A STRANGE EXPERIENCE

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
it was few days I didn't write on tti,I missed it very much,but I really was busy and had no much time to sit down,above all because I was reflecting about a strange thing that happened to me the second night of Ramadan(12-august).
I wish to share it with you alls,because I want to know if some of you had my same experience.I had this "problem"twice but the last time it was worst.
I was going to sleep,when my eyes started to tremble fastly,so that I could stop them,I was strenghtless,so I couldn't call my husband to help me.some minutes later my husband came to see why I went to sleep alone,and he saw that my eyes opened and closed fastly and I didn't answer a word.I layed to my bed for maybe one hour.My husband read me Quran,he switched on the mp3 reader and when the surat "QAF" was recited until those verses about the death(INNA JA A-SAKRAT AL MAUTI BIL-HAQQ....)my breath decreased,until I was paralised,I thought I was near to die,something was coming out of my throat,I was without oxigen,my mouth opened to seek for air,but I was really losing the breath.I fainted up,it was made me the artificial breathing,when I took consciousness,I wasn't able nor to speak normally neither to move my body.when I looked a my husband I started crying because I was paralized like those men who suffer of "amiotriphic multiple sclerosis".I watched at my son and I felt sad,very sad because in my heart I was sure to have lost everything.I was without oxigen for more than 20 seconds,my brain didn't send the right message to my body and for a whole night I only was able to talk like a baby who doesn't speak very well.Then,suddendly,everything turned into the normality.was it epilessy,or some brain's desease?I am afraid it may happen again,so brothers and sisters,I tell you this fact,because I want you to know that if one day I'll stop to write here,it will be due to some health problem of mine.don't complain me,but just give me strenght not to give up,because in moment like that I lived,I as really intentioned to give up everything by accepting to be a "vegetable"person:wasalam:

Peaceful661

Please get a check up as quickly as possible,
Allah did this for some purpose and there is something good in it which our eyes can't see,
Wassalam

Abu-talib

sister this problem i think is called. sleep paralysis. When your eyes were going fast i think thats called. Rem( rapid eye movement) InshaAllah I stop having this problem when i started reading the last 3 surahs of the quran. And also try not to sleep on your back..as I have heard that it happens more often if you sleep on your back. I hated having that Episode, because ussually i couldnt breath until the last minute when i think I was going to die. Then i would Suddenly be able to breath, And about the paralysis, That also happens, Try reading up on the internet about (sleep paralysis) May allah Help you.

ShyHijabi

It sounds like sleep paralysis or something called hypnogogic trance. We produce a hormone in our sleep that keeps us from moving around in our sleep. Many people go through this and are quite terrified and think they are having a seizure. Don't fret sister, shaitaan is restrained during ramadaan.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

if a person is feeling very sleepy but still remains awake, these things sometimes happen. the brain rests and cant send the proper signals to the body. nothing to worry sister inshallah.

when u need to sleep, dont delay....recite sunnah duas and sleep.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you very much for your advices,maybe I just was tired,but "Bayni wa baynakum",if my husband didn't raise up my body I might have died of heart attac,because it beated so strongly,that it seemed to burst in my chest.:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~i suggest you to get zam zam water

thank you very much for your advices,maybe I just was tired,but "Bayni wa baynakum",if my husband didn't raise up my body I might have died of heart attac,because it beated so strongly,that it seemed to burst in my chest.:wasalam:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBmGhrJH2I
Zam Zam Water - Mini Documentary

~i suggest you to get zam zam water and drink before you retire and always keep it handy in your house.Zam zam water is full of benefit even to newborn.
:ma:

~May Allah swt help and protect you sister~Amin!

Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBmGhrJH2I
Zam Zam Water - Mini Documentary

~i suggest you to get zam zam water and drink before you retire and always keep it handy in your house.Zam zam water is full of benefit even to newborn.
:ma:

~May Allah swt help and protect you sister~Amin!

Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

You ar ecorrect.. ZAM ZAM Water is a madicne for all disease and will cure evil things as well..

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
where can I find Zam Zam water if not to Mecca?the grondmther of my husband went to Hajj on2007 and she brought me a cooton white scarf,a piece of Misk and a bit of Zam Zam water,I still remeber its taste!I have to wait until I'll go to Hajj:SMILY149:!!thank you sister for your advice.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I have just seen some videos on you tube about sleep paralisys,and I comfirm that I had that kind of experience,I felt like someone was blocking my head and I was aware of what was going on around me.I felt I was sure to die.in many cases this kind os situation is due to sleep absence or demoniac presences.I felt something walking on my body and I colud do nothing....wow,I am still afraid of it.but at least it's not a desease,but just a disturb.on Ramadhan all evils are chained,I know it,but the presence of it is constante in my environment...I thought I was the only one who had this bad experience,but there are many people with my problem.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

It sounds like sleep paralysis or something called hypnogogic trance. We produce a hormone in our sleep that keeps us from moving around in our sleep. Many people go through this and are quite terrified and think they are having a seizure. Don't fret sister, shaitaan is restrained during ramadaan.

:wasalam: sister,

Do you know of a medical treatment for this problem ? Perhaps a daily tablet to keep the hormones in check. The sister might benefit from seeing a doc in her condition I would guess..

@ sister Hayat

Have you consulted a doctor for this condition ? or are on some kind of medication for this ?

I don't really think you can find solutions to it by posting on TTI. But we will supplicate that Allah azz zawajal gives you complete shifaa.

Wasalaamalaaykum waa rahmatullahi

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I'm sorry,I didn't mean to confess this fact on tti,because it may help me,but indeed tti found one of the probable reasons why I am in this way.I ashame to tell this fact to a doctor,that's why I prefered to inform myself here,I never knew about sleep paralisys.I'm too shy to go to the doctor and say this and that.here on tti I have the chance to be anonymous.i have three children and I fear that if it is known my situation,they will keep them away from me.I try to do everything in private.but thank for your warning Brotherinislam

ShyHijabi

The only reason they would remove custody of your children is of you abused or neglected them. No doctor would start the arduous paperwork becuase you have sleep paralysis, a medical condition. You are your children's primary caretaker and so you are obligated to take care of yourself both psychologically and medically.

If my car was acting up and I was worried it was going to break down I would not hesitate to take it to a mechanic. But you are much more important to your child than a car yet you hesitate to seek medical help? This is not the best idea sister. Shyness has it's place but when it comes to health it is like a stone tied around your neck...harmful and useless. Cast aside this stone and seek medical help. We are not experts here on a message board and can't diagnose you or treat you. (even those of us with medical knowledge can't do this online)

Go to a doctor, post haste.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I second sister shyhijabi's reply. I think you should avail the opportunity to get treated and perhaps get rid of this problem InshaAllah.

There is nothing to be shy about. The doctors see lots of patients with similar situations as yours day in day out. They wouldn't be judgmental or close minded enough to start filing papers for removal of custody of your kids.
They are trained professionals and know how to interact with patients properly.

Just make sure that you visit a good clinic which has a doctor with good reputation and experience.

And we all will pray that Allah Almighty grants you complete shifaa from this disease.

Hope you are having a great Ramadan.. Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
@sis Shyhijabi,you have reason,I must make the right thing for me and my health,but I'm so tighted...in the sense that I am the only one who takes care of my children,my husband has to work to maintain us,so I hope everyday to have a good day until we make our baggage and go away from here.I ashame because the first time I said to a neurologist that I suffered of headache and have hallucinations,the first thing he asked me was if I hurt my children when I was angry.that's why I stay in silence.when I spent a week at the hospital for "absence"I could move my body,but the doctors said that everything was ok,and when I returned at home,the real problem was another.can doctors cure evil eye with their therapies?If they know that I may suffer of sleep paralisys,they give me an amount of medicaments to set me calm,but in my mind I know that the reason of my disturb is another.what has to do he incapacity to say<A'udhu billahi min as-shaytani-ar-rajim>,with that disturb?I am aware that something makes me feel very angry and when I want to say that phrase,my mouth gets locked.
But in general alhamdulillah,I'm having a good Ramadan,I'm happy for this.I hope every bmuslim bro/sis is having a good Ramadan:blackhijab:

ShyHijabi

The doctor wasn't asking you that as an accusation, it's just a screening question. Simply telling them that you've never desired to harm your children will suffice. And they need to do some testing at minimum, EEG of your brain and maybe an MRI. If you are experiencing sleep disturbances that is causing things such as hallucinations or sleep paralysis then there are meds and therapies that can help.

Be honest and frank with your physician. Tell them you want an EEG and not just a regular physical exam, if possible get referred to a neurologist. I don't think this is evil eye but rather an organic cure. You could even be having partial seizures which would explain the loss of control of your body but still being aware of the situation.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

ya brothers and sisters are right , thats rem and possibly sleep paralysis and you should take both dua and dawa (medicine) coz its sunnah. yes read three surahs may Allah remind me too.happy ramzan.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

The members on the thread have discussed some of the possible reasons, mashaAllaah. InshaAllaah sister hayat its also necessary to follow the ettiquettes of sleeping like the way of sleeping mentioned in sunnah. Also sunnah to be observed before sleep - like making wudhu, reading quraan, supplication of sleep etc.

and May Allaah help you.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you very much for your replis,my dears.I'll force the hand a little and ask for a deeper exam.I made EEG and everything's regular,I made TAC and it's ok,made RMN and it's ok.so what's wrong now?it may be bipolar disturb of personality?but you're right ,I should take care of myself befoer it's too late.:wasalam: