A Tough Situation regarding Marriage - Please help!

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I have done a thread on marriage before but things have changed and I need to explain the new situation.

Since moving on from a girl I used to like I'm back to square one with marriage. I've been doing some researching on the net and come across a few sites which are good but don't necessarily deal with the situation I am in.

First of all I have a few goals before moving on to the stage of finding a spouse.
1. Finish learning Salah.
2. Getting a job.
3. Learning how to drive (not necessarily important but I still aim to achieve it).
4. Finishing school (not necessarily a goal at the moment, I'll explain soon).

I'm 16 and have two years to go before finishing school. I live with my mother who is a Catholic and visit my father who is a Muslim. You may be thinking that why don't I finish the goals above and do marriage through my father? Well to be honest that isn't the case.

I have openly talked about marriage with my mother but she isn't on the same page as I am. I'm trying to get her to understand the value of marriage from the Islamic perspective and in general like it'll protect me from the dangers of fornication. My mother keeps insisting that I just get a girlfriend. I tell my mother that it's forbidden in Islam. However she doesn't believe me even when I explain it.

Furthermore she says even if I have a girlfriend it doesn't mean we will fornicate but to face facts it most likely will turn out that way. Also she wants me to finish school before looking for a spouse. Regarding the 4th goal earlier I had at first agreed to waiting until finishing school but since then have realised I would be waiting at least two years before looking for a spouse which would be a nightmare.

I have left p*rn, masturbating and looking at women etc for Allah (SWT) because I really want to do the right thing which is to get married. To be realistic since I can't keep a lid on these sexual desires which are very strong as I'm a teenager how am I going to wait two years until getting married without releasing these desires?

It's not just desires that are the reason I want to get married. It's much more than that. I've never had a girlfriend or anything like that in my life even before coming to Islam. Another reason why I want a wife is because I want that special person in my life. That person who loves me and I love her in that special way. Someone that I can look forward to come home to at the end of the day. I can't explain these things on here but if you're already married I think you'll know what I mean with the love for your spouse.

The next thing is that my father (regarding the first statement earlier as to why I can't do it through him). My father is a Muslim but not fully practicing. I have talked about marriage with my father but he isn't very interested as he doesn't have a proper conversation about it like by asking questions such as are you ready to look for wife etc. So doing it through my father isn't much better than doing it through my mother.

Now back to my goals I aim to fulfil before looking for a spouse. To finish learning Salah is very important and so is getting a job. Learning how to drive isn't my top priority but I still aim to get it done because it'd be a benefit for the future. Since I've said I won't be waiting two years, I can't count finishing school as a goal before looking for a wife.

The only reliable person I could go to is my Salah teacher who also teaches me Islam. He's a very strong Muslim that fulfills his five daily prayers and is a very kind person.

I have said to my mother that I could get his help with marriage but since she wants me to wait until finishing school she isn't supportive of that option. I also know that I could go looking on some Muslim marriage sites. I have two in mind which are Half Our Deen and Pure Matrimony which look very good. However I have to be at least 18 years of age to use those sites.

To face facts I'm stuck in a roadblock. All the avenues for options with marriage are blocked by one reason or another. I live in the West and as you'd know it's difficult for the most part being a Muslim in that area with sex and many other evil vices being promoted everywhere. This is another reason why I need to get married.

I know I'm 16 and it's still quite young but there's children who get married younger than me anyway. I'm mentally ready for a wife but I'm pretty sure I'll need get some financial basis happening when I get a job. Correct? I have a few questions that need to be answered.

1. What can I do now? (I'm lost, I need some guidance with this).
2. What are the requirements for marriage?
3. What exactly is the process of marriage? (I've got a fair idea of this but need a definitive explanation).
4. What are the different ways I could look for a wife? (I know some like online and through family).
5. What are any other tips or suggestion you can give me?

Thank you so much for reading. I would greatly appreciate it if you could reply. :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I have lots to say but I'll just make this one brief and come back again when I'm a bit free, inshaa Allaah.

You are in the right path to learn praying Salaah, to be productive in your activities. That's one way to refrain from any corrupted/evil thoughts. The most important thing is, re-build your relationship with Allaah. Make yourself close to God as He is The Provider of everything.

Yeah, I can see that your wish towards marriage is full of obstacles at the moment, but I honestly will not be surprised if Allaah wills it to happen and even make ways for it! Put your faith in Allaah. Put your trust in Him.

Alhamdulilla we are happy to know that you are keeping yourself in the right track and doing it only for His Sake. Please know that whenever you left something out of love for Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala, He will replace it with something. . . much much better. Trust me on that one.

As of now, feed your soul with remembrance of Allaah and seek for His Forgiveness. Purify your heart. Fill it with God's love and then inshaa Allaah He will plan the remaining of your affairs. At times, be patience if you do not see much changes but continue with your effort to become a better Muslim.

OK I wanted to make this short, but I'm not good at summary lol.

Try to remember this ayaat so that you will feel Allaah is very close to you, He The Most Heareth and Knoweth knows about all your struggle hence you can pour out everything to Him.

"And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein." [50:16]

Inshaa Allaah, you will succeed in this test of life.

:wasalam:

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I have lots to say but I'll just make this one brief and come back again when I'm a bit free, inshaa Allaah.

You are in the right path to learn praying Salaah, to be productive in your activities. That's one way to refrain from any corrupted/evil thoughts. The most important thing is, re-build your relationship with Allaah. Make yourself close to God as He is The Provider of everything.

Yeah, I can see that your wish towards marriage is full of obstacles at the moment, but I honestly will not be surprised if Allaah wills it to happen and even make ways for it! Put your faith in Allaah. Put your trust in Him.

Alhamdulilla we are happy to know that you are keeping yourself in the right track and doing it only for His Sake. Please know that whenever you left something out of love for Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala, He will replace it with something. . . much much better. Trust me on that one.

As of now, feed your soul with remembrance of Allaah and seek for His Forgiveness. Purify your heart. Fill it with God's love and then inshaa Allaah He will plan the remaining of your affairs. At times, be patience if you do not see much changes but continue with your effort to become a better Muslim.

OK I wanted to make this short, but I'm not good at summary lol.

Try to remember this ayaat so that you will feel Allaah is very close to you, He The Most Heareth and Knoweth knows about all your struggle hence you can pour out everything to Him.

"And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein." [50:16]

Inshaa Allaah, you will succeed in this test of life.

:wasalam:
Thanks sister. Your post means a lot and has benefited me. I look forward to your longer post, you'll be able to do Insha'Allah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I have heard lectures from Sheikh Khalid Yasin, and he has endorsed people your age marrying (with parental consent) and moving the wife into your house. Getting jobs or finishing school together. Then insha allah, moving into your own space. Someone can comment on this to correct or add information insha allah.

He said it would be preferred to do that, than to put yourself into a haraam situation.

But if you DO NOT have a specific girl in mind, why are you in such a rush? I know you want that special person, but marriage is worth waiting for. Brother finish school, have some self control. When you get urges, IMMEDIATELY PUT YOUR BRAIN TO WORK ON SOMETHING ELSE.

Of course I wish the best for you. And I am so happy that you will not date and conform to what you mum says. Allah knows best.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2: little brother,

Both the sisters above mentioned valid points. I'd like to emphasize on them:

1. In a response to your previous thread, I highlighted how important it is for you to build on your relationship with Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. He is the one constant in your life and it is He who should be in your heart moreso than anyone else. Learn to depend solely on Him before depending on anyone else and you can do this by getting closer to Him through Ibaadah and Du'a.

2. If you really want to get married AND have a girl in mind that reciprocates your feelings, you can

A. Marry her and she can live with you and your family or

B. Get a nikkah done and continue to live separately until you're financially stable to get your own place. This is something some of my relatives that are your age have done. That way, you can see each other as much as you want and whatever you end up doing will be within halal parameters. You also won't have to deal with the financial stressors until you're older and done with school.

3. If none of those options are possible, then work hard to control your urges by fasting. The Prophet :saw: advised young men who were unable to get married to fast as this is a form of self control.

I hope this helped. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala make this easy for you.

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
:salam2: little brother,

Both the sisters above mentioned valid points. I'd like to emphasize on them:

1. In a response to your previous thread, I highlighted how important it is for you to build on your relationship with Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. He is the one constant in your life and it is He who should be in your heart moreso than anyone else. Learn to depend solely on Him before depending on anyone else and you can do this by getting closer to Him through Ibaadah and Du'a.

2. If you really want to get married AND have a girl in mind that reciprocates your feelings, you can

A. Marry her and she can live with you and your family or

B. Get a nikkah done and continue to live separately until you're financially stable to get your own place. This is something some of my relatives that are your age have done. That way, you can see each other as much as you want and whatever you end up doing will be within halal parameters. You also won't have to deal with the financial stressors until you're older and done with school.

3. If none of those options are possible, then work hard to control your urges by fasting. The Prophet :saw: advised young men who were unable to get married to fast as this is a form of self control.

I hope this helped. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala make this easy for you.
Thanks sisters. Alf2 and Shahnazz. I really benefited and felt more at peace with your explanation Shahnazz. It's covered a few questions I had in mind. They're now answered. Alhamdulillah. Can you please tell me the different methods of finding a wife? Thanks. :)

a_stranger

:salam2:

Brother I like to remind you that lowering gaze for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa taaala put sweetness in hearts. When you start praying 5 times a day then your life will be very much easier, and you will have more peace in your life. Our life is a big test, the more we do for our creator the more happier we are. I pray that Allah garnt you the most good muslem girl who will make you happy all your life.

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)

Brother I like to remind you that lowering gaze for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa taaala put sweetness in hearts. When you start praying 5 times a day then your life will be very much easier, and you will have more peace in your life. Our life is a big test, the more we do for our creator the more happier we are. I pray that Allah garnt you the most good muslem girl who will make you happy all your life.
Thanks for your kind words sister. They mean a lot. May Allah (SWT) reward all of you for your help. I'm truly grateful. :)

hana*

assalamu alaikum brother,

marriage comes with a huge responsibility for both the husband and wife. a pre-requisite is that the husband must be able to financially support the wife- food, clothes, education, housing etc.

i believe that you should spend your youth now while you have the chance in educating yourself both islamically and non-islamic education, which will enable you to obtain a good career, inshaAllah.

do you know that amoungst the people shaded in Allah's shade on the day of judgement, where there will be no other shade is a young man, like yourself, who grows with islam and obedience to Allah.

strive-may-i

Challenge you are ready for, Independence and Islamic way of life...

The sisters have been too kind with you. My Brother, Please listen...

How many times in a day you think you are lonely? Is it because your mind is idle? Idle mind is evils workshop and Is this marriage because you are lonely? And are you lonely because you are not keeping yourself busy? And if you are not keeping yourself busy to mould your raw personality, then you are not making use of the best asset called 'free time'.

You are mentally ready, but you have not been put to test, so If I were you its just an assumption... Are you sure you are physically ready, financially ready, ready to take the burden of supporting another person. If you want to achieve something in life, then this is stage, thats what your body and confidence is ready for...

Trust me, marriage is a bigger hurdle. Most fail to make a clean high jump and trip, you must learn to master yourself first, those actually become the strong foundation for a successful marriage and You right now have far too many minor hurdles in your hand. Are you sure you have the emotional stability to withstand and support your wife, who still is coping with her own changes?

MARCH ON, dont fall in that thought trap, if you keep your mind clear on higher goal, the distractions will stop bothering you. You should be getting inspired by the wise teens out there, who abstain, set a higher goal (education/career/Imaan) and reap the benefits by the time they are in their 20's (Young Adults). They say what you sow, so you reap. So, start looking for such teens and make them your acquaintance/friend, that's better for you. Yes you are ready to take the first challenge in life, I can sense that and the first challenge for you is to be independent, and for a Muslim, its to learn Islamic way of life, protect your Imaan...

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
assalamu alaikum brother,

marriage comes with a huge responsibility for both the husband and wife. a pre-requisite is that the husband must be able to financially support the wife- food, clothes, education, housing etc.

i believe that you should spend your youth now while you have the chance in educating yourself both islamically and non-islamic education, which will enable you to obtain a good career, inshaAllah.

do you know that amoungst the people shaded in Allah's shade on the day of judgement, where there will be no other shade is a young man, like yourself, who grows with islam and obedience to Allah.
Yes I am aware that it takes huge responsibility from both sides. I'll definitely be spending my time for good. Thanks sister for your valuable input. :)

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)

How many times in a day you think you are lonely? Is it because your mind is idle? Idle mind is evils workshop and Is this marriage because you are lonely? And are you lonely because you are not keeping yourself busy? And if you are not keeping yourself busy to mould your raw personality, then you are not making use of the best asset called 'free time'.

You are mentally ready, but you have not been put to test, so If I were you its just an assumption... Are you sure you are physically ready, financially ready, ready to take the burden of supporting another person. If you want to achieve something in life, then this is stage, thats what your body and confidence is ready for...

Trust me, marriage is a bigger hurdle. Most fail to make a clean high jump and trip, you must learn to master yourself first, those actually become the strong foundation for a successful marriage and You right now have far too many minor hurdles in your hand. Are you sure you have the emotional stability to withstand and support your wife, who still is coping with her own changes?

MARCH ON, dont fall in the Trap, your teen friends tell you. You should be getting inspired by the wise teens out there, who abstain, set a higher goal (education/career/Imaan) and reap the benefits by the time they are in their 20's (Young Adults). They say what you sow, so you reap. So, start looking for such teens and make them your acquaintance/friend, that's better for you. Yes you are ready to take the first challenge in life, I can sense that and the first challenge for you is to be independent, and for a Muslim, its to learn Islamic way of life, protect your Imaan...

Very true brother. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. Thanks.

yasak80

I will pray for you ata95 ,
May Allah help you with your good intentions.
Allah open the doors for the believers.
sabr

strive-may-i

MARCH ON, dont fall in that thought trap, if you keep your mind clear on higher goal, the distractions will stop bothering you. You should be getting inspired by the wise teens out there, who abstain, set a higher goal (education/career/Imaan) and reap the benefits by the time they are in their 20's (Young Adults). They say what you sow, so you reap. So, start looking for such teens and make them your acquaintance/friend, that's better for you. Yes you are ready to take the first challenge in life, I can sense that and the first challenge for you is to be independent, and for a Muslim, its to learn Islamic way of life, protect your Imaan...

Very true brother. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. Thanks.

So how about you list, your life's other aspirations. You interests... what kept your thoughts occupied in past before this 'marriage thing' filled your mind ...

Sakeena

asalam alaikum br.

I think you're too young for marriage n supporting a wife n kid. You should wait until you're at least 18, 19, 20, or a little older. But most importantly, learn the Deen first. We can't stress that enough. Learn your five prayers and pray salat five times a day. This is more important. For now, this is your homework. :)

I don't mean to sound rude, but I know many sisters who rush into marriage and I have learned that it is best to wait. Sure I could have gotten married at 16, but I am sure that Allah (swt) has someone very special in mind for me. I am now 22. Wait until you're established. Finish high school and college, learn Arabic if you can so you can teach your children when you have them. Even if you are ready, you're still young and there are many things you have to do before looking for a wife.

Remember that haste is from shaytaan. Read Qur'an if you're bored. Getting married shouldn't be an outlet just because you're bored. Go to the masjid. Join after schoo. Activities. Be blessed. Please DON'T RUSH! Focu on something that you can actually achieve short term for now. Even with these feeling n urges brother, we are all human, we all have them, ask ALLAH and pray for Him to give you RELIEF. You don't have to sit and endure them with duaa you can ask Allah for any kind of help/relief that you need.

Considering your current situation, you can't get married right now or is difficult and others have advised that you should wait until your financially and emotionally ready. In this case, financially n emotionally since ur still so young n growing still. Just ask Allah to help you overcome these uges by fasting and praying. If you haven't learned to pray alat may I ask what are you doing trying to get married? :)

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
asalam alaikum br.

I think you're too young for marriage n supporting a wife n kid. You should wait until you're at least 18, 19, 20, or a little older. But most importantly, learn the Deen first. We can't stress that enough. Learn your five prayers and pray salat five times a day. This is more important. For now, this is your homework. :)

I don't mean to sound rude, but I know many sisters who rush into marriage and I have learned that it is best to wait. Sure I could have gotten married at 16, but I am sure that Allah (swt) has someone very special in mind for me. I am now 22. Wait until you're established. Finish high school and college, learn Arabic if you can so you can teach your children when you have them. Even if you are ready, you're still young and there are many things you have to do before looking for a wife.

Remember that haste is from shaytaan. Read Qur'an if you're bored. Getting married shouldn't be an outlet just because you're bored. Go to the masjid. Join after schoo. Activities. Be blessed. Please DON'T RUSH! Focu on something that you can actually achieve short term for now. Even with these feeling n urges brother, we are all human, we all have them, ask ALLAH and pray for Him to give you RELIEF. You don't have to sit and endure them with duaa you can ask Allah for any kind of help/relief that you need.

Considering your current situation, you can't get married right now or is difficult and others have advised that you should wait until your financially and emotionally ready. In this case, financially n emotionally since ur still so young n growing still. Just ask Allah to help you overcome these uges by fasting and praying. If you haven't learned to pray alat may I ask what are you doing trying to get married? :)
Walaikum salam. Yeah I understand what you mean sister. I just need to take my time with it and learn Islam the best I can before looking for a wife. Somewhere I saw that Allah (SWT) has already made a spouse for us and He will send them when we are ready for each other. Is this correct?

Sakeena

Salam dearo. That's right. :) alhamdulilah! So you don't need to search--at least not right now. She'll pop up when Allah is ready for you two to get married. :) you don't want to marry the wrong person. Don't get me wrong, marriage is beautiful! It's a blessing! I, too, am eager to marry, but I am happy at the possiblity of an amazing hubby! I am excited! You can be excited and enthusiastic for marriage but try to better yourself first! You'll make an amazing hubby ohe day InshaAllah. So don't worry! :D

Walaikum salam. Yeah I understand what you mean sister. I just need to take my time with it and learn Islam the best I can before looking for a wife. Somewhere I saw that Allah (SWT) has already made a spouse for us and He will send them when we are ready for each other. Is this correct?