A verse of Qran

Tamer

Assalamu 3alekom

Dear brothers and sisters , could anyone of yours help me with the traslation and detailed explanations of the terms (with ethimological explaning I mean) of Qran 33:59 ??

:jazaak:

Tamer

Ua 3aleikom assalam

محمد

look brother if u talk meaning of verse..

O Prophet! tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (33:59)

there are many scholar Explain it..

and this verse talk about Correct Hijaab

wa Assalam Alaykum

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalam alaykum

what's meaning of ethimological

:salam2:
I think he means "etymological" which means "true meaning".

To the original poster:
Surah Al Ahzab 33:59 (Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation) - "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is the most convient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful".

Footnotes summarization:
This applies to all believing women. "Outer Garments" refers to the Jilbab (look it up on Google to see how it looks like, plural Jalabib). The object wasn't to restrict their freedom, but to protect them from harm and molestation. If a women tries to observe this rule but fails due to human weakness, "Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful".

So, Allah is commanding women to cover themselves when they go outside with a Jilbab. This is so that they won't be raped/molested when going outside alone (some people will try this when seeing an uncovered attractive woman), they won't be seen as prostitutes, and they won't be looked at as sex toys and instead as women.

I hoped I answered your question. If I have, all praise and thanks be to Allah, and may He continue guiding you to the straight path.

:wasalam:

Tamer

Dear brothers thanks for your answers ,
Yesterday I needed this answer about , and I was a bit in hurry and maybe I did wrong not explaining myself at the best.
I know this verse and I know its translations of the meaning in English and Italian language (which is my mother language).
My problem is the following one : I've started a dialogue with a man who says to be muslim ( Inshiallah he is ) , who adfirm that niqab , khimar , hijab are the whole not precribed by Qran ; he bases on his own interpretation of the meaning of the several verses of Qran , and that many hadiths are false.
I don't want be in hungry with him or make a war in his own site , just I'd like to show him his errors , or at least shows the best to the other ( italian or not ,muslim or not ) which is the correct way.
My problem in particular is referred to this verse and expecially to the meaning of "cast their outer garments" ; etymological sense refers to the meaning of the word : i.e. the correct and most "original" meaning of the words in mother language (arabic) of Qran. So I need that.
In my italian and English translation of the meanings , it's translated in two ways : "to put on their veils" or "to draw their garments".
When I quoted this verse to the man I've told you , he answered that it doesn't mean anything more than "lengthen" their dresses and not to put on hijab. That's way I've asked you about the etymological meaning 'cause I don't speak arabic as mother language.

Thanks to you "new muslim" for your answer I've found interesting : I've looked in google as to "Jalabib" but I've found different pictures which includes and not includes hijab. Any other info about this word , always in the etymological way ?

Any other suggestion ?

Many thanks to all of yours who'll read and answers and suggest.
All praise and thanks be to Allah , and may He guide and bless us , and help us in correct kwnoledge ; and He always knows best.

:wasalam: