don't show no fear so that no one can "step on you" at the same time be careful...

what grade are you in?... you could probably manage home-school on your own or have your older brother/sister help you, or any of your friends...

i myself planning to teach math in middle/high school by the beginning of next year... looking more into middle school since they are easier to control... if you have any quetions you can PM me...

May Allah make it easy for you... don't worry, nothing would harm you except what Allah allows it to be.... Salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
I'm in highschool. i'm a freshmen. and i live in st. cloud minnesota. both highschools in this city have major fights from day to day. mexicans against somalis, somalis against blacks, black against white and so on....it doesn't end. it's a really strong cycle of hate. as for islamic schools there are none in our society. none. we are trying our best to keep our masjid and have a parking and build it well and so on. but as of right now i'm starting a youth program in our masjid cause i see we lack services. so on april 5th inshallah i'm giving a khutbah to the women. hope it goes well. many difficulties. i feel better now knowing the muslim boy will be let out. there's most likely to be a big fight again tomorrow and i do not want to shed any human blood so i'd rather stay away from it unless of course they come looking for me on their own. i take no classes with no muslims, not one class. the sisters are in ELL classes and i've been here longer then they so i'm not in it. i take usual classes. thanks to all of your replies it has eased my heart. i'll just read duas and pray to allah to make everything better. on that note we also had another problem, they shut our place of prayer today and we all got mad and walked out of school but they called security and made us go back in. eventually they let us in our prayer places. they said it was because muslim girls insulted the custodian, which isn't true. a muslimah was praying and he walked in front of her and so after she got out of prayer she said: please go to another room. he replied by saying: shut up and let me do my job! and so the blame was put on her. once again we are the scapegoats. salam.

abdie

as-salamu aleikmu sis i feel bad for and may Allah help

but sis i am surprised that is happening in Minnesota and can i ask what part

oh yea sis one more thing if u can move u should move to the Twin Cities i cause it is better then other parts of Minnesota if not try to deal with it as much as u can and may the best of Allah be with u

w/salamu

palestine

Servant of Allah
jazakallahu khayran brother abdie but i think we need to establish islam in our city. if we don't then who will? so i'll put up with all that for the sake of islam inshallah. cause we need to leave a legacy behind. a good one that will footprints of islam in this city. inshallah. ameen. asalamu alaykum.

abdie

way to go ! u have a big heart mashallah u should do what u think is right no should stop u and may allah help all the way and i will try to pray for
one more thing sis do u have school tomorrow

w/salamu

id really migrate somewhere else if i had the chance...the kuffars will never change....they r like this since the time of the prophet saw.....its time to do some weightlifting so that u can defend urself if this type of situation arises cause who knows when those tomboys will have insane intentions and come bak to beat u.....

raihana

SALAAM
sis be firm sis..show tht are muslims hate to fight ..and create fitna..may allah bless u for ur patience ..not only ur schl but evry high schl have these kinds of things..
be frim sis on the deen of allah..
insha ALLAH will reward u with janah
ur sis raihana

zuhur_07

asalmu aleikum

sis be strong. if i were u i would think about my safety. i am also in high school. i did not get these problems in my school. I think it is because of the same race and about 90% are Muslims. when i came to my school i did see some fights. but it stop after two years.

salaam sis be safe.

abdullah1111

assalamoalaykom

i have been in many fights in turkey from 18years olds to 10years old and they want to prove there the boss and there strongest but me as a ten year old and my brothers take them down like chikens and nobody bothers you again,since you cant fight
we can only make you dua

may allah protect you from all evils and give you good friends:SMILY346:

sallams