A very happy news

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatulah

I hope all of you are having a lovely shovely time..

I received a very happy news via an email and was asked to not disclose it until November 28, 2011. However I didn't had the courage to not share it with the brothers and sisters of TTI lol.

I hope that inshallah it will inspire many to progress.

attachment.php

The official announcement:
The official announcement would be found here
https://www.facebook.com/CollegeEdition?sk=app_270959269623355

Or look at the image below.
attachment.php

Attachments

• College Edition.jpg
    College Edition.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Nomination.jpg
    Nomination.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 157

septithol

Banned
Question: Do you know anything at all about this person or 'National Society of Professional Engineers' that wrote to you? Are you an engineer, or have you done something noteworthy to contribute to that feild? If not, I'd be a bit leery of this, it sounds like the 'bait' to some sort of con game. My guess is, at some point they are going to ask you for money, in order to print and send you an award, or a magazine featuring you.

I would also not send them your college transcript or anything else, unless you know something for sure about these people, it's possible they could use the information in your transcript to steal your identity, and then take out credit cards (or some other con) in your name, leaving you to pay or explain the debt.

septithol

Banned
Apparently there *is* such an organization as the 'national society of professional engineers'. However, that doesn't prevent someone from impersonating them. I don't know enough about you to say, if there is a good reason why you should be getting this award, then I would say it is legitimate, but if the email came from nowhere, or from just getting your address off some engineering message board on the internet, then be cautious of them. Certainly do not give them any money or social security number or credit card number unless you are very certain about them.

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Answer:

National society of professional engineers is a renouned society that all most every engineer knows or should know of.

I applied for "New face of engineering" about a month ago and alhamdolillah I am glad that I am one of very few who got nominated. The application process was very long. If I remember correctly, I had to write like 6 essays lol.

Bottom line: There is no concern about the legitimacy of this email.

Question: Do you know anything at all about this person or 'National Society of Professional Engineers' that wrote to you? Are you an engineer, or have you done something noteworthy to contribute to that feild? If not, I'd be a bit leery of this, it sounds like the 'bait' to some sort of con game. My guess is, at some point they are going to ask you for money, in order to print and send you an award, or a magazine featuring you.

I would also not send them your college transcript or anything else, unless you know something for sure about these people, it's possible they could use the information in your transcript to steal your identity, and then take out credit cards (or some other con) in your name, leaving you to pay or explain the debt.

lovefordeen

mabrook

wa'alikum assalaamu wa rahmathulahi wa barakathuhu

congrats on your selection...i don't know much about this,but congrats to you again...

May Allah bless you with a bright future both here and in the akhira ...ameen

septithol

Banned
Bottom line: There is no concern about the legitimacy of this email.

Ah. Ok. I just worry about scams and stuff, I myself once entered a 'Poetry Contest', after which I kept getting repeated emails telling me that I had supposedly won one of their prizes, and asking me for MONEY to have my poem published, to buy their magazine, to buy a ticket to their awards ceremony, etc, etc. Real prizes give you money, they don't ask you for money.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

MashaAllah, brother also check out the engineering place out of Reston VA..I think it is the Civil society of ...that is a big group

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah sister,

Jazakamullah khairun sister.

I think you are talking about "American Society of Civil Engineers". If that is the case then I am not eligible to become its member because this society is specific to the civil engineering discipline.

Below are some of the professional organizations that I am involved with

1. National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)
    [*]American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning (ASHRAE)
    [*]American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
    [*]American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
    [*]Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
    [*]American Society of Nuclear Engineers (ANS)

NSPE is professional organization with encompasses all the engineering disciplines. So in a way I am involved with Civil engineers

Assalaam walaikum,

MashaAllah, brother also check out the engineering place out of Reston VA..I think it is the Civil society of ...that is a big group